wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing > WIP Skins/Textures
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-17-2010, 08:18 AM   #31
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

HyperActive is on a distinguished road (18)

The previews are small, but they do look improved.
What's going on with the tauren's totem? It's not going to be a milk container anymore?

Last edited by HyperActive : 01-17-2010 at 08:19 AM.
HyperActive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #32
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

Thats because I forgot to change the resolution in the game :P. I noticed that way later after I psoted the pics. Ill post them again later with the correct size, as soon as I get another wip to post.

And no, the milk-dispensor didnt worked out last time, it would be just a bit chunk of metal, and adding anything else would make it look random imo.
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:57 AM   #33
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Double post

So yeah, I lied. I made no vines in that dress thingy, I thought they would give it a nature-ish feel if I made too much, and wouldnt be much of a difference if I made only a few. I went with a golden border on the tips and a pattern that from the ingame view gives just a subtle gradient that goes darker as it goes down. Plus some TC where I could place it.
Im still kinda at a loss with what to do with those horns. Im probably changing the top of his head too (where that purple with the skull is)

Ill start fixing the saturation and all those stuff when I finish everything.

Ill get some ingame pics later...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cabeza geca.jpg (468.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg flat.jpg (107.4 KB, 43 views)
Old 01-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #34
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

HyperActive is on a distinguished road (18)

Pumpkin handles for horns? Bat wings? Hmm...

The green team color looks odd to me, but it's nice to have some TC. I imagine that dark green, orange and purple TC would suit him better.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #35
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

The gold at the ends of the dress is really stealing attention from the rest of the model and just IMO the TC is a bit strong. Dunno. It's hard to tell without an ingame shot.

The jagged swirly design on the dress looks really good :)
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:22 AM   #36
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

Yup, you are right about the gold dress, I only noticed it right after you mentioned it :P. Ill tone it down then, and darken the TC a bit too.

And bat wings sound like a good idea, I will try that and see if the model can take it.

Last edited by NiRVaNa_87 : 01-28-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:51 AM   #37
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

That thing has some serious detail. Have you looked at it in-game?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #38
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

Yeah, I tested it ingame... it looks good enough I guess :\.
Stuff like the pattern on the clothes are slightly visible if you focus your sight or zoom just a little bit, and if you dont it just gives a subtle gradient that goes darker as it goes down, which is the way it would look if I just reduced details there.
The body is barely seen from the ingame view because of the head and the horns which are on the way, so I dont worry much in there. Face look ok... kinda dark imo, but I want to check back in there after I make those goddamned horns.
I will probably remove those vines I made in the bracer to make it stand out more, and if possible (as in, if it look good) Ill make the hanging vines thicker, or either remove them or do somethign else, they dont add anything right now.

Well, Im attaching an ingame screenshot, I dont really like how it looks in static ingame images tho, its not the same :(
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pumkinhead ingame.jpg (273.8 KB, 32 views)