wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Artist's Discussion and Queries
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-08-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
rizla
User

rizla has little to show at this moment (3)

Default Disabled icon question

Sup everyone, i was just wondering if there was a way to set every icon to use the same disabled icon. If not is there a way to make EXTREMELY small icons (in the 1kb range) for this purpose, even if they're plain black or something. My map is rather large and i'm trying to cut down on space. I've got a lot of icons so the disabled versions just double the size needed.

Deaths Grip (RPG)
Production on hold until I can get a grip on my life. Was redoing a bit of terrain and the cities to keep them up to date with todays modding standards. Triggers are basically done.

Looking to provide different conversations depending on the charcters chosen (mainly the party leader.) Anyone with suggestions or interested in working on this please contact me.

Take a look at Deaths Grip
rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Well, you could just not import any disabled icons at all, and replace the no-image lime green block with your generic disabled icon. Not quite sure what the path to that is, though.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
rizla
User

Thats actually a brilliant idea. I didn't think of that. Thank you. That way i can have disabled icons for the spells but not the items.
+rep

Deaths Grip (RPG)
Production on hold until I can get a grip on my life. Was redoing a bit of terrain and the cities to keep them up to date with todays modding standards. Triggers are basically done.

Looking to provide different conversations depending on the charcters chosen (mainly the party leader.) Anyone with suggestions or interested in working on this please contact me.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Honest to god I've been looking for a method for this. +Rep to Rizla for asking the question and RDZ for answering.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
rizla
User

Lol and i thought i this was going to be a random thread.

edit: i've looked for the path and can't find a thing under game interface. Even went as far as looking for the actual green icon in the mpq, but nothing. Any ideas?

Deaths Grip (RPG)

Last edited by rizla : 11-08-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #6
rizla
User

Sorry to double post but i looked into replacing the green icon and couldn't find it anywhere, not the path, not the icon, not even something remotely similar. I did however find a tutorial at http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f...ons-guide-7123 i hope thats right. It is a pretty good alternative. Its not brilliant but it will do the trick.

edit: There is actually a tutorial on wc3campaigns for this as well. Its under tutorials for beginners, "how to import icons." its near the bottom of the tut.

Deaths Grip (RPG)

Last edited by rizla : 11-09-2008 at 02:40 PM.