wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > General Mapping Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #31
Anopob
Yay!

Anopob has a spectacular aura about (120)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
blah blah blah
However (this is the "weird" part), put together they do not work. ((I kinda need a second opinion or confirmation on that...))
blah blah blah
Confirmed. This is where it gets super tricky, and super stupid. Here are a few points:
  • Alright, if you change the default skill's summon (Inferno) to something else, it works
  • Let's say you do Summon Quillboar as the summoning skill. If Rain of Chaos' level TWO is that skill, then if it's leveled (which Quillboar is) it will summon LEVEL 2. So basically level 2 rain of chaos = level 2 of w/e of that skill
  • If you use default Inferno skill, whatever unit there is OKAY to go with Rain of Chaos. However, if you change to another skill, eg. Summon Quillboar, then the animation won't play (because it belongs to Inferno), and if they do not have Spell Immunity, they will be perma-stunned (also units in the area)
  • Skills that don't summon don't work
  • Units that randomly get OUT of the summoning circle won't get stunned...yeah I don't know how it worked but one time a quillboar wasn't stunned
  • Mechanical stuff take 5 damage or so, depending on armor (or something else I have no idea about)
  • Remove buffs (in trigger) CAN remove the perma stun, as well as Spell Immunity (only before-hand). Dispel Magic however does not
  • Timed things are not-timed in this

Awkward, I know. That's all for now, perhaps some other strange stuff may occur (edited with more info). I guess I should also say that most of this stuff was testing NOT using the default Inferno summoning spell.

P.S. I find testing these abilities fun for some reason
Better Ways of Requesting For Help - Race Contest #2 WIP Thread (Bone Race)
As of December 1st I have my blue rep. Yay :D

Last edited by Anopob : 09-09-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Anopob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #32
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

O RLY?

Ya, I find them rather useful. However, Dark Portal makes permanent summons (not sure if I already said that). And of course, Rain of Chaos can just make dummy units, which allows for a whole range of effects.

But I posted it here in hopes someone would refute me and make it work; I wanted my Death Knight to AoE-target and randomly summon a random number of skeletons... :/
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #33
Anopob
Yay!

Just to let u know, just put in Raise Dead and it works.

edit: crap nevermind, you can't achieve a random #.
  • Militia are still timed
  • Parasite works
Yeah I'm like addicted to this ..

Last edited by Anopob : 09-09-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:50 AM   #34
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Perma-stunned? Are you sure; none of my Golems... Oh yeah!! They were stunned, but, like, for .01 seconds after birth... Perhaps their is a field for that?

?? Not-timed? I believe Rain of Chaos allows normal expiration timers, but Dark Portal (I know) does not.

Hey, I'm glad someone finds it fun; how else would we figure this kinda stuff out? :P

I can't imagine how Raise Dead would work, since it requires a corpse...

Wait, you used "Call to Arms" as the "Ability for Unit Creation"?? Can you do that?!

Parasite... Same thing, that's a unit-target, not a summon, technically... How does this work?
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 09-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #35
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Quote:
I can't imagine how Raise Dead would work, since it requires a corpse...
Parasite... Same thing, that's a unit-target, not a summon, technically... How does this work?

Conditional summoning. If X happens/is present, then do so and so.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #36
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

So basically, if you set it to "Raise Dead", it'll work (but only if their's corpses).

And with "Parasite", it'll only work if their are enemies (up to the amount of random iterations) to cast Parasite on.

?
Old 09-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #37
Anopob
Yay!

No no no, both work. I know, it with Raise Dead is SO FUCKING AWESOME. I mean, sure, you need a fixed value (2, 3, 4) but the animation is still there (that raise green thingy) and the skeleton plays birth animation, it is at random times as well.

For the militia, no, I just did Summon Quillboar and changed the unit, heh. However, because they're in the state of change or whatever they're timed unlike Water Elementals.

EDIT: Perhaps your golems were stunned but only for a brief moment because they're spell immune? I don't know. For the "value" thing...perhaps it's the duration of Rain of CHaos....default is 1.00 / 0.8 / 0.6, so maybe that's how fast your stun was?

Also, Dark Portal with a value (the first one) with a 1 or 2 crashes your COMPUTER. Don't know why though. Spells like Possession, Call to Arms (Peasant) and Call to Arms (Town Hall) don't work.

I did a test with the duration at 0.01 for Chaos (Grunt). Yes, it did work and summoned a Chaos Grunt (+), however, it stunned them for .. permanently until buffs are removed. Same with 0.02 and 0.03.

Further testing (yeah, I'm crazy) shows more things. I edited all 3 fields with Summon Quillboar (edited to Chaos Grunt), Chaos (Grunt), and Infernal (Neutral Hostile) (Chaos Grunt). At 0.01 for each (duration in RoC), the ability to morph, Chaos (Grunt)'s stuns lasts forever until buffs are removed, Inferno (Neutral Hostile) (Chaos Grunt) is fine but dies to it's buff removed through TRIGGERS, and finally with the Quillboar summon is permanent until buffs are removed as well. Though you can counter this perma-stun thing by just removing a pre-placed Spell Immunity right after they are summoned.

Destroyer Form works, yet they are timed (about...30-60 seconds?). Entangled Gold Mine does work, yet starts off with no gold. Robo Goblin is like the same as it dies within 3 seconds or so. Actually, upon FURTHER testing MANY things die with a few seconds, like Feral Spirit. Force of Nature works exactly like Raise Dead and Parasite; no requirements necessary. Mount HIppogryphs (both) work, but perma-stun. I think summons and mechanical are the only unit-types that don't get perma-stunned.

Yeah, this is kinda weird so it probably won't be used, but whatever. I goddamn hope SOMEONE has a use for this..otherwise say some skill if you want and I'll gladly test whenever I can.

Last edited by Anopob : 09-11-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:10 AM   #38
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

That is disturbing.

I will have to do some dark portal testing.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:54 AM   #39
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anopob
Force of Nature works exactly like Raise Dead and Parasite; no requirements necessary.

This is exactly what I was asking, and exactly what I was looking for in your explanation, which instead was relegated to a mere footnote. That being said...

No requirements?! That means I can use Raise Dead instead of Dark Portal, and I can get my 2 varieties of Skeletons just fine! (what was that you were saying about "only fixed values"? Where?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anopob
For the militia, no, I just did Summon Quillboar and changed the unit,...
So... you did "Summon Quillboar", but changed it to the Human Militia?... Explain-zorz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anopobo
Also, Dark Portal with a value (the first one) with a 1 or 2 crashes your COMPUTER...
I'm not even gonna try to decipher this one. Pretend I don't know what a "World Editor" is; can you explain this? :P

I don't know if my Golems were spell-immune; although as they were based on the Rock/Granite Golem, I'd suspect that they were.

I'm not sure I have any idea what you're trying to say you tested with all that "Chaos Grunt" mumbo-jumbo.

Why did you use Summon Quillboar so much; any particular reason?

Destroyer Form, too?? So did it make Destroyers, or Statues??

Entangled Gold Mine?! Ok, what in the world is wrong with you? Are you testing Dark Portal or Rain of Chaos for this one? It actually makes a Gold Mine, that's Entangled??

Mount Hippogryphs... Makes Hippogryph Riders out of thin air? Darkwulfv is right; this is quite disturbing.

Oh, I have use for this; if only for raw curiousity. But I'm too lazy to do that much testing myself...
But if you're taking Requests... Oh, actually I can't think of anything. I was gonna say "Factory" (not "Pocket Factory"), but that's pretty much self-explanatory.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:58 AM   #40
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

So, what ARE you testing, Anop? RoC(A) or Dark Portal? And most of those are indirect summons, so I'm not sure what's going on. Before I can add any of these, please make some conclusive statements (such as "abilities like X will work, abilities like Y will work but blah, etc.).

Thanks for all the testing, btw.
Spells I've Made

Old 09-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #41
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Quite indeed. Let us shower him with rep. :P

And I'm still racking my brains, trying to come up with an ability I don't understand and don't want to test...

Oh hey! (This isn't exactly a single "ability", per say...) But would you be willing to test an idea for me? Like, using mostly abilities (but light triggers if necessary), to make a concept?

(if so:) I wanna have a race that has Auto-Miners and Auto-Harvesters. They should suck gold from the gold mine, and just chop down trees by themselves. Specifically the buildings.
i.e. the Gold Mine would become "Entangled" and auto-spawn 5 "miners" who would auto-run inside and auto-mine forever. (upon death of the mine, though, they'd have to be removed also)
i.e. the "Lumber Mill" building would send out a single "Harvester" (maybe 2? could be upgradeable?), which chops down trees and takes it back to it's "origin building".

Hey, at least I tried. :P
Old 09-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #42
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

You're kinda hijacking the thread here...
Spells I've Made

Old 09-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #43
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Sorry, my bad. <_<

(Anopob, if you want to, we'll move this to the realm of PMs)
Old 09-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #44
Anopob
Yay!

Sorry for the in-clear post before. It's just that sometimes the perma-stun when a unit is summoned is there, and sometimes it isn't. Here we go.

Quote:
This is exactly what I was asking, and exactly what I was looking for in your explanation, which instead was relegated to a mere footnote. That being said...

No requirements?! That means I can use Raise Dead instead of Dark Portal, and I can get my 2 varieties of Skeletons just fine! (what was that you were saying about "only fixed values"? Where?)
Fixed values as in the number of skeletons. I actually haven't tested if it can summon more than 1 skeleton TYPE, so testing that now. And yup, no requirements, though the animation is shown (so cool).

EDIT: Damn, sorry, only one at a time. I'm pretty sure you can edit it throughout the levels though (eg. level 1 one skele warrior, level 2 two skele mage).

Quote:
So... you did "Summon Quillboar", but changed it to the Human Militia?... Explain-zorz?
Yes, I used the ability Summon Quillboar, changed the Quillboar summon to Human Militia, and it works. Simple. Call of Arms however does not.

Quote:
I'm not even gonna try to decipher this one. Pretend I don't know what a "World Editor" is; can you explain this? :P
The heck? Wrong quote? The quote you showed is about Dark Portal, but um yeah, I based a skill off of Dark Portal, everything was default except the number of summons, and when I casted it with 1 summon, or 2 summons (in the AMOUNT OF SUMMONS value), it crashed my comp.

Quote:
I don't know if my Golems were spell-immune; although as they were based on the Rock/Granite Golem, I'd suspect that they were.
Yeah, most probably.

Quote:
I'm not sure I have any idea what you're trying to say you tested with all that "Chaos Grunt" mumbo-jumbo.
Lol, you know the skill "Chaos (INSERT ORC UNIT HERE)"? eg. Chaos (Grunt), Chaos (Raider), it basically was for the campaign in Warcraft to change all the units into Fel Orcs. That works (in RoC).

Quote:
Why did you use Summon Quillboar so much; any particular reason?
Not really. I just used it because it was simple and in easy access, I just need to plop in a unit ID in one of the skill slots, and after the first test it was already assigned to RoC, test away and there you go. Water Elemental might have worked, as well as the other summons. I'm not going to go through ALL of them..

Quote:
Destroyer Form, too?? So did it make Destroyers, or Statues??
Destroyers, of course. Though as I said they were timed for 30-60 seconds ish, not really sure I suck at estimation of the expiration timers (btw, there was no name in that expiration timer bar).

Quote:
Entangled Gold Mine?! Ok, what in the world is wrong with you? Are you testing Dark Portal or Rain of Chaos for this one? It actually makes a Gold Mine, that's Entangled??
Rain of Chaos. The main test here IS rain of chaos, sorry, Dark portal was just kinda off track. It makes a gold mine that's entangled, but facing awkwardly. And there's 0 gold in it.

Quote:
Mount Hippogryphs... Makes Hippogryph Riders out of thin air? Darkwulfv is right; this is quite disturbing.
Indeed, I'm pretty sure they were perma-stunned and died quickly.

darkwulfv: As I said, the MAIN focus here is RoC, kinda got off track with Dark Portal so my fault there.

Please note, for some reason all units and buildings are damaged to the slightest (approx 5 damage, at the max). Units will easily heal this before you notice it probably, but buildings can take that 5-10 damage extra (by staacking, while some summons don't) so that's just a pre-caution.

About the list...well, I got time, but I'll edit this post after. Firstly, values, because some are confusing:
  • DataA# / Ability for Un... - The unit type that is to be summoned.
  • DataB# / Number of... - The number of unit types that is to be summoned.
  • Dur# / Duration - Normal - The amount of time the caster will stand there, channeling. It is also the amount of time between each unit (so 2 seconds in this value and 4 units mean you have to stand there for approx 8 seconds).
Yeah the first two wasn't confusing but whatever. I have yet to understand what Buffs and Effects have to do with it.

Now with that being said, here are the lists that are factual (hopefully).
THE PERFECT LIST
The following works perfectly, are not effected in any way whatsoever.
  • Infernal (Neutral Hostile) [default] - Whatever unit you put inside that value, this IS GOING TO WORK with the desired effect of units, AOE stun and damage.
  • Pocket Factory - They look awkward because facing a different angle, and they don't summon Clockwerk Goblins, but they don't have any expiration timer. All levels work FYI.
  • Phoenix - Perfect.
  • Serpent Ward - Not timed. Same with Rokhan's.
  • Spawn Tentacle - Not timed.
  • Scout - Not timed.
  • Force of Nature - Shows animation for cool-factor. Not timed.

THE PS (Perma-Stun) LIST
The following works great, however the units are perma-stunned (until removed buffs via triggers). Please keep in mind that this is easily countered by adding spell immunity before-hand on the unit, then removing it if you do not wish to keep it on the unit.
  • Summon Bear
  • Summon Quillbeast - And Rexxar's.
  • Summon Hawk
  • Summon Prawns
  • Tornado - These tornados are destructible.
  • Summon Water Elemental

THE TIMER LIST
The following works...sadly, they're near-fail because they have a timer. Do not fear, some timers are longer than others. Please note that the times are APPROXIMATE. If something is timered as well as perma-stunned, it will be here.
  • Robo-Goblin - 3 seconds, PS
  • Spirit Beast - 3 seconds, PS
  • Raise Dead - 3 seconds. First time worked perfectly, second not so much. Have no idea.
  • Feral Spirit - 3 seconds, PS
  • Summon Misha (Rexxar) - 3 seconds, PS
  • Metamorphosis - 3 seconds, PS. ALL forms of this are the same.

THE FAIL LIST
The following DOES NOT work at all, though may seem like it (obviously not going to put all other values).
  • Summon Hydra
  • Summon Hydra Hatchling
  • Rain of Chaos - both of them don't work
  • Spawn Skeleton (Probably Black Arrow)
  • Spawn Spiderlings (Neutral Hostile)
  • Spawn Spiders (Neutral Hostile)
  • Animate Dead
  • Storm, Earth, and Fire - same with Chen's
  • Carrion Beetles - have NO idea why this doesn't work
  • Doom
  • Summon Lava Spawn

Phew. Done. Satisfied for now.

Last edited by Anopob : 09-11-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:10 AM   #45
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

Good god. Welcome to the "Special Thanks To" section.
Spells I've Made

Last edited by darkwulfv : 09-12-2008 at 03:17 AM.