wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-29-2006, 06:19 PM   #1
WildFurbolg
User

WildFurbolg has little to show at this moment (3)

Exclamation Good terrainer required!

Good day! My AOS project is looking for a talented terrainer.

We know that many AOSes have average landscape cause probably few authors think that terrain plays great role even in AOS maps. So we need a person who is able to create awesome landscape and really interested in making terrain.

The idea is that map is splitted into two parts, each part should have its own tileset. Just for instance, The Light (Auril) should have their territory covered with green forest or something alike and The Dark (Grohn) might have frozen trees on their side. This is just a suggestion, feel free to suggest and implement your own ideas.

This work definitely requires Zepyr's map editor to combine different tilesets.

Auril town is located at south-west side of the map, Grohn town is at north-east side (just like in DotA). In the center of the map additional town is located. That town belongs to neutral creeps and can be conquired by Auril or Grohn. Every town should look-like-a-town, not to be just a set of buildings and walls.

Also we'll give you some rules you should follow, for instance, where creeps tracks, passes, and some buildings are located. We can send you a bitmap with all tracks and passes drawn on it.

As for other things we say "you are the terrainer, you decide".

If you are interested in details, please contact me by PM.
WildFurbolg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
WildFurbolg
User

No terrain masters here? Really bad news :(
Old 08-30-2006, 10:33 PM   #3
Killer_Mushroom
Never trust an elf

Submissions (8)

Killer_Mushroom is a jewel in the rough (175)Killer_Mushroom is a jewel in the rough (175)

You only posted this yesterday. Wait about a week, and if nobody volunteers, then PM someone who isn't already occupied with a project. Don't expect too much interest, though.

I would volunteer to help you, but school is beginning in a week, and I'm already working on my own project at the moment.
Killer_Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:22 AM   #4
flamesforzuljin
back from the dead

flamesforzuljin will become famous soon enough (31)flamesforzuljin will become famous soon enough (31)

Send a message via ICQ to flamesforzuljin Send a message via AIM to flamesforzuljin Send a message via MSN to flamesforzuljin

hey man, i just got back into wc3modding and i need maybe a week or so to get myself re-aquainted with ..... everything, but hey, if you cant get anyone within a week, PM me or somethin, lemme know whats up.. thanks

-flames

flamesforzuljin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:44 AM   #5
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Robie williams ROFL

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)

Send a message via AIM to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN Send a message via MSN to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN

Duh, why people don't see all the forums before posting in one, This should be moved to the project recruitment forum.

~Dead

Retired (Well I'm still doing freelance works).
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #6
WildFurbolg
User

flamesforzuljin: Thank you very much. If nobody replies in a week, I will contact you.

P.S. It's a good news that you decided to return. I hope you'll recall your skills as fast as it is possible.

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN: I thought there are more chances to meet a person we are looking for so I decided to create this thread here. Also I registered some days ago and didn't noticed that forum, sorry.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:49 AM   #7
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Robie williams ROFL

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)

Send a message via AIM to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN Send a message via MSN to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN

Err The project recruitment has more terrainer vistors than this forum Anyways Gl.

~Dead

Retired (Well I'm still doing freelance works).
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:28 PM   #8
Celestea
Lady of the Eredar

Submissions (21)

Celestea is a jewel in the rough (163)Celestea is a jewel in the rough (163)

Hey..want me? :P add me on msn > tyrande_IIV@hotmail.com
Old 09-04-2006, 06:43 AM   #9
Blade.dk

Respected User

Submissions (15)

Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)

Approved Map: Azeroth's Arcane ArenaSpell session 01 winner

Send a message via MSN to Blade.dk

This belongs in project recruitment - Please make sure that you post in the correct forum next time.