wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #16
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deitri
Ur Bad :(
This is my first Seriously Drawing :'(
So what???? I hate it when people call reality bad. Stop living in your fantasy world, get a grip.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #17
Werewulf
Banned

Submissions (86)

Werewulf has little to show at this moment (0)

actually i love living out of reality...great way to forgot trouble is to think of otehr stuffs...
fantasy world created wc and many more things..
but yes, never forget reality..
hmm..its like ying and yang..
hahaha..hrm..
yes.
Werewulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #18
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

But they always link back to reality now dont they?
Old 06-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #19
Tiki
Transform and roll out!

Respected User

Submissions (11)

Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)

AI tournament - 3rd place

Thats better then most people on a second drawing. If you drew it cartoony on purpose then good for it, if not your body is alright, the muscles could use some work.

Dont listen to erwt, its not like his cartoony artwork has good proportions.

www.sc2armory.com - Join our forums and community.
Latest and most up to date information about starcraft II.
Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #20
Mordiggian
Death Metal Artist

Submissions (28)

Mordiggian has a spectacular aura about (120)

Send a message via MSN to Mordiggian

Cartoons do not need to have good (realistic) proportions. And as for this thread, erwt has only spoken thruth. If you don't like to get objective view of your work then why do you upload it into net?

OBEY
Click here for some serious groovin' metal!

Mordiggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #21
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

the proportions need to make sense.

I'm not saying my drawings have perfect anatomy, and they are not supposed to have that, but i do try and make them make sense. An arm that has gigantic fore and upper arms, but a teeny-weeny elbow joint, just does not make sense and looks really awkward.

He also has some drastic man-boob issues, the muscle on the left seems to bulge out way more then it seems to be a part of the muscle structure. The hands look twisted in an odd position and are really small for such huge arms. He has HUGE muscles on his arms and tits, yet his legs and waist are really slender. I wont start on the feet becouse if i say anything about that Tiki will come in and go "dont listen to erwt his feet suck", wich they do.

The cape seems to be blowing in the wind, yet his hair in untouched by it.

The arms are really what kills it most.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #22
Tiki
Transform and roll out!

Respected User

Submissions (11)

Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)

AI tournament - 3rd place

That is so something I would say. Lol.

But if he was going for that look, then let it be. If not its still only one of his earlier attempts, hell get better over time. Just look at samwise art.

www.sc2armory.com - Join our forums and community.
Latest and most up to date information about starcraft II.
Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:53 PM   #23
Deitri
User

Submissions (4)

Deitri is on a distinguished road (14)

Send a message via MSN to Deitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
the proportions need to make sense.

I'm not saying my drawings have perfect anatomy, and they are not supposed to have that, but i do try and make them make sense. An arm that has gigantic fore and upper arms, but a teeny-weeny elbow joint, just does not make sense and looks really awkward.

He also has some drastic man-boob issues, the muscle on the left seems to bulge out way more then it seems to be a part of the muscle structure. The hands look twisted in an odd position and are really small for such huge arms. He has HUGE muscles on his arms and tits, yet his legs and waist are really slender. I wont start on the feet becouse if i say anything about that Tiki will come in and go "dont listen to erwt his feet suck", wich they do.

The cape seems to be blowing in the wind, yet his hair in untouched by it.

The arms are really what kills it most.
Oh.
Now i see a good critique :D

On my next Cartoons i will try to balance their proportions of body.

About thw Wind:
That's a Good Point.
I didn't noticed that when i made him :O
Deitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #24
icbm1987
Lost Knight

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (2)

icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)icbm1987 has a spectacular aura about (110)

Concept art session 5 - Super Villains

Send a message via AIM to icbm1987 Send a message via MSN to icbm1987

Quote:
The ones that do get "good" never actually "Start" drawing, they just do, from the day they can hold a pancil to the day they cant anymore.

Doodling.

If you idly doodle, and enjoy it... then yes. A hero can be you too.

Here's my advice: If you get frustrated with what you're trying to draw, take a break, or go draw something that you can have more fun with. Art is passion, not just marks on a paper/canvas.

This is also why it's probably a good idea to carry a pencil and small sketchpad everywhere you go. Whenever you get inspired, then draw to your heart's content.

There are those who might disagree when I say this, but finishing a piece isn't the most important thing... it's the actual beginning it and taking it as far as it's enjoyable. Once that point is reached, I'd say you can stop.

I'll stop rambling now...

As far as technique goes, listen to what Erwt and TDR and everyone else has to say.

But remember... If it's only lead and not passion that flows through your pencil... then you ought to go out and get inspired before drawing any more.

icbm1987

Lost upon the winds of time...

Searching... for his lost Lord.
icbm1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:01 PM   #25
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icbm1987
This is also why it's probably a good idea to carry a pencil and small sketchpad everywhere you go. Whenever you get inspired, then draw to your heart's content.

There are those who might disagree when I say this, but finishing a piece isn't the most important thing... it's the actual beginning it and taking it as far as it's enjoyable. Once that point is reached, I'd say you can stop.
I have a hardcover A-4 sized book with blank pages that i take with me everywhere i go, and a collection of markers and ball-points (pencil and eraser is just not practical when drawing anywhere)

Basically whenever i have a dull moment (waiting for the buss, chillin' on the beach, being awake after sex while girlfriend allready sleeps) I grab the book and start doodling stuff. Its probubly where my best concepts come to be.

I must say however, that sometimes you really do have to finish a peace, its fulfilling to do so and notice you've gotten that little bit better.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:08 PM   #26
HatewarE
Untrve Swamplord

Submissions (5)

HatewarE will become famous soon enough (52)HatewarE will become famous soon enough (52)

Send a message via ICQ to HatewarE Send a message via MSN to HatewarE

Quote:
I have a hardcover A-4 sized book with blank pages that i take with me everywhere i go, and a collection of markers and ball-points (pencil and eraser is just not practical when drawing anywhere)

Me 2

always useful to have something like that

woho, started new map project... haven't thought I would touch the WE ever again...
HatewarE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:43 PM   #27
Dominant-Male
Murder!

Off Topic Moderator

Dominant-Male will become famous soon enough (46)Dominant-Male will become famous soon enough (46)

Send a message via MSN to Dominant-Male

Good lord...

I'd advice you to find pictures of human anatomy and actually just sketch up about 100 pictures of humans in various poses until you get the feel for it. Throwing in random muscles here and there is horrible. Just fucking horrible.
Dominant-Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:06 AM   #28
Werewulf
Banned

Submissions (86)

Werewulf has little to show at this moment (0)

if you cant think of anythin to draw, draw..a..er..good ol dream you had..or your emotion that you have at the moment,..i draw in the car...but..er.. of cause i dont usually fin the pics cuz i feel like throwin up and stuff...
but keep up teh work.
art cant be judged how close it is to reality(sorta...). but instead of how close it is to the artist.
Werewulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:40 PM   #29
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

Just start... Dont stare at the paper for an age, just start.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #30
Vig0r
Crabpork

Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)

Send a message via MSN to Vig0r

Quote:
Just start... Dont stare at the paper for an age, just start.

I'm sorry to spam like this but that sentence, coming from erwt's mouth made me laugh. So hard. Dont ask - I'm sure erwt understands why.
Vig0r is offline   Reply With Quote