wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-30-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
BuRnInSpartan
User

BuRnInSpartan is on a distinguished road (21)

Default Battle of the Earth Ideas

My lattest map is basically a total rip off of DotA but I've got two sides demons and humans and unlike dota you can only pick heroes based on your side. In addition gold is stored by the computer player on each side and at a certain cap, divided among the players. My other changes are you can purchase repairs and upgrades for your buildings. I'm looking for some other interesting things I can add into this map to make it more exciting.

My current heroes and their spells are:

Demons:

The Hellhound - a tank like hero with spells including
1. Flame Breath - producing a cone of fire in front of the Hellhound, damaging units in the way
2. Razor Fury - a 33.33% chance to release a fan of knives attack damaging units in a radius
3. Molten Flesh - a passive ability allowing the Hellhound to recover x health over x seconds however if on lava, it has an increased rate and amount
3. Charge - hellhounds ulti which disables control of hero and increases its movement speed, rushing towards target enemy and on contact dealing high amounts of damage. (i was thinking of including a DoT too like bleed).

Dark Phoenix - an extremely powerful caster hero with spells such as
1.Shade Shift - a version of blink only anything that is in the path of the Dark Phoenix while blinking, suffers minimal damage (still trying to work this out)
2. Shadowy Emissions - a rip off of thorns aura but modified spell detail
3. Shadow Beam - another rip off of firebolt but also with modified spell detail casting time and if unit is killed by the spell, a dark circle appears over the corpse damaging nearby units
4. Dark Sun - Phoenix's ulti that targets all units within a given radius and damages then with multiple waves of energy.3 pulses of 50 damage incriminates (scales as level increases)

The Ripper - a deadly assassin that can kill an enemy hero within seconds but can die within seconds himself
1. Thirst for Blood - the Ripper goes blood crazy and has increased movespeed, attack speed and damage for x seconds
2. Lurking Among Shadows - allows the Ripper to turn invisible
3. Blood Craze - When an enemy hero dies near the Ripper, he goes into a craze granting him a temporary increase to damage MS and AS
4. Cage - Ripper's ulti that cages target enemy removing it from combat until the cage breaks the unit will suffer minimal damage over time (not sure how op this could be but the health of the cage is low and works well enough in a lane. however i'm wondering about jungles and non lane combat maybe i could do time based also)

Demon Chemist - a master of poisonous concoctions (nothing special just reworking already made spells but is still cool)
1. Shed Poison - Fan of knives edited to show globs of poison instead on knives (i was considering having a poison damage over time applied to damaged units as well)
2. Poisonous Blood - Thorns Aura redone
3. Pin Cushion - Cluster Rockets redone
4. Poison Injection - Chemist's ulti Firebolt redone but also inflicts a deadly poison DoT

Humans:

The Holy Crusader - a demon slaying legend known for his support of the battlefield
1. Sunray - holy light but depending on the time of day, can double the effect
2. Crusader - grants additional damage and movement speed to all surrounding allied units
3. (need another idea)
4. Penance - Crusader's ulti stunning enemy hero and over x amount of time transfers x amount of gold

So far that's all I really have for heroes and new DotA type map ideas. If anyone has suggestions regarding new or old hero/spell/map ideas i'd love to hear them! If i decide to use these suggestions I will add a special thanks in my quest log. as I update my map i will update this page. Thanks Again!

Terrain: 0000000000
Units: 0000000000
Spells: 0000000000
Triggers: 0000000000
BuRnInSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
0zyx0
Perfectionist noob

0zyx0 will become famous soon enough (38)0zyx0 will become famous soon enough (38)

It isn't actually called dota-type, it is called AoS (Aeon of Strife). This page contains a lot of good points, you should give it a read.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
Mystic Prophet
User

Mystic Prophet is on a distinguished road (16)

Send a message via AIM to Mystic Prophet Send a message via MSN to Mystic Prophet

It always amuses me that Aeon of Strife was originally a hero seige. Basically the same thing but it was coop. My main suggestion would be to design heroes with a specific role in mind first. Once you know what the role is, try to come up with a theme. The trick is to make spells that compliment each other, or interact directly. For example, your hellhound hero has an ability that heals him when he's on lava. To take advantage of that you could replace flame breath with an area of effect spell that creates a temporary patch of lava that does DOT damage to enemies.
Mystic Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
BuRnInSpartan
User

BuRnInSpartan is on a distinguished road (21)

what exactly do you mean specific job?

Terrain: 0000000000
Units: 0000000000
Spells: 0000000000
Triggers: 0000000000
BuRnInSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote