wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix
Default Use normal AI in custom map

Hi guys my map is a castle vs castle map and is custom. CvC maps are modifications of a ladder game, they share all things a regular ladder game would have (4 races, items, armies ...) and they can have something more. My map is a custom map, however, I feel the computer AI would adjust to it very easily with only 1 minor change (just has to evolve the spawn building into a base, but I can also do that).
Many people are asking for my map to have AI and I know this would be an interesting addition. How do I enable Human (per example) insane AI in my custom map using triggers?

Btw, I will give +rep to people who help me (again)

Thx in advance.
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

I got an old tutorial about how to use custom AI's: http://wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=86893.

But however if you got something that requires to be done by triggers, do so. Unless you really want to edit the .ai file. + Computer (Insane) etc. just determine how many resources the AI gets and such.

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Mmm, in this AI thing, will the computer purchase items from my shops ? xD
Is there a website where I can download intelegent AI's?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

AIs are not generic resources, they must be coded so they can fit with your map.

You can do AI code with triggers perfectly, in theory you are able to do it now you consider good at jass. I think an example of this can be helful for you.... ok, I found it one here.

Last edited by moyack : 01-25-2009 at 10:17 PM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #5
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Quote:
AIs are not generic resources, they must be coded so they can fit with your map.
My map is much like a ladder map, it is not a her vs hero map =S
The idea would be to use a normal AI for a normal ladder, but with minor twists so it could buy from a shop, per example. Still Thx for help!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

eassy, then use a melee AI and with triggers put a timer that check if a hero pass near to a shop, if so, order him to buy an item.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:59 PM   #7
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

akolyt0r has a spectacular aura about (120)

But if your map has any custom abilities ...dont expect the AI to use them in a correct way ...
akolyt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:29 PM   #8
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

If you base it on the right ones, the AI will use it correctly. that's the reason why I never use channel, AI can't manage it.

For example, if you want a spell that the AI cast it when they find a cluster of enemies, use thunderclap (melee), or blizzard (ranged). Cast over units with mana in an AOE: silence, and so on...
Old 01-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #9
Archmage Owenalacaster
Laughs Derisively

Submissions (1)

Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)

Race-Building Contest #1 Winner

I work with AIs. AI files are small and importing modified versions of melee AIs is hardly an issue. I could do the modifications for you or, better yet, guide you through it. Getting the AI heroes to learn your abilities is a simple matter, but regarding custom items I know of no means to modify preference for item purchasing; moyack's suggestion seems best.
Archmage Owenalacaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:04 AM   #10
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Quote:
eassy, then use a melee AI and with triggers put a timer that check if a hero pass near to a shop, if so, order him to buy an item.
This will work great for Permanent items like a sword, or a shield, but not for items that need to be cast, like a custom AOE item =S
Quote:
If you base it on the right ones, the AI will use it correctly. that's the reason why I never use channel, AI can't manage it.

For example, if you want a spell that the AI cast it when they find a cluster of enemies, use thunderclap (melee), or blizzard (ranged). Cast over units with mana in an AOE: silence, and so on...
In a first version I intend only to give AI to Blizzard normal races, Human, Elf, Orc and Ud, so heroes would not be a problem. In further versions however, I would have to teach computer how to play the new races I created.

Quote:
I work with AIs. AI files are small and importing modified versions of melee AIs is hardly an issue. I could do the modifications for you or, better yet, guide you through it. Getting the AI heroes to learn your abilities is a simple matter, but regarding custom items I know of no means to modify preference for item purchasing; moyack's suggestion seems best.
Seems good. You are invited to my team as AI manager if you want xD
I don't need many modifications in the heroes, just to teach them how to use my items, if you could help I would appreciate.

Btw, does any one knows a good place to download melee brutal AI's ?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #11
Archmage Owenalacaster
Laughs Derisively

Submissions (1)

Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)

I wouldn't mind being the AI manager.

Units will use items as well as they would any ability they have, which as moyack explained requires the items must have abilities the AIs will use.

By brutal AIs, do you mean the standard AIs on Insane difficulty or custom AIs more difficult than Insane? If you mean the former, they are located in the game's MPQs.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #12
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

I mean AI's more intelligent then the insane AI the game has =D
Old 01-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #13
Archmage Owenalacaster
Laughs Derisively

Submissions (1)

AIs don't get any more intelligent, only more efficient in how they handle build orders, resource management, and target priorities. In a sense, AI intelligence is hardcoded and inaccessible to us mere mortals.

With regards to difficulty, it is quite a challenge to make a Blizzard AI more efficient than Insane difficulty since it already explores (almost) the entire tech tree, has targeting priorities to account for most practical purposes, and manages its resources, hm well, rather arbitrarily with the use of buffers (in the case of gold and lumber) and static build queues with conditions. One way to make an AI more efficient is to design it to be responsive to the game environment; this is the great challenge and passion of AI design.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Ok guys, thx all for help. +re to all !
Old 01-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #15
ericwu101
User

ericwu101 has little to show at this moment (4)

Hey, that CvC looks cool to me!

Maybe you can beat DotA!
ericwu101 is offline   Reply With Quote