wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Starcraft 2 Modding
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Default Just made an AoS spawning system

Well, it's not really a system as we understand it, just a collection of triggers. But still... it took me about 10 minutes to make the whole thing, it's really easy. No need to bother with waypoint regions and triggers that tell units to attack to the next point when they reach it; we can queue orders now, so you just create a unit and give it a list of waypoints (which are now actual points placed in the editor, no need to bother with centers of regoins) to follow all the way to the enemy base.

As much as real scripting is a pain to work with right now, there have been huge strides done with the trigger editor. You may dislike GUI (and I don't disagree with you there), but it is now considerably more streamlined than it used to be in WC3.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

and where is the map ? lol...

Last edited by Toadcop : 05-15-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:06 AM   #3
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)

Send a message via AIM to TheSecretArts Send a message via MSN to TheSecretArts Send a message via Yahoo to TheSecretArts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
Well, it's not really a system as we understand it, just a collection of triggers. But still... it took me about 10 minutes to make the whole thing, it's really easy. No need to bother with waypoint regions and triggers that tell units to attack to the next point when they reach it; we can queue orders now, so you just create a unit and give it a list of waypoints (which are now actual points placed in the editor, no need to bother with centers of regoins) to follow all the way to the enemy base.

As much as real scripting is a pain to work with right now, there have been huge strides done with the trigger editor. You may dislike GUI (and I don't disagree with you there), but it is now considerably more streamlined than it used to be in WC3.

I still want to stab babies when I do ANY kind of mathematical computations in the editor.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecretArts
I still want to stab babies when I do ANY kind of mathematical computations in the editor.
Can't you just use "custom script" and input your math formula?
Old 05-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)

Send a message via AIM to TheSecretArts Send a message via MSN to TheSecretArts Send a message via Yahoo to TheSecretArts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
Can't you just use "custom script" and input your math formula?

ahhh... now I feel stupid. lol