wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Personal User Projects > GrŁesome Entertainment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Do you like the new duel system?
Very much! 2 28.57%
Kinda.. 3 42.86%
Nope 2 28.57%
What? 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
RodOfNOD
Da Rodinator

User Project: GrŁesome

Submissions (1)

RodOfNOD will become famous soon enough (51)RodOfNOD will become famous soon enough (51)

Approved Map: Wartego

Default .26 trying it without duel

Beta 0.26 Changes

Added 3 new sell options in addition to the 75 percent the host can now pick 25, 50 and 100 percent return on your purchase. Added a new host option to turn off dueling. Temporarily removed Dueling to test a potential crash.

Beta 0.25 Changes

Fixed some bugs with regards to 'death'. Removed all units when player is declared dead. Added all keyboards to quest menu. Corrected various tooltips.

Please post any bugs found below.
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Risk Devolution - Asia 0.26 Beta.w3x (1.03 MB, 48 views)
RodOfNOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:04 PM   #2
LiLdevil
User

LiLdevil has little to show at this moment (0)

Default .26 DC Bug?

Well Rod, both of the two times I've hosted .26 there was a server split/mass DC.

Haven't tried it any further than that, or with a different host though. But, directly after I played .22 or .20, one of the versions before Multiboard and it worked fine.
LiLdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #3
Crezth
User

Crezth has little to show at this moment (0)

Hello Rod.

I have hosted this map multiple times and only on three occasions did the server split. I thought it was an isolated occurence but, no, the problem seems the map.

However the split seems to be rare and whenever it happens I can usually rm without difficulties. The map itself is great but, of course, players gripe about the 30-turn time limit (still plenty of time to experience the map however).

Some interesting things I've noted with regards to gameplay and strategy:

1. Most people do not notice the peculiar borders that Malaysia and Indonesia have. Some people do, but quite often players will take one or two islands of Indonesia's and leave the rest. Same with Malaysia. Maybe you could make it a little clearer that they're all one country?

2. Oftentimes a talented or crafty player can capture islands/ports without boats, simply by moving riflemen up on an adjacent shore. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but it can make for some interesting scenarios for the defender.

3. Do the ports in some Russian provinces really need to be like that? It's not as bad as Indonesia, but it can be troublesome.

On the whole, however, I think it's an excellent map. Truth be told the multiple-island-countries make it a lot more interesting and strategic (not to mention the independent cities - makes defending Guangxi a lot easier). Keep up the great work!
Crezth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
Slopdog_Returns
User

Slopdog_Returns has little to show at this moment (0)

I already sent a private message to you RodofNod, concerning the server splits. Unlike Crezth, mine occur in every game I have hosted in the past few days. I have had a few successful games, but lately, absolutely no luck.

The few games that have been successful ran great, and the duel system is interesting, although I still don't quite understand the point of it. Great job, keep it up.
Slopdog_Returns is offline   Reply With Quote