|05-19-2014, 06:42 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2009
The Ultimate Terraining Map 4.0
- ___ ___ _________ _____ ______ ___ ___ ________ - |\ \|\ \ |\___ ___\|\ _ \ _ \ |\ \ |\ \ |\ __ \ - \ \ \\\ \\|___ \ \_|\ \ \\\__\ \ \ \ \ \\_\ \ \ \ \|\ \ - \ \ \\\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \\|__| \ \ \ \______ \ \ \ \\\ \ - \ \ \\\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \|_____|\ \ ___\ \ \\\ \ - \ \_______\ \ \__\ \ \__\ \ \__\ \ \__\|\__\\ \_______\ - \|_______| \|__| \|__| \|__| \|__|\|__| \|_______| - - Original map by DungeonM. Supplemented by fladdermasken
Table of Contests
What is UTM? (Top)
UTM is short for Ultimate Terraining Map. This was an idea introduced way back by DungeonM and is basically a map containing the (most) useful models for terraining, properly organized in the object editor for ease of use. For a good while it was also set as a standardized contest map (or rather standardized resources allowed). Most habitual terrainers these days have their own customized terraining map with all their preferred set of imports and organization. This map is not intended to fill the role of its predecessor. It is intended as something to fall back on.
Note also that the filesize is redonkulous. It is so because a majority of all imports have high poly count/high resolution textures/whatever. Where I'm going with this is that this map should probably not be used as a template map for map making, as much as terrain art where these properties are (moreso) valued.
List of Credits: (Top)
- DungeonM :
UTM 3.0 (model credits found inside)
- Talavaj :
- tobyfat50 :
- oGre_ :
- Born2Modificate :
- Deolrin :
- Uncredited :
Some resources are uncredited. If you know the creator of an uncredited resource, please notify me or the terrain board moderator.
Same as before, with additions.
This version includes, among other things, these updates
- Added two terrain glow versions by tobyfat50
- Added omni star model by tobyfat50
- Added cloudfx doodad by b2m
- Added black glow model by Deolrin
- Added shrubs and rocks from Refuge in Ruins by _oGre to rock and shrub categories
- Added trees from b2m and toby under the tree category
- Added felsen variations, rocks from toby's ruined pack and sc2 conversions under rock category
- Added all props from Modular Kingdom by Talvaj under category "Modular"
- Added all props from Refuge in Ruins by _oGre under category "Refuge"
- Added a new category, "Modern", with a heap of models fit for modernistic terraining
- Added lion statue from Toby's Ruined Pack
- Added gears and cogwheels under category "Gears"
- Added chains model
- Added most variations to all structural models from Modular Manor by Talvaj under category "Modular"
- Added most variations to all structural models from Refuge in Ruins by _oGre under category "Refuge"
- Added most variations to all structural models from Toby's Ruined Pack under category "Toby"
- Added rivers and waterfalls from Refuge in Ruins
- Added rain drop effect
- Added circular water plane model
The only tile added is the alpha tile (Outland Abyss). With somewhere close to 100 custom sets to choose from I made the call not to include any at all. Both to prevent the default tiles from being unusable and to keep the filesize down.
How to use UTM (Top)
This is still early days. I tried keeping the filesize down a bit by not including redundant variations so it should run alright (considering the circumstances) if you aren't running this on a really slow machine. If you find things that need fixing, post it here and I will see if I can be arsed to take a helping position. If you find things I forgot to add please post in this thread.
Last edited by fladdermasken : 08-02-2018 at 10:08 PM.
|Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|