wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-21-2008, 09:13 PM   #16
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

The Pirate's Sword, Grom's Axe, and the Shadow Hunter's mask are the three things I would suggest improving. The first looks like random scribbles. I dunno exactly, but it could certainly be improved. The other two look too monotone.

As I said before though, they look good overall. When are you gonna post the moutain king?

Last edited by Shade987 : 01-21-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Shade987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:17 AM   #17
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (17)

THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)

Hero Contest #3 - 3rd PlaceSkinning Contest 10 ~ Druid of the talon

Send a message via AIM to THE_END Send a message via MSN to THE_END

Soon, when I get the time
Old 01-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #18
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Send a message via AIM to Malf

Post & Release plox
Old 01-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #19
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

OMG SECRET SKIN UPDATE

yar i've been away for 3 weeksish, and wanted to add one final skin to the pack. Well, here goes the story...

Bride of the Lich King

Still wearing the tattered remnants of once-delicate gowns, the horrific Brides are among the Scourge's most feared spellweavers. Raised from fallen noblewomen, they are imbued with the powers of the frozen north and serve the Lich King with icy fanaticism and relentless fury against the living.

Dio and THE_END, i'll put her up on my pastebin thread asap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JainaUD.jpg (484.7 KB, 55 views)
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff

Last edited by AnemicRoyalty : 01-27-2008 at 01:30 PM.
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #20
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

Tasty.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #21
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Submissions (17)

THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)

OMG OMG
Anemic, great skin and nice backstory as well
Sounds like something I would think up :P
Old 01-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #22
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

Now THAT is awesome.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #23
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Not a big fan of the color choices. The blue and green and purple clash really badly. If there were any red in there, I'd probably call her a clown. It's still quality work, I just think you should reconsider a few decisions you made in the process.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:55 AM   #24
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

thanks Dusk, yeah thats been bothering me ever since i started on the purple... i'll try a few other variations, but do you have any suggestions?
Old 01-28-2008, 01:04 AM   #25
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Personally, I'd change the skin color to that of the dark ranger. (You know, really pale and dead looking) The green just isn't fitting. Then I'd probably ditch all of the bright blue in the chest area and pick a contrasting color to that purple, likely a beige or bronze. Yes, bronze. The cape is good as is, I'd think.

The boot tops would have that bronze, her gauntlets and shoulders would be the bronze. I'd also ditch the whole tattered cloth thing, looks really screwy on that model. I'd probably then use a dark leatherish texture over the chest and legs, rounding out the skin with some death knight-ish runes on her forehead and cheeks. Oh, and I think black hair would look nice if you decided to do that.

That's just me, though. If you were aiming for something else, who knows what you'd do. :p
Old 01-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #26
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Submissions (17)

Bronze would look very nice, a good differance from the other skins in the pack
Old 01-28-2008, 03:49 AM   #27
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (23)

one undead jaina skin, Dusk-ified!

i reckon its much better than the previous version, thoughts everyone?

edit, made a new swirly bronze staff handle, looks nice, but it wasn't a big enough update to redo the pic :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JainaUDv2.jpg (102.1 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by AnemicRoyalty : 01-28-2008 at 04:00 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:05 AM   #28
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Submissions (17)

NOW THAT
I like that
Nice Anemic
Old 01-28-2008, 05:44 AM   #29
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Only three things come to mind now...

A) A bronze belt of some sort, something that makes the clothes not look like a one-piece bikini.
B) The eyes weird me out, the yellow just doesn't look good to me. Experiment with a few things, try just black pits without the yellow, like the standard DK uses.
C) The weapon could use some color coordination now too. I never understood a purple staff, maybe bronzify that a bit too at the bottom, but keep the top a giant icicle.

Otherwise, it's improving steadily! Rawr!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:06 AM   #30
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (23)

allrighty then! done some quick updates
- new staff handle, the one i didn't show in the previous version
- tinkered with the eyes, eventually came up with frosty blue with a little glow around the eyelids to make it a bit less jarring. i tried without the irises, but it looked a little bland.
- added some new bronze-y bits to her clothing, the crappy unwrap made it difficult though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JainaUDv3.jpg (107.9 KB, 51 views)