wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #121
Raydude
User

Raydude will become famous soon enough (29)

i happen to notice marines has shields........they could be medic from SC, but when did medic ever carry heavy guns?!
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #122
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
. . .

Submissions (21)

WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)

To protect themselves?

Hmm... I sense some nice already made abilities to edit.
[21-10-16] Ash: WILLTHEALMIGHTY, IT IS NOT SAFE OUT THERE, TAKE THIS!
[21-10-16] Ash gives WILL a kitten.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:56 PM   #123
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via Yahoo to Daminon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raydude
i happen to notice marines has shields........they could be medic from SC, but when did medic ever carry heavy guns?!
They had carbines in the first game.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #124
SeruK
I'm the One

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (8)

SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)

Send a message via MSN to SeruK

What, medics? Medics had a med-arm thing. I suppose you were refering to the marines but still.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:49 PM   #125
ShadowDestroyer
User

ShadowDestroyer is on a distinguished road (15)

Send a message via AIM to ShadowDestroyer

Everyone, please support me in trying to talk Blizzard into include the following feature into SC2.

Currently, there are disadvantages/advantages of protecting your maps in warcraft 3. The biggest issue of not protecting your map is people are able to steal your games. However, people who protect their maps are denying others from learning from them.

SOLUTION:
There are two parts:
- Watermarking: Your account name is listed as the creator of the map, linked to your cd key if nessesary.
- Read Only: Only allow a particular CD key to edit your map. Others can view the map however, they cannot change it. If somebody manages to copy everything onto theirs, the watermark will show that the map is not official.

This would greatly improve the community. Currently, most expert mappers protect their maps, keeping noobs from learning from them. This change would allow more people to learn, while offering the needed protection to the community.

Please help me talk Blizzard into adding the system.

clanmord.net
Try Tropical Tag, Militia Rebellion, Capture the Flag WSG, and Footmen Frenzy XV!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #126
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

support@blizzard.com

There's some help.

Be excellent to each other.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #127
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDestroyer
Everyone, please support me in trying to talk Blizzard into include the following feature into SC2.

Currently, there are disadvantages/advantages of protecting your maps in warcraft 3. The biggest issue of not protecting your map is people are able to steal your games. However, people who protect their maps are denying others from learning from them.

SOLUTION:
There are two parts:
- Watermarking: Your account name is listed as the creator of the map, linked to your cd key if nessesary.
- Read Only: Only allow a particular CD key to edit your map. Others can view the map however, they cannot change it. If somebody manages to copy everything onto theirs, the watermark will show that the map is not official.

This would greatly improve the community. Currently, most expert mappers protect their maps, keeping noobs from learning from them. This change would allow more people to learn, while offering the needed protection to the community.

Please help me talk Blizzard into adding the system.
Readonly will not work.

I don't really care about who is the creator of a map, but about cheats and that crap losers add to maps. Please tell blizz that there is ought to be a way to register the title of the map so other people cannot host a map with such name unless it follows some specific checksum. (unless it is a private game or something like that)

Closing the old topic... and yes, either try support@blizzard.com or the bnet forums, I think that many doing the same request would be more effective than a single guy making it and saying he has got support.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Closed Thread