wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-07-2007, 11:48 PM   #16
wyrmlord
User

Submissions (2)

wyrmlord has a spectacular aura about (77)wyrmlord has a spectacular aura about (77)wyrmlord has a spectacular aura about (77)

If it involves water, don't you think it would fit the theme? By the theme being water, I believe that means that water, in some way, should play a role in the map.

Tired of boring old GUI? Want to learn JASS? Take a look at these tutorials.
wyrmlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:49 AM   #17
Szythe
User

Submissions (3)

Szythe has a spectacular aura about (143)

Spell Making Session 11 WinnerSmiley contest 4th and 5th place.Mapping Contest Third PlaceSpell making session 08

Although I think I already know the answer to this, are we allowed to protect our maps (aka corrupting them) before submitting them? The reason I ask this is because I'm putting a hella lot of work into my submission, and regardless of whether it wins or not, I will continue to culminate it and create new versions to be released on battle.net. So the possibilities are as follows:

A) I am allowed to protect the map

B) I don't protect the map, but ask for a special request from the moderator of this contest that the map not be released to the public

C) I don't protect the map, but ask that I can submit an alternate version which is protected which can be released to the public ( The moderator would have an unprotected version to judge from)

D) I am not allowed to protect the map, and no such agreement can be reached with the moderator, thus I am forced to not enter the map into the contest.

Obviously, option C would be the best for both parties, but I await your response on this matter.

Last edited by Szythe : 02-08-2007 at 04:58 AM.
Szythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:24 AM   #18
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by |)@rk-Revenant
Are we allowed to fuze two similar themes together, such as water and electricity?

Example: Lightning-based spells and heroes so that they damage the main enemy, water elementals.

It would get boring doing water vs water for 20 mins...

If the map isn't based around water, you may very well lose points. It can have other stuff in it, though, such as lightning.

Quote:
If it involves water, don't you think it would fit the theme? By the theme being water, I believe that means that water, in some way, should play a role in the map.

Water plays a role in most melee maps. They aren't water based and don't have a water theme.

Quote:
Although I think I already know the answer to this, are we allowed to protect our maps (aka corrupting them) before submitting them? The reason I ask this is because I'm putting a hella lot of work into my submission, and regardless of whether it wins or not, I will continue to culminate it and create new versions to be released on battle.net. So the possibilities are as follows:

A) I am allowed to protect the map

B) I don't protect the map, but ask for a special request from the moderator of this contest that the map not be released to the public

C) I don't protect the map, but ask that I can submit an alternate version which is protected which can be released to the public ( The moderator would have an unprotected version to judge from)

D) I am not allowed to protect the map, and no such agreement can be reached with the moderator, thus I am forced to not enter the map into the contest.

Obviously, option C would be the best for both parties, but I await your response on this matter.

I don't mind either way. However, if you feel you have triggers which can easily be expanded, etc. (ie: could score points, mainly under potential) then feel free to submit an unprotected version. Triggers won't score many points in themselves though.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women

Last edited by Captain Griffen : 02-08-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:41 AM   #19
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Damn and just when my CD drive or Wc3 CD fucked up

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #20
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Can we get a list of the judges or is that confidential?
Old 02-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #21
blu_da_noob
Nonchalant

Respected User

Submissions (2)

blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place[Quicksilver#1] 1st place

Send a message via MSN to blu_da_noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Can we get a list of the judges or is that confidential?

Dusk is looking to get that bribing in early. I mean, uh >.> <.<

:D

I've actually had a not-totally-crap idea for this which I might take some time to make (even though it wouldn't be up for prizes).
blu_da_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:36 PM   #22
rulerofiron99
User

rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)

So if my map revolves around water guns is that allowed?

Or must it be water themed as in must be in water or with water elementals?
rulerofiron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:53 PM   #23
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

I think the terrain must be and/or use the water as a part of the game.

Oh... my... I'm having an idea about what to do. I hope to have the time to accomplish the task

@Rising: Is necessary to know the judges?? You are sounding suspicious

Last edited by moyack : 02-08-2007 at 01:56 PM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #24
Tiku
User

Submissions (1)

Tiku is on a distinguished road (22)

Are we aloud to take icons from WoW? cuz i think the warcraft 3 icons are bleh, also... so i have gotten quite alot of WoW icons... Am i aloud?? Please please! =]
Ill give crredit to blizzard or WoW or whatever! =P
Imagine... You are playing a map in which you have no idea what to do, with no documentation or tips in the map whatsoever. No, not even the 7 others playing the map can figure out what the hell the point is supposed to be. You wonder what sadistic mind trick the map author is trying to impose on you. Suddenly, the only person who remotely understands the map (the mapmaker himself) sends swarms of high-level stuff at your base and heroes, completely crushing you. This sadistic onslaught on your units and, more importantly, your brain, begins to make you question your sanity and makes you quickly put all of the sharp objects in close proximity to you under lock and key. During this one-sided fight, the mapmaker continues to exclaim, "Dis shit is teh dope man!" You leave the game in defeat, wondering why life was so cruel as to waste 8 minutes of your life in such a mind-rottenly disgusting manner...
Tiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #25
blu_da_noob
Nonchalant

Respected User

Submissions (2)

blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place[Quicksilver#1] 1st place

Send a message via MSN to blu_da_noob

WoW icons are fine as Blizzard released them for use. Any other WoW content is not.
blu_da_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #26
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

The map must be based around water. In what way...that's up to you. That's partly where the origionality comes in.

Water guns? Hmm...if it is based around water.

I'd rather not say who the judges are to stop people pestering/bribing/ass-kissing them.

PS: I'm open to bribary. £1,000 in my secret swiss bank account per point.
Quote:
Old 02-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #27
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
PS: I'm open to bribary. £1,000 in my secret swiss bank account per point.
Oh great lord of the internet and all things warcraft!
Allow me to bestow you with jewels beyond your wildest dreams...
All in exchange for a point boost! Mwaha... *Cough*

On another note, I was just curious. :P
Old 02-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #28
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

we are allowed imports from Blizzard Official Maps right?
Old 02-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #29
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Guess so.
Quote:
Old 02-08-2007, 11:22 PM   #30
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

I dont like the theme that much, I cant honestly see someone thinking of a map idea besides some kind of minigame, that he would actually want to continue past this contest.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote