wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

Default Skinning Contest #7

The theme for Skinning Contest #7 is Were-Animals

You are required to reskin a model into a person who has been transformed in to an animal.

This competition will last 4 weeks with possible extension - concluding 16th October 2006. Winner(s) will be decided by public vote.

RULES:
  • The choice of model is down to the artist, though you must use a humanoid model (that means, no animal models and such, but bipedal animals like Taurens forexample are allowed.), but must be an existing model in Warcraft 3 (ROC and/or TFT). Minor model edits are permitted for particles, and materials. No UVW edits or mesh edits are allowed.
  • You must post at least 1 WIP skin before deadline.
  • To qualify for entry, you must post your .blp, an ingame shot and a posed shot (composition of images as you see fit).
  • You must post your entry before the deadline expires.
  • You must make the texture FOR this competition. You cannot use old skins.
  • Textures must be no larger than 512 pixels in any dimension

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.

Last edited by olofmoleman : 10-20-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:23 PM   #2
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

They're called Therianthropes :)

Be excellent to each other.

Last edited by Whitehorn : 09-25-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:17 PM   #3
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (17)

THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)

Hero Contest #3 - 3rd PlaceSkinning Contest 10 ~ Druid of the talon

Send a message via AIM to THE_END Send a message via MSN to THE_END

K, I'm in! I'll be doing a Priest skinned into a Bat
Old 09-25-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

Graah...damn contest eating up my free time...

...Ill think of an idea : )
Old 09-25-2006, 09:45 PM   #5
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehorn
They're called Therianthropes :)
Even if I knew that, others probably also wouldn't understand it without explanation.

My Wc3c Resources

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Olof always speaks true.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:51 AM   #6
wij
"Wijonardo"

Submissions (7)

wij has a spectacular aura about (80)wij has a spectacular aura about (80)wij has a spectacular aura about (80)

Im in. Skinning warden into a cat FTW.

Also would a minor model edit count as taking the wing things off of wardens back or is that to much?? Also is taking the weapon out and adding a new one acceptable? Just asking to be sure before i go and do anything model wise cause i havent ever been in these contests before so not sure what you guys consider minor.

Last edited by wij : 09-26-2006 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:57 PM   #7
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

No, that's not allowed, modifying particles and materials are allowed.

My Wc3c Resources

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Olof always speaks true.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:51 PM   #8
wij
"Wijonardo"

Submissions (7)

wij has a spectacular aura about (80)wij has a spectacular aura about (80)wij has a spectacular aura about (80)

Ok ive had almost no sleep trying to get something done on this skin cause i dont get much free time. So dont expect an update for awhile as its almost done up to now. But heres the WIP. Face needs to be redone as it came out looking like a monkey rather then a cat and is also FAR to dark. Need to finish/redo the wing things on her back and need to add more detail to the body. Also sorry for the random black blotches in the pictures. My wc3viewer has some WEIRD problems and thats one of them. So if it looks like part of the model is missing ignore its just my viewer. Ill try to upload some ingame pictures for a bit more clarity later. C&C is welcome and appreciated.

Well time for bed.(work mornings 1am) Hopefully i can try and finish this thing by the end of the week and not be pressured to get it in. Yes i have a month but my schedule gets quite hectic from time to time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (33.4 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (36.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 3.JPG (36.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg portrait.jpg (47.9 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by wij : 09-26-2006 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:31 PM   #9
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

I must say, that outfit looks pretty damn cool. I'm not seeing a cat though.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:09 AM   #10
The Demonhunter
User

The Demonhunter has little to show at this moment (6)

great theme
I have a good Idea but I was wondering if anyone knows how to skin the morphed demonhunter and/or illidans wings?
Old 09-27-2006, 12:14 AM   #11
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)

Wij try turning shadows off in the wc3viewer. Render<shadows. Also, do I see a filter on the cape?:P

Oogabooga
Old 09-27-2006, 01:03 AM   #12
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Submissions (17)

THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)THE_END is just really nice (390)

Also I stated before I was making the priest into a bat kinda priest..PSSYYCCHEE, Im makin him into a snake dude. And the cat looks good except get some closer shots so we can see some details
Old 09-27-2006, 01:04 AM   #13
wij
"Wijonardo"

Submissions (7)

I used a 2.5 noise filter on the cape. Good eye. That was pre shading though, i did all the designs and stuff by hand...err brush rather. I only used the filter on the base color when i put it on. No i dont do things in greyscale like most people.

Chriz i know you dont see much of the cat right now i was depending mostly on the face which was why i said it had to be redone and britened up. The upper body is also furry and such but its hard to see cause of the model. You'll see a little better on the unwrap but im gonna try my hardest to make atleast the face visibilly a cat ingame. So much for me going to sleep i was excited to hear your guys comments. :D

EDIT: Thanks for that Tip Camel it helped a little but it still has some disfigurements on the model. Definitlly looks better though. Heres an upclose shot of the face. My theory is to try a different hair style. The hair on the face to me just doesnt seem "Puffy" enough. Im also considering putting lips back on because the mouth idea i had is ruined by the model ingame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cat-face.jpg (63.6 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by wij : 09-27-2006 at 01:10 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:07 AM   #14
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Submissions (17)

Yea usually when you post a WIP you check back every 5 seconds ahah, bad habit. But yea def post some more detailed shots and turn off the shading in the WC3viewer
Old 09-27-2006, 04:08 AM   #15
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Demonhunter
great theme
I have a good Idea but I was wondering if anyone knows how to skin the morphed demonhunter and/or illidans wings?
I donĀ“t think you can do that.
Closed Thread