wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2006, 12:24 AM   #1
Orc Dork
User

Orc Dork is on a distinguished road (20)

Default The Young Man - Part 1- The Tale

The Young Man
Part One:
The Tale

The young man sat on a log sharpening his sword with a rough stone. He sat there gazing into the campfire infront of him, deep in concentration. The flickering sparks and flames reopened old wounds, not wounds of the flesh, but wounds of the heart.

His concentration was broken, he noticed a silence in the camp. This was a rare occasion, but he could feel that the others sitting around the campfire were concerned about his behavior. He sheathed his sword and sat it at his side then spoke:

"Fire, without we could not survive, but fire is the devil's only friend. Long ago, my family, mother, father, two sisters and little brother, was taken from me. My village was under siege by those brutish orcs and set aflame."

The young man stood to his feet and the others could feel the passion in his voice.

"I was too late, they burnt the town to the ground and with it, my family. All i could do was slaughter the ones that were dumb enough to come back to take any undamaged possesions. This was not enough, you see, all that was left of my loved ones were headless charred skeletons, all of wich were encrusted in a position of terror and pain."

Tears began forming in his eyes and he clenched his fists and he went continued.

"All i have left of them is this sword, not the actual blade though." He unsheathed his sword and let the gem embedded near the bottom of the blade reflect the light of the flame. "This gem was the only thing left of their possesions, I was lucky enough to get it before those scavengers got to it. Now I must get their skulls back from those orcs, you see, they keep the skulls of any who fall to them as trophies. I must avenge my loved ones"

Now with tears flowing down the young mans face, he fell do his knees and thrust his sword into the ground. The others did not dare to speak a word, or even more. They all knew the rage that this giften man possesed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____

That is part one, I will be thinking of more ideas and if you guys like it, make atleast 4 other chapters!

FEAR THE UBER HORDE BABY

*JohnFN's Apprentice*

Will work for rep!
BTW: ... --- .-. .-. -.-- ..-. --- .-. --. . - - .. -. --. -.-- --- ..- .--. .-. . --. -. .- -. -

Warning: This Link Contains A Virus

Last edited by Orc Dork : 04-10-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Orc Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:57 AM   #2
Noxer
User

Noxer is on a distinguished road (15)

More depth. I get the feeling it has no plot line other then "They attacked us. we take revenge" Also think more on WHY people say things other then WHAT you want them to say.

Zoom (requires log in)

Noxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:28 AM   #3
Orc Dork
User

Orc Dork is on a distinguished road (20)

Yeah, I was setting a cliched opening for a more humerous and punn-filled sequel...

FEAR THE UBER HORDE BABY

*JohnFN's Apprentice*

Will work for rep!
BTW: ... --- .-. .-. -.-- ..-. --- .-. --. . - - .. -. --. -.-- --- ..- .--. .-. . --. -. .- -. -

Warning: This Link Contains A Virus
Orc Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:44 AM   #4
johnfn
Taur is... MY SISTER!!!

Respected User

Submissions (3)

johnfn has a spectacular aura about (129)

Send a message via AIM to johnfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orc Dork
Yeah, I was setting a cliched opening for a more humerous and punn-filled sequel...

I'm sure you meant to say "fun-filled",

anyways it was really cliche and needs work. The flow is really choppy and so is the dialog. I think you should plan out stories before writing them, cause it helps a lot. I liked the good grammar and it seems like you could do better if you tried harder. Still, keep writing!

Taur: btw dun tell anyone but I bribed the wc3c admins with a life supply of packaged peanuts to host UL ^^

Taur | Unsung Legends says:
guess what blade?
Blade.dk says:
JOHN IS YO BRO!

johnfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:58 AM   #5
Undead_Lives
Shades of Black

Undead_Lives will become famous soon enough (58)Undead_Lives will become famous soon enough (58)

Story was extremely blunt. You gave no background information, and didn't even describe the characters. This should be Part 2.

Thanks to SkriK for making the image.
Give rep to people who help you.
Currently taking writing requests.
Undead_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote