wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 07:49 PM   #16
t.bo
User

t.bo has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
yes, you should be glad, those fucktards were really retarded, the problem is gone though I am happy

not all of us are retarted "fucktards". Pretty hilarious to hear those wise words out of the mouth of an administrator though. O_°

Last edited by t.bo : 03-16-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:50 PM   #17
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

So you are basically saying that those who spammed here weren't from your team but surely a guy that spammed there was from this forum. No one will blame you for being biased

Quote:
not all of us are retarted "fucktards". Petty hilarious to hear those wise words out of the mouth of an administrator though. O_°

Hi, I was not naming your team's guys fucktards but the fucktards that decided to spam here like that. I can't think on any other way to call them.

whoever comes to my forum to spam and post disgusting images is a fucktard
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 03-16-2006, 07:56 PM   #18
t.bo
User

it's a fact that the spamming started over here so that's imo one of the most obvious things to think in this situation.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:58 PM   #19
jigrael
Worker Ant

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (36)

jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceBattle Droids Model Competition Winner

edited, because of Vexorians recent post

Last edited by jigrael : 03-16-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:03 PM   #20
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Sonic64

There are a few people I'm sure who we're willing to do this. But, I too missed it :P
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Old 03-16-2006, 08:11 PM   #21
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.bo
it's a fact that the spamming started over here so that's imo one of the most obvious things to think in this situation.
we will never know I actually can't be sure that their site was spammed anyways. I don't look at much wc3 forums just this one and wc3search
Faster != more useful
Old 03-16-2006, 08:11 PM   #22
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I'm not sure I've seen anyone blame the attack directly on the GTW mod's team anyway. All we are quite sure of is that the spammers are some-sort of friends of TerranUp16, although they aren't making him or his mod any favours.

As for the attack on the GTW forum, I suppose it was inevitable; people tend to get upset when the community they are a part of gets attacked, however, this kind of behaviour was not conducted, encouraged or condoned in any way by the wc3c staff. As said already, nobody claims that the spammers were members of the GTW mod team. Any actions taken against the GTW site were made by misguided individuals and were just a side effect of the attack on wc3c which TerranUp16's "friends" didn't bother to think about.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:25 PM   #23
t.bo
User

k then, peace :p
Old 03-16-2006, 08:28 PM   #24
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Sonic64

Sadly, that probably won't be possible after what's been gonig on. I'd swear that TerranUp actually wants all this controversy though.
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Old 03-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #25
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Quote:
As for the attack on the GTW forum, I suppose it was inevitable; people tend to get upset when the community they are a part of gets attacked, however, this kind of behaviour was not conducted, encouraged or condoned in any way by the wc3c staff. As said already, nobody claims that the spammers were members of the GTW mod team. Any actions taken against the GTW site were made by misguided individuals and were just a side effect of the attack on wc3c which TerranUp16's "friends" didn't bother to think about.

By the way they spammed here they told the world that they accept spam in the forums they administrate.
Faster != more useful
Old 03-16-2006, 08:59 PM   #26
Mavus
User

Mavus has little to show at this moment (0)

who was making spams...? im sorry if i disobeyed your rule thing by posting the great troll war thing but i didnt do anything to spam... :S i cant believe one of the team people would do that...

damn what a bad acorn oh well
Old 03-16-2006, 09:03 PM   #27
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Nono, the problem was not the content of the thread, but the actions of the user(s). You're in the clear. :)

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Old 03-16-2006, 09:05 PM   #28
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

I don't really know the full history but it seems Terran was using double accounts or something, then this Pandora Box started. It had relationshipt with the team somehow and I am sure cause 3 of the spammers got email addresses registered to k2o-gk.com

wanna thank Dominant-Male for pointing out their url.

I have no doubts this is not an official incident between that mod and wc3c although Terran is their leader I know that most of the members aren't like this. (just checked out their team list=)
Faster != more useful
Old 03-16-2006, 09:15 PM   #29
jigrael
Worker Ant

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (36)

jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceBattle Droids Model Competition Winner

whats wrong with that custom title Vex? or did u do it in a sarcastic way?...another attack perhaps?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:19 PM   #30
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Sarcasm, it beats killing people.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Closed Thread