wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-18-2006, 02:41 AM   #1
KingGigli
User

KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)

Send a message via MSN to KingGigli
Exclamation Story Contest! (Moderator sponsored, SUBMIT YOUR WC3 STORIES (even from projects!)

FIRST: I aplogize for the long thread name.

CONTEST CLOSED WINNER RED HORIZON

Ok here we go, I had an idea for a contest and after asking johnfn for the go ahead (he actually gave a large go ahead) here is the contest!

Everyone who has a WC3 story for anything (ANYTHING) they can submit it here, if you have a story from your campaign: submit it, map: submit it, cinematic: submit it. All stories are welcome ALL stories.

WHAT YOU MUST DO TO SUBMIT A STORY:
You MUST post in bold if your submitting a story.
Please give us a paragraph or two describing your story, just a breif description.

WHAT YOU CAN NOT DO:
No "this is lame" or posts that contain nothing of interest to us.
ABSOLUTLEY no "For more info go to (link)", this is to submit your story not advertise. If someone reads your description enough theyll go out and look for your project on their own.

HOW TO WIN:
After the judges read all the stories and come to a final decision we will announce the story that as a whole we all liked the most.

WHAT YOU WIN:
Rep points galore (from mods,admins,people)
A POSSIBLE front page article announcing your greatness.
A medal.

JUDGES: KingGigli, Johnfn, Whitehorn?, Challis

DEADLINE: Febuary 6 2006

So submit thoughs stories! Any questions asked will be answered (unless the question is in red, thatll just mean you didnt read this thread)

Edit by johnfn: 1 day warning.

Last edited by KingGigli : 02-09-2006 at 12:38 PM.
KingGigli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:27 AM   #2
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

if interesting characters feature in the stories, i might just pick a fieuw for the weekly concept art contest.

US ARTISTS NEED TO WORK TOGETHER, YEAH!
Old 01-18-2006, 05:35 AM   #3
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Finally, something any person can do. :)
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #4
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

Erm, no posting in red thank you. Italics or bold are fine, but no colourd block posts.

Be excellent to each other.
Whitehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #5
KingGigli
User

KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)

Changed! Whitehorn check your PM's Im sending you one concerning the contest.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #6
Vig0r
Crabpork

Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)

Send a message via MSN to Vig0r

So... are they no limitations to this contest, at all? No theme? I might join in.
Vig0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #7
KingGigli
User

Only theme is it must be related to Warcraft in some way. Like if you have a project going on then you can submit the story line for that.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:30 PM   #8
FireFlash
User

FireFlash has little to show at this moment (3)

If you have a freelance story (like I might have) that is available nowhere else, do I post the entire story or only some and then you can ask for the rest (since I can't link to some random site where I can post it, or a seperate thread)?

Also, I'm not a fan of doing bold all over, so if just the heading is bold (with a clear indication that it is indeed an entry), that would be fine right?
Old 01-18-2006, 10:00 PM   #9
KingGigli
User

Yes, I said it has to be bold so that way I can automatically see what is a entry and what is not. And give me as much as you think you need to. If you think a paragraph isnt good enough then fine, I only said that so people who are submitting project stories and who dont want to ruin the ending can just give us a summary.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:28 PM   #10
Dominant-Male
Murder!

Off Topic Moderator

Dominant-Male will become famous soon enough (46)Dominant-Male will become famous soon enough (46)

Send a message via MSN to Dominant-Male

What's the deadline?
Dominant-Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:30 PM   #11
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

Related to the Warcraft world, or a Warcraft project?

Ie, can I submit an Enigma story?

Be excellent to each other.
Whitehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:32 PM   #12
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

Idea

I'm bored, so....

here is a short story

The Little Troll
Once upon a time there was a cute little Troll kid called Va'Voo. He lived in a big forest where lots of bunnies, deers and squirels roamed, He liked bunnies, they were his favorite dish.
One day he was walking through the forest in search of cute little tasty bunnies, then suddenly he spotted one, it was nice and fat, and cute too, just the way he liked them. He crept near, and dashed towards he bunny. But the bunny had seen him and sprinted off. Va'Voo chased and chased, after a few miles the bunny was cornered. Va'Voo grabbed the bunny by it's ears and looked at it. The bunny looked back, it looked back with it's cute big round eyes, and Va'Voo noticed how cute and fluffy the bunny was, then the smiled at the cute little fluffy bunny, and wacked it against a tree, then he ate the bunny wich untill recently was really cute. Suddenly there stood an ogre right in front of him, he didn't look very friendly. He had a grumpy look on his face and a spiky club in his hand. The ogre said: "You, intruder, this forest belong to me and my friends, I must smash!! wait! What if Biv says no smash? Me take you to Biv and me ask him." The ogre picked up the little troll and headed back to the encampment he came from. when the orge arived with Va'Voo he was dropped on to the ground, there were two other ogres, Va'Voo figured one of them was Biv. One ogre asked: "what this? breakfast?" The ogre that kidnapped Va'Voo answered: "No, he intruder, me want to smash, but Biv may want intruder alive." Then the biggest ogre asked Va'Voo: "who you?" and Va'Voo replied: "I'm Va'Voo the little forest troll" "Biv say smash!" said the biggest ogre. The other two ogres raised their weapons, but Va'Voo was too fast for them, he had allready gotten behind one of them. Biv made a swing with his club, he missed Va'Voo and hit one of the other ogre's in his head, killing him instantly. Va'Voo had climbed on his kidnapper and tried to twist his neck, but he was way too big for Va'Voo. The kidnapper noticed Va'Voo was standing on his head and tried to kill him, and again Va'Voo was too agile and fast for the clumsy ogres, before he knew what was going on he had hit himself in the head with deadly accuracy. Now only Biv was left of the three ogres. Va'Voo grabbed on of the now available clubs and swinged it against Biv's legs, Biv fell on his belly almost squishing Va'Voo. Now Biv was on the ground Va'Voo took the opportuinty to hit Biv in the head as hard as he could, imbedding the club in his skull. Va'Voo looked at the three dead ogres, they were no match for the tiny troll. Va'Voo whent home and lived happily ever after.
THE END

there... what do you think?

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
olofmoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:43 PM   #13
Deathlust
User

Deathlust has little to show at this moment (1)

Send a message via AIM to Deathlust

Umm, I think that can count for your description, but where's the story? Much <3... Ha.
Deathlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:45 PM   #14
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

That IS the story

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
olofmoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #15
johnfn
Taur is... MY SISTER!!!

Respected User

Submissions (3)

johnfn has a spectacular aura about (129)

Send a message via AIM to johnfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehorn
Related to the Warcraft world, or a Warcraft project?

Ie, can I submit an Enigma story?
Yes.

Taur: btw dun tell anyone but I bribed the wc3c admins with a life supply of packaged peanuts to host UL ^^

Taur | Unsung Legends says:
guess what blade?
Blade.dk says:
JOHN IS YO BRO!

johnfn is offline   Reply With Quote