wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing > Warcraft lore
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #1
KingGigli
User

KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)

Send a message via MSN to KingGigli
Exclamation History of the dwarves?

Another race info thread about dwarves.

Ok to sum up what I know, Dwarves were once rock skinned humanoids who existed in the time of elves. many beleive they were crafted by the titans. BUT after the first coming of the burning legion they hid underground, after they awoke they were pink skinned...and then theres the war of the three hammers and etc and etc.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #2
JnM
Cinies ftw <3!

Submissions (1)

JnM will become famous soon enough (66)JnM will become famous soon enough (66)JnM will become famous soon enough (66)

Send a message via AIM to JnM Send a message via MSN to JnM

Ok, so whats your question here?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
KingGigli
User

KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)

Send a message via MSN to KingGigli

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnM
Ok, so whats your question here?

UGH! refer to my post on night elves for whats going on.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:03 PM   #4
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

Why regurgitate information that's readily available?

Be excellent to each other.
Whitehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
Vig0r
Crabpork

Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)

Send a message via MSN to Vig0r

Dwarfes where created to serve the titans. They where made out of stone.

Here, i summarized it for ya.
Vig0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:23 PM   #6
Raiju
User

Raiju has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Raiju

the titans created the "stonnies", and the dwarves descend from them. Khaz Modan its an homenage to the titan that created them
Raiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #7
JnM
Cinies ftw <3!

Submissions (1)

JnM will become famous soon enough (66)JnM will become famous soon enough (66)JnM will become famous soon enough (66)

Well, I can give you information here an there about the dwarves history, but especially on The War of the Three Hammers
Old 01-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #8
Shadowy Crafter
User

Submissions (10)

Shadowy Crafter will become famous soon enough (43)Shadowy Crafter will become famous soon enough (43)

The most important of the dwarven history is the called War of the Three Hammers(which, apparently, JnM seems to be working on ).

3 dwarven clans (Bronzebeard clan led by Madoran, Wildhammer Clan by Khardros and Dark Iron Clan by Thaurissan) resided in the then shared city of Ironforge. After the death of the king dwarf Modimus Anvilmar, all 3 factions started a civil war for supremacy. The Bronzebeards won the civil war and claimed Ironforge for their own while the Wildhammers fled to Dun Algaz to build the city of Grim Batol and the Dark Iron travelled to the Redrige Mountains and built Thaurissan (named after the leader).

Years later, the Dark Iron Clan attacked Grim Batol and Ironforge. Thaurissan fought in Ironforge and his wife, Modgud, in Grim Batol. Both armies were defeated and Modgud was killed even after using her dark magical powers.

Desperated, Thaurissan tried to summon demons to assist him in an incoming attack by the Bronzebeard. But instead he freed Ragnaros and his fire elementals in such a powerful volcanic blast that not only killed Thessauran but also created the Blackrock Spire. Ragnaros then enslaved the few Dark Iron dwarves that were left.

After that, the Bronzebeards quickly returned to their home in Ironforge while Wildhammers fled to Aerial Peak were they met the gryphons since Modgud's dark magic turned Grim Batol unhabitable.

SOURCE: http://www.wowwiki.com/Dwarven_Civil_War.

sry 4 a long post. i did my best at shorting

Last edited by Shadowy Crafter : 01-05-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Shadowy Crafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #9
JnM
Cinies ftw <3!

Submissions (1)

Thats right ;), the only thing is that Ironforge was not shared by the Three Clans, it was more or less the bronzebeard faction (Or Neutral), right when the war started, the Bronzebeard took Ironforge, then the King's Guard joined them (which gave a big + to the Bronzebeards), The Bronzebeard had in the center (Ironforge), The Wildhammers North and the Dark Irons South, all clans eventually got sucked in an underground warfare of old forgotten caves and minds, and yes, after a while Madoran did bring victory to the Bronzebeard, check out my cini War of the Three Hammers Part I for more details :D (Or my Thread the Cinematic Section)
Old 01-08-2006, 02:50 AM   #10
Raiju
User

Raiju has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Raiju

bah this is in the Warcraft Story Book Online