wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 08:25 AM   #1
linkmaster23
User

Submissions (3)

linkmaster23 will become famous soon enough (30)linkmaster23 will become famous soon enough (30)

Blizzard has done it again! They have realeased a new BETA patch for all to test on the Westfall Server. There's lots of upgrades to Human, some Anti-Orc tech, and many other things. There are also TWO, yes TWO new heroes. The Firelord, and Alchemist.

The Firelord is imbalanced. Beware. :) Alchemist can instant kill units with his ultimate, and then turn them into gold. A Night Elf BEAR is worth 204 gold! It's insane! Looks cool too.

In order to download the patch, you must connect to Battle.net. Then select your servers, and select the Westfall BETA Realm. Download it, and make sure than you re-select Westfall BETA after you restart Warcraft III after the Download.

I'll post some screenies of the new heroes later. Have fun guys!

Link to Patch Changes : http://www.battle.net/forums/war3/th...&p=1#post57610

Defend is now reworked. It can REFLECT Piercing attacks, is that not awesome? GG burrows and towers.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-14-2004, 08:38 AM   #2
Dre
Troll anatomy expert

Respected User

Dre will become famous soon enough (43)Dre will become famous soon enough (43)

Holy #&@%!

Gotta test this out! Three cheers for Blizzard!

My old stuff at DeviantArt: http://arabaey.deviantart.com
Old 08-14-2004, 08:49 AM   #3
Coffein
User

Coffein has little to show at this moment (0)

Woa, Blizzard really knows how to keep a game alive! Gonna test this out
Old 08-14-2004, 09:00 AM   #4
Roxter
User

Roxter has little to show at this moment (0)

Very nice :) Thank's for the news !
Old 08-14-2004, 09:28 AM   #5
linkmaster23
User

Submissions (3)

linkmaster23 will become famous soon enough (30)linkmaster23 will become famous soon enough (30)

Glad to be of service. I'll have screenies soon. :)
Old 08-14-2004, 12:59 PM   #6
Count_Carigon
User

Count_Carigon is on a distinguished road (10)

i know! the firelord with his little lava creatures is way off, but he is fun nonetheless. I used the alchemist, and converting a mountain giant to gold gives you 340!!!!!11!!! gold!, plus hes dead, so no longer a threat to you :D
Old 08-14-2004, 01:20 PM   #7
Gooi
User

Gooi has little to show at this moment (0)

Now they have made the "Firelord", and there's still 3 slots available in the tavern. I think those slots will be used for "Windlord, Earthlord and Waterlord". Based on this:

"Long ago, when the world was in a state of constant turmoil, the Elementals (Earth, Wind, Fire and Water) faithfully served their Old-God masters. When the Old Gods were defeated by the coming of the Titans, the Elementals were banished to an alternate plane of existence. Over time the world became Azeroth, where Human wizards learned how to call back the Elementals through the art of summoning. The Firelord is one of these liberated Elementals. Consumed by hatred for all organic life, he roams the world he once called home, sewing chaos, wreaking vengeance, and inflicting pain with extreme prejudice. "

Well, it could be.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:25 PM   #8
[Death]
The only one

Respected User

[Death] is a jewel in the rough (197)[Death] is a jewel in the rough (197)[Death] is a jewel in the rough (197)

Send a message via MSN to [Death]

Maybe. Anyway, I took the screenies. I'm bored, at the moment.

The black cube in front of the Firelord is rocks, floating around him. It's not actually a cube, just the angle of the shot.

Added an in-game shot, with the now in-game Easter Hunt critters. The frog is there too.

Last edited by [Death] : 08-14-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:56 PM   #9
Jester-of-Death
User

Jester-of-Death is on a distinguished road (10)

2 units, yay :/
Old 08-14-2004, 03:04 PM   #10
Dre
Troll anatomy expert

Respected User

Dre will become famous soon enough (43)Dre will become famous soon enough (43)

Be happy, it's a patch and not much companies would add units to patches or even release as much patches as Blizzard did. We're being spoiled actually.

My old stuff at DeviantArt: http://arabaey.deviantart.com
Old 08-14-2004, 03:10 PM   #11
Aznwhore
User

Submissions (1)

Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)

wow... the firelord has cheap particles and cheap moves
alchemist has too cheap of an ultimate

thank god its beta
Old 08-14-2004, 03:33 PM   #12
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre
Be happy, it's a patch and not much companies would add units to patches or even release as much patches as Blizzard did. We're being spoiled actually.
That's right... it certainly doesn't happen often. Usually they offer an expansion for new units. Well, excluding Blizzard then :P People who wouldn't have internet but DO got Warcraft would be pretty annoyed by now :P

Anyway, I'll wait until it finishes all stages and the Patch is fully released.

*runs back to his corner trying to hide Gooi's avatar and signature* (You guessed it, I'm afraid of his avatar and signature. I'm afraid of clowns)

-Fladian
Old 08-14-2004, 05:01 PM   #13
ElfOfTerror
User

ElfOfTerror is on a distinguished road (10)

Yeah be happy about Blizzard Ads SOMETHING to the game.
I have betated Whit two my friend (4 times 3 vs 3 and many times had no count ffa)
And ofcourse it would be nice if blizzard ads like new units/heros/upgrades to races ,But atleast we get kick @ss Firelord And the goblin ''slavedriver'' Alchemist

elfo goes to play bnet now
Old 08-14-2004, 05:17 PM   #14
Electromancer
User

Respected User

Electromancer is on a distinguished road (10)

The new heroes are awesome, but the fact is that it needs some major re-balancing already. Flame Lord needs some caps, alchemist needs some changes to his skills both buffs and debuffs, and defend needs to deflect a lot less often. 40% chance to reflect a peircing attack is like giving them a chance to dodge damage and then hit the enemy.

Btw, the new heroes are really simple to see. Open up your WE and look at em. I ran a test of the abilities in game, and let me just say its almost nuts what they can do in some cases. 3+6+9+12 and so on for incinerate, and the lava blobs (as I call em) show up constantly in a fight if you don't get rid of them quick.

Long story short, this is the biggest current abuse. It's a constant abuse too, since everyone knows how rigged it is. Lets pray blizzard doesn't go all NE on this hero and buff him cuz someone wasn't able to kill an enemy hero in one hit.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:29 PM   #15
CurruptedDemon
User

CurruptedDemon is on a distinguished road (20)

ponly for beta serv................ but the firelord is the bomb
Closed Thread