wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 02:34 AM   #16
Egg
User

Respected User

Egg will become famous soon enough (28)

I made the thread all tuts. Here is 2 quick ones i did. Enjoy!!!
Zoom (requires log in)
Zoom (requires log in)

Last edited by Egg : 05-28-2004 at 03:10 AM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-14-2004, 11:39 AM   #17
ColdRocker
User

ColdRocker has little to show at this moment (0)

Heres my first one. Hope you enjoy!
Old 05-14-2004, 03:40 PM   #18
Gitlich
Prophet 15

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)

Send a message via MSN to Gitlich

What prgram do you all use? i use photosphop 7 (i think), and i cant find things like the burn tool. i found dodge, and from what i can work out it makes things brighter, and from what ive seen im assunming burn makes things darker.and i dont know how to chnage the exposure of burn and dodge .but apart from that im lost. also, how do you put those textures over the top?, then put them into the background? its getting really tireing useing nothing but lasso, brush and blur. :(
Old 05-14-2004, 10:28 PM   #19
ColdRocker
User

Firstly I use Photoshop. Now where the dodge tool is double click it or right click or hold down or sumthin and you should see a little menu of other tools. That is where burn is and up the top there is an exposure percentage in a drop down box.. Now for textures when you copy a piece in it should appear in the layers menu as a new layer then all you have 2 do is change the little box in the layers menu where it says normal to whatever color scheme you want. (My tut it requires color burn) When you want all the layers to compact to background you can either Ctrl E (Merge Down) Or Merge Visible (bottom of layers in the toolbar at top) Hope this Helps!
Old 05-14-2004, 10:59 PM   #20
MantisScreamer
User

MantisScreamer is on a distinguished road (16)

Jambo that doesn't look that realistic for war3, do you think you could show us a ss in game to show us it's use?
Old 05-15-2004, 03:17 AM   #21
ColdRocker
User

Actually that is just a design for show that i use on many tutorials. Its just an example of what the design becomes and then u use the tut it to put on any texture.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:21 AM   #22
ColdRocker
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJambo
Actually that is just a design for show that i use on many tutorials. Its just an example of what the design becomes and then u use the tut it to put on any texture.
This is another tutorial with the same design. Its just for show but you can apply the technique to anything.

Old 05-18-2004, 08:25 AM   #23
FinalTyrant
Intense™

Submissions (2)

FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)

Heres a quick tut on how to make a boringish texture look pretty damn good... ill do more of these so dont steal my idea... although it aint really belonging to me...
Zoom (requires log in)

Last edited by Egg : 05-18-2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:18 PM   #24
Egg
User

Respected User

Nice of you to jion us final good work.
Lord Jambo im deleting your first tut because there really is no technique there. You used a rust texture to try to make it look like rust and it dosen't. I will delete it later. The other is ok even tho it looks like stylelized leather.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:38 PM   #25
toxicseaweed3
User

toxicseaweed3 has little to show at this moment (0)

plz don't delete it egg though it doesn't look like rust its still a helpful technique for newbies like ME who are trying to pickup techniques.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:53 PM   #26
Egg
User

Respected User

Its not a technique though and will be deleted. Ud get a beyyer rust effect if u just use the texture.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:55 PM   #27
STURMguy22
User

STURMguy22 is on a distinguished road (20)

Why would you delete a tutorial? You would delete something meant to help people just because your personal opinion is that the outcome doesnt look like the intended pattern? It helps someone in some way, even if it doesnt look like rust, its a pretty cool way of making fire designs. Its kind of funny how you go and be a nazi about that tutorial, yet the tutorial on how to add a plastic wrap modifier is ok? I find your judement on what is a "technique" very odd.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:58 PM   #28
MantisScreamer
User

MantisScreamer is on a distinguished road (16)

Hey, I found a really good site for photoshop effects.
Link: http://www.tech.as.ro/frozen.htm

Last edited by MantisScreamer : 05-21-2004 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:12 PM   #29
Egg
User

Respected User

nice. Illl organize this 2maro. Thats the one thing wc3c needs is organization and its gotten better , but I wan't to speed things up in the skinning section.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:40 PM   #30
Self Aware
User

Self Aware has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STURMguy22
Why would you delete a tutorial? You would delete something meant to help people just because your personal opinion is that the outcome doesnt look like the intended pattern? It helps someone in some way, even if it doesnt look like rust, its a pretty cool way of making fire designs. Its kind of funny how you go and be a nazi about that tutorial, yet the tutorial on how to add a plastic wrap modifier is ok? I find your judement on what is a "technique" very odd.

The rust tutorial is bad, I would rather use the rusted texture in his tut from 3Dcafe then use his tut, I dont see whats up with you dissin the Plastic Wrap tut when its just a quick and simple way to modify and improve the look of some textures, you have no idea of what your talkin about whats wrong with the Plastic Wrap tut anyways?
Closed Thread