wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 03:53 PM   #31
Crystalking52
User

Crystalking52 has little to show at this moment (0)

I wish you good luck on fixing up the models sheyd, i have been waiting a long time for this.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:21 AM   #32
Sheyd
User

Sheyd has little to show at this moment (0)

ok, they're done.
I've uploaded them to the DL page, in the Models section. they're all together in a Pack, and it's just under 2 MB.
They aren't showing up there yet because it has to be approved by an Admin.
EDIT: they are up now, go nuts.

Now, what about my Satyr models?! Is ANYBODY skinning them or what? I'm starting to think I shouldn't even bother animating them now....
I have a couple Pit Lords that aren't animated either, and only one of them (of 3) is skinned. If I put them up to be skinned would anybody be interested? or should I just give up since nobody seems to be working on the Satyrs anyway? (even tho each one had been downloaded like 20 times)

C'MON PEOPLE! I NEED FEEDBACK!

Sheyd

Last edited by Sheyd : 03-15-2004 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:26 AM   #33
Ravan
User

Ravan is on a distinguished road (10)

Ill skin the pitlords and satyr's i just need some time my ROC cd is broke + i removed everything on my comp a week ago
Old 03-16-2004, 07:48 AM   #34
Sheyd
User

ok, well, I'll put up the first of the Pitlords then.
But PLZ tell me if you're planning on doing a skin for it! so I know.

This first Pitlord is Avelgoth. Not animated yet but will be (as long as people want it to be, do you?)
Funny thing, tho, I've already skinned this one. You may have seen it in the skin gallery, the white one with purple runes painted on him. Some people loved it while others thought making him white was the dumbest thing ever.
So, here's your chance to change it! before you ask, yes, there will be particle emmitters around the floating obelisks... and because of that, the only thing I ask when re-skinning him is that you keep with the theme of him being a caster. Avelgoth is a Pit Lord Battle-Mage. If you want to make a Melee Pit Lord, just be patient, there are more coming, they just need to be properly UV Mapped.

So here ya go, zip file and screenshots. If you're going to re-skin him, again, plz don't just dl it, post a reply saying that you plan to do it. I need to know that this thread is still going, and people are still interested.

Sheyd
Old 03-16-2004, 10:16 PM   #35
Egg
User

Respected User

Egg will become famous soon enough (28)

thats sexy. Soon as i get some time ill work on 1. I only have time 2 skin on weekends now.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:17 AM   #36
Undaunt
User

Undaunt has little to show at this moment (0)

I love that Pitlord model :o You must animate it ! And soon. It's be such a waste to leave it hanging :(
Old 03-17-2004, 08:33 AM   #37
Sheyd
User

well, yeah, that one will definitely be animated kuz it's already skinned. (even tho some ppl hate the skin)
but I've suspended animating anything else untill I know the models are getting skinned, and skinned well.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:50 AM   #38
Undaunt
User

What's wrong with the skin ? I think it suits him well. If you want I could take a crack and skin him.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:36 AM   #39
Undaunt
User

Well here's my attempt at a skin for your pitlord.

http://www.angelfire.com/clone/cold_...4/Avelgoth.tga

I'd give you a preview image of what it looked like but for some reason the model isn't working properly.

I rename the skin to units/pit/aza-whatever and then i change the hero pitlord to aza.mdx but i don't get to see the unit, weird.

Last edited by Undaunt : 03-18-2004 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:36 PM   #40
Kamahl
User

Kamahl has little to show at this moment (0)

I've been working on skinning that first model in my spare time. Haven't gotten too far, though.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:56 PM   #41
Dr.R
User

Dr.R has little to show at this moment (0)

the void pack broken dream doesnt work
Old 03-17-2004, 09:44 PM   #42
Sheyd
User

Undaunt: I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but some people thought white was a bad choice of color.
That .blp you put up looks the same as the original... I can't see anything different.

Mr.RateMan: doesn't work how? Please PM me with some details.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:42 AM   #43
Undaunt
User

Ooops my bad. I accidentally uploaded your blp instead of my targa, the links fixed.

http://www.angelfire.com/clone/cold_...4/Avelgoth.tga
Old 03-21-2004, 02:24 AM   #44
Mock
User

Respected User

Mock is on a distinguished road (20)

I started to skin the Tormentor but got pissed off with the model's face. I may pick it up later. That pitlord model looks awesome I dont know what I would skin on it though. I dunno I'll see.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:50 AM   #45
Sheyd
User

here's a hint Mock1- the model for that face is actually the dreadlord. I took his head kuz I liked the shape of it. (and I suck at modelling faces)
So it might help you out to know that.
If you're not sure about that Pit Lord then don't bother with it. I'll be putting up another one shortly, and I think it has alot of potential.

Sheyd

Last edited by Sheyd : 03-22-2004 at 06:12 AM.
Closed Thread