wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 06:51 AM   #16
Draco
Need a Stockmarket App?

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Draco will become famous soon enough (68)Draco will become famous soon enough (68)Draco will become famous soon enough (68)

That's almost a year.... No way it would be that long.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-22-2003, 07:02 AM   #17
LrdSlothPaladin
User

LrdSlothPaladin has little to show at this moment (0)

thats what I thought... maybe this will take of and there will be another one...
Old 08-22-2003, 07:34 AM   #18
VooDooO
User

VooDooO has little to show at this moment (0)

Damn! What the hell are you all talking about?! emote_sweat Ofcaurse, everybody saw the magical "1000$!" and lost their minds, and I understand it! But just forget for a second about the money and think a bit.
Everyone here was making campaigns just for fun. But turning fun into money-hunting... Y'know, smells like ****. :bgrun: Did you think about in what can wc3c transform with this contest?! And it will not be that fun as it used to be! :(

Anyway, I would give those money if I could. I just don't have a credit card or web money or anything like that. :bgrun: How can I give it to you then? Send by mail?! :////
Old 08-22-2003, 09:01 AM   #19
Killer927
User

Killer927 has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally posted by VooDooO
Damn! What the hell are you all talking about?! emote_sweat Ofcaurse, everybody saw the magical "1000$!" and lost their minds, and I understand it! But just forget for a second about the money and think a bit.
Everyone here was making campaigns just for fun. But turning fun into money-hunting... Y'know, smells like ****. :bgrun: Did you think about in what can wc3c transform with this contest?! And it will not be that fun as it used to be! :(

Anyway, I would give those money if I could. I just don't have a credit card or web money or anything like that. :bgrun: How can I give it to you then? Send by mail?! :////

Something like this will show us what people can do if they thing "professionally".
Old 08-22-2003, 09:20 AM   #20
ceb5503
User

ceb5503 has little to show at this moment (0)

I think it will still be fun. I mean, you play video games because their fun, but then if someone held a contest for the game, and you played, it still would be fun, just an added bonus. It's not like there are going to be people who will stop making maps just because there isn't any prize or money to be made off of it. Although I'm sure there will be some who will attempt to make a map just because of the prize money, most likely they will suck so it wont matter.
Myself, however, I will probably participate, except I am mostly good with triggers and map ideas. I have very little skill in the other areas, however, I don't have the time to get a team together, so...anyways, the contest will probably focus on just teams that can do a whole lot of good stuff in a short time. Anyways, we'll find out when the rules are posted I suppose.
Oh, also, I think you'll need a better way to get money then paypal. I refuse to use paypal after what I've read about them. And I'm sure a few others not only don't want to use them, but also don't have the ability to use them.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:56 AM   #21
Wolverine

Quote:
Originally posted by StonedStoopid
donate $5 dollars

how does that aerosmith song go again, oh yes i remember, dream on, dream on.....
we are all stingey and dont like sharing, im sure we will all download the given campaigns,give our comments.... and keep our cash.

Old 08-22-2003, 11:44 AM   #22
Tirias
User

Tirias has little to show at this moment (0)

This is cool, I might be able to donate some money. If i take part as a team member - even though im 14 :P

Tirias
Old 08-22-2003, 12:01 PM   #23
Darky28
User

Respected User

Darky28 has little to show at this moment (4)

let me guess:
Rule 1: Darky27 is not allowed on the contest ;-)
Old 08-22-2003, 12:09 PM   #24
Arthas
User

Arthas has little to show at this moment (0)

Lol, Darky, that was a good rule :P I think we should have it :D Anyways, will this be mapping AND triggering or just map art? Or will you accept with both? (I need the rules)

*Rule 1 Darky27 is not allowed on the contest <<< That would however be unfair on Darky :P.. Or fair to us unfair to him ^^
Old 08-22-2003, 04:16 PM   #25
Sware
User

Sware has little to show at this moment (0)

We should get like a speical Sig, or avatar if we donate liek 'Donater' and something REALLY cool :0
Old 08-22-2003, 05:49 PM   #26
l]arkOne
User

Submissions (1)

l]arkOne will become famous soon enough (33)l]arkOne will become famous soon enough (33)

Approved Map: Hero RPG

I think the rule number 1 will be: No mod map.

Sigh im progressing lot in trigger/object editing/art but since my terrainer is gone untill this weekend I didnt progress on terrain/story/weather and special effect.

I just saw the screenshot summited by dakan on the main page and it too good:( Sure HeroRPG will look better/same quality later.8)
Old 08-22-2003, 07:19 PM   #27
Piata
User

Piata is on a distinguished road (10)

Quote:
Originally posted by l]arkOne
I think the rule number 1 will be: No mod map.

Thats the stupidest rule I've ever seen. For a $1000 competition, you had better be able to mod wc3, otherwise what's the point? You would only be using 1/100th of the WE's abilities.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:41 PM   #28
StonedStoopid
User

Respected User

StonedStoopid has little to show at this moment (4)

I will be posting a detailed rules list today or tomorrow. I also think a prize like this will spur some really nice development. We arn't sure how much time we should allow, but it will be somewhere around 4 months. Rule no.1 will be that everything has to be new, no old skins, no old maps, EVERYTHING has to be new. So darky can participate if he isnt a judge, (maybe you should all join his team :P) Also, to the one doubter, we have had donation drives at wc3c before, we were a much smaller site, yet we still had enough gracious people who donated around 200 to pay our server fees. I myself plan to donate around 100.

Since the community is paying for these mods so to say, everysingle submission will have to be unprotected and will be released uprotected on this site, along with the winners.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:40 PM   #29
l]arkOne
User

Submissions (1)

l]arkOne will become famous soon enough (33)l]arkOne will become famous soon enough (33)

Approved Map: Hero RPG

humm 4 month during school time. Wont be easy. Since it a 1 player map it doesnt really need protection. I hardly see someone changing the credit when the project got a forum and a website. I'll think about it.

Im 16 and wont be able too.

Question: How does your domain cost you stoned? Does paypal is enough or you need to put money yourself each month/year?
Old 08-22-2003, 08:53 PM   #30
ceb5503
User

ceb5503 has little to show at this moment (0)

Everything new? heh...well, then I probably wont be able to participate and thus, wont donate. But good luck to all who do join in!
Closed Thread