wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 02:42 AM   #1
StonedStoopid
User

Respected User

StonedStoopid has little to show at this moment (4)

We have decided it's time to hold a community mapping contest here at Wc3Campaigns. I hope you have all become well acquainted with TFT, because this contest will be awarding $1000 USD to the winning team. As you are all aware Wc3c is advertising free, all our web hosting costs are paid out of pocket by our webmaster, StonedStoopid. Because of this will need our community, which means you, to donate to the contest prize fund. Skull, the former owner of Wc3c has ever so generously started the prize fund by donating $250 USD. We realize most of you can not afford anywhere near such a generous contribution, but we believe we can reach our goal one member at a time, if 150 people donate $5 dollars we can make up the $750 we need for the first place prize. Any remaining prize fund money will be distributed to the 2nd and 3rd place winners. All prize fund donations will be accepted through PayPal, the winning teams members will be receiving an equal share of the prize money per member via PayPal. Stay tuned for more contest details and submissions entry rules in the days to come. In the mean time I encourage all who can to donate a minimum of $5 dollars to the fund.

Donate! <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick"><input type="hidden" name="business" value="skullpaypal@yahoo.dk"><input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Wc3Campaigns Modding Contest">
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD"><input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0"> <input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/images/x-click-but04.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!"></form>
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-22-2003, 03:18 AM   #2
PhAtTiM89
User

PhAtTiM89 has little to show at this moment (0)

YAY! Sweet Mother****er!
Old 08-22-2003, 03:55 AM   #3
Dinadan87
User

Dinadan87 is on a distinguished road (10)

So is this a contest for the best CAMPAIGN or will a single map do? (If it's good enough of course).

This is really exciting, a reward like that is sure to entice people to create some really great things :D
Old 08-22-2003, 04:36 AM   #4
Skull
User

Respected User

Skull has little to show at this moment (0)

Rules will be posted tomorow in details. For now we just need you guys to send some money so we can offer huge prizes :D
Old 08-22-2003, 04:40 AM   #5
XVoltaireX
User

XVoltaireX has little to show at this moment (0)

Skulls gone :( Well we will miss you man/or woman. I dont know which :). Nice prize, when will this contest end? What type of campaigns do you want?

P.S. I would love to donate, but I barely have enough money to pay for this internet. As soon as I get paid I will try to get some $ in for you guys.

Sry I must have been writting this while Skull posted this.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:45 AM   #6
Mech-Sheep
User

Mech-Sheep is on a distinguished road (20)

I'm too young to donate......

And I'm probably going to get 666th place, just like Skull's Warning Level (wink wink) :D
Old 08-22-2003, 04:49 AM   #7
Venim_Iceblade
User

Venim_Iceblade has little to show at this moment (0)

w00t unbanned. anyways. this is cool i would donate but i'm so broke and i still gotta pay off xbox live + i suck so bad at terraining its not even funny. but you better make a rule that AfterShock and Warbringer87 can't team up hehe
Old 08-22-2003, 04:50 AM   #8
kharma
User

Respected User

kharma will become famous soon enough (26)

I'll be getting a deposit return in a week; $100 AUSD - so that'll be roughly $50-$60 US, depending on the exchange rate. Trust me guys, $5 - half a week's pocket money is plenty if everyone helps.

~kharma
Old 08-22-2003, 04:57 AM   #9
DoCa-Cola(OLD)
User

DoCa-Cola(OLD) has little to show at this moment (0)

If any team need's help in a particular subject, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I am best at cinematic making. So if ya need a cinematics guy, lemme know

On another note... That's a lot of dough
Old 08-22-2003, 05:10 AM   #10
Iron_Ian
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Iron_Ian will become famous soon enough (51)Iron_Ian will become famous soon enough (51)

Oooohhh $1000... now I wish I had hosting at Wc3c...
I guess a single cinematic project wouldn't really count though. Or would it...? :ggani:

If so... then W00t!
Kinda depends on the length of the contest though for me too. If we have like 6+ months or so then ehehe I will gladly participate, cause TTOA will take at least that long.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:14 AM   #11
Nemesis9x
User

Nemesis9x has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mech-Sheep
I'm too young to donate......

LOL same, being young sux
Old 08-22-2003, 05:51 AM   #12
ceb5503
User

ceb5503 has little to show at this moment (0)

I'll consider, once I hear the rules of the contest. But isn't paypal a bad idea? Isn't there some big issue going on about them atm?
Old 08-22-2003, 05:58 AM   #13
Draco
Need a Stockmarket App?

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Draco will become famous soon enough (68)Draco will become famous soon enough (68)Draco will become famous soon enough (68)

I'd like to contribute 50 (If USD means dollars?). I'd like to, but I don't have Paypal. I hate how that's your only option every time. Can't I send you a money order Stoned er sumthing? emote_confused
Old 08-22-2003, 06:16 AM   #14
DoCa-Cola(OLD)
User

DoCa-Cola(OLD) has little to show at this moment (0)

USD - US Dollars
Old 08-22-2003, 06:40 AM   #15
LrdSlothPaladin
User

LrdSlothPaladin has little to show at this moment (0)

Me and a freind have been tossing around ideas for a cool map (map = 1 *.w3x), but the earlyest it may get done is summer of 2004, when is the deadline
Closed Thread