wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Artist's Discussion and Queries
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Default [Request] Quick Edits

I'm working on a map and I like having the small things that add to the sense of racial-themes to my map.

My MPQ editor spits out things strangely for some reason, so I apologize for being unable to upload base models, I will provide paths.

Completed!

Abilities\Spells\Orc\FeralSpirit\feralspirittarget.mdx
I'd like that redone so the reddish parts are redone in a goldish, yellowy sort of colour. This effect is being used to summon units.

Unnecessary, you can make it if you want.

Abilities\Spells\Other\AcidBomb\BottleMissile.mdx
This one I need some more advanced edits on it, I'd like the acid-drops of all sorts to be replaced with shiny magical sparkles like on the Dragonhawk <Missile> (Abilities\Weapons\DragonHawkMissile\DragonHawkMissile.mdx), but in a few colours:
(I need these as separate models per re-do)
- The original dragonhawk missile colour, that shiny-palish blue
- The beforementioned goldish, yellowy sort of colour
- A reddish colouring like this
With the emitter recolour, I would like only the glowing-rims to be replaced.
Regarding the amount of sparkly-ness of the emitters, I would like it so that in its stand animation it looks like magic is actually spilling out of it.
In its death animation, I would like the particles to travel in the same fashion as the Dragonhawk <Missile> (see above). This effect is being used for spell-bombs that cast a powerful spell when they explode.

Completed!

Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Immolation\ImmolationTarget.mdx
This one is meant to be used to mark a powerful spell being channeled/used, I need a...
- Frosty sorty of blue, kind of like all the frost/ice buffs in WC3

Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
This one is meant to be used as an alternative to Avatar. Cut the four-side pillars of orange fire because they'll look out of place, don't bother changing them... The firey smoke in them middle and the fire pillar must also need the orange fire to be changed to a...
- Lightning-like whitish with a noticeable but not outstanding blue tint, but also a high-powered-magical spell sense to it

In the near future, I may be making more requests, as some of these spells and abilities don't seem to have a solid-graphical sense yet.

It would be appreciated that if any custom textures are used, it should be in BLP so that the file total takes up minimal space. However if it can be done purely in the MDL edit, that would be great!

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.

Last edited by Tide-Arc Ephemera : 01-29-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Vestras
User

Project Member: LoC

Submissions (4)

Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)

Done.
Texture path: Zap1_Gold.tga.
Attached Files
File Type: tga Zap1_Gold.tga (32.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: mdx feralspirittarget.mdx (14.3 KB, 11 views)
Vestras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
Tide-Arc Ephemera

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

That's a bit heavy for a special effect texture, is it possible to blp'ify it? I know in the model itself the path has to be fixed, that's why I bring this up.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...

Quote:
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

Hero #4 extra-official winner

Im not 100% sure if this is how you wanted it but I tried my best :>
Attached Files
File Type: mdx feralspirittargetgolden.mdx (14.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: mdx BottleMissileedited.mdx (10.0 KB, 14 views)
dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
Tide-Arc Ephemera

Submissions (3)

The bottle missile is not quite what I need, I need sparkles, not droplets of magic and I need the recolors in separate areas. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

EDIT!
The feral spirit is just what I needed.
+ rep It will come soon, it says I need to spread :P

@ Vestras, don't worry about the feral spirit.

Quote:

Last edited by Tide-Arc Ephemera : 01-20-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:49 AM   #6
Tide-Arc Ephemera

Submissions (3)

Bump?

Quote:
Old 01-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #7
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

I'd love to help, but I'm not sure I A: understand what you want for the Acid Bomb, and/or more importantly, B: am able to do it. :/
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:09 AM   #8
Tide-Arc Ephemera

Submissions (3)

Acid Bomb's normal particles are green drops of acid and when it dies, it makes a huge green splash.

What I'd like to have done to it is replace the green drops of acid with glowing particles of energy (like the Dragonhawk <Missile>), and the same thing done to the huge green splash at the end.

Basically replace "acid" with energy.

It's one colour per bomb.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2009, 04:43 AM   #9
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Hum... I could attempt it, but having done so in the past (*cough* Dark Apothecary *cough*), I will tell you that Acid Bomb has, like, 8 different particles to mess with. :P Also, I'm not sure if changing the "end splash" will look alright.

But meh.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 01-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #10
Tide-Arc Ephemera

Submissions (3)

I don't need the acid bombs anymore, apparently, however the immolation would be much appreciated.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #11
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Fuck's sake, nobody made the easiest one?
Attached Files
File Type: mdx ImmolationTargetIce.mdx (3.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 01-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

omg RDZ I just made it 2^^
but I think yours looks a bit better than the one that 1 made

and this request wasnt there when I first took a look in this thread :/

Last edited by dust : 01-22-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #13
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

2fast4u

It's two seconds of recolour, what's to get wrong? There isn't even any texture-switching to be done!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #14
dust
User

I was looking at different icy sfx so it looks like them. And I was also watching tv when doing it^^

But next time I will be faster
Old 01-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #15
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
nobody made the easiest one?
Dang, Tide-Arc made a ninja-request.

So you do or you don't need that Acid Bomb one?