wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-26-2006, 10:40 PM   #1
MartinezTG
User

MartinezTG has little to show at this moment (4)

Default Remake of Bago's Quest

Some of the older members (refering to date joined, not actual age ;-) ) may know me though many probably do not.
Anyways I'm not here starting a topic about my popularity or lack thereof.
What I'm here for is to write that I'm in a bit of nostalgia... not only was I playing WC3 lately but have gone back to WC3 map making a bit.

(ok enough of the intro and useless info)
I've checked out my greatest creation... Bago's Quest. And after a year (or was it 2? was it that long?) I can confirm all that has been written against it by players playing it.

I just wanted to... renew the campaign and get rid of all the bad things it has so that once again it can be playable... replayable actually.
Worst facts about Bago's Quest:
- skins (yes Spearman and Illusionist were terrible plus a couple of others maybe? can't remember right now)
- spelling (grammar was awful in some sentences plus some sentences themselves were not what you could call proper english)
- PATHING (probably the worst thing in BQ and the easiest to fix)

Also - errors that came up with patches after the latest release of BQ can be fixed.
I was just thinking that it was too much of an effort to be wasted I mean... I was already surprised that ppl still play Warcraft

Oh yes... main point of the topic...

All who have played Bago's Quest tell me about what you found annoying about the campaign
I'll think about not making the same mistakes in my next campaign if I'm even gonna make it :D

Martinez

...resurrected
MartinezTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:29 PM   #2
SeasonsOfLove
A Nitpicky Map Reviewer

Official Map Reviewer

SeasonsOfLove will become famous soon enough (44)SeasonsOfLove will become famous soon enough (44)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place

Send a message via AIM to SeasonsOfLove

Pathing was the biggest thing, and the most annoying, by far, and the only way to tell where to go was from the minimap. Other than that, it was pretty good.

(I used to be BGBkstroke at Mod Forge, if you recognize it. I doubt it, though)
Old 07-27-2006, 08:47 AM   #3
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Maybe attach your current copy of the campaign so people who have never played it before can give you feedback?

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Sonic64

It's pretty huge, from what I remember, 60-80 megs.
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Metal_Sonic64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:55 PM   #5
Freakazoid
I love you all.

Submissions (14)

Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonsOfLove
Pathing was the biggest thing, and the most annoying, by far, and the only way to tell where to go was from the minimap. Other than that, it was pretty good.

(I used to be BGBkstroke at Mod Forge, if you recognize it. I doubt it, though)

Lol, I saw you yesterday while hosting chunks ninja map xD.

I can help with the terrain, if you need help with it. Never got to chance to download the whole camaping, since I have 56k.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:20 PM   #6
MartinezTG
User

Actually the terrain was one of the good things in the campaign :-)
though it's hard to walk through :D (what I mean is pathing :D)

It is 89MB with music, without it's 50 or sth like that so no way am I gonna attach it :D

However a message to the mods here especially - this topic will not only be here to let all of those who still show up here and have played BQ tell me about it's worst facts.
You can also help me by telling what patches from 1.18 to 1.20 screwed up in custom maps ;-)

Plus if anyone has a nice orc spearman and 'spellcaster orc unit' (for the illusionist) skins I could use :-) (hey I'm not being lazy here - I'm gonna search myself too ;-) )

Martinez

...will keep you updated
Old 07-27-2006, 11:39 PM   #7
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

So what? How did people download it before? Link offsite, I don't give a damn.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:51 PM   #8
MartinezTG
User

People downloaded it before on wc3sear.ch where they tell me I can re-upload the map though it was way back when Darky himself put it there after downloading it from me. It couldn't have been done otherwise because there was a map size limit.
Next time I'm gonna beg someone for hosting 90MB is when the campaign is fixed.

EDIT: Completed some pathing which was annoying even for me - especially in Mission 4 ("Conqueror Terror" where you get to destroy some bases and kill alot of villagers, even burn a village (makes me wonder why I didn't make any more of those optional quests - kinda the sight of a burning 20 structures looks cool :-) )

I've also checked pathing and completed the trees to be more unpassable so that villagers no longer can go hiding into the forest. It's no longer super-annoying to take a 12 man force through the 1-man-at-a-time pathing.

Some pathing is still tight but those lead to secrets which shouldn't be like "that a secret or just some place? cuz it's quite obvious that you can go here" though some ways of getting to secrets have been changed from "there is a small hole in the tree wall which you can go through" to "you see behind the rock which blocks your vision there is a way that leads to sth".

BTW I've made so many secrets in BQ and some are really tough to get to like ---> have you ever though of being swallowed by a dragon just to kill him above an unreachable cliff and release a switch which opens a way so that the hero can get a secret item? :D
Yeah I know that some of you remember me saying about a secrets guide.... :-)

EDIT2: Editing so not to bump this topic...
Funny how some spells set to 0.00 duration could in later patches be made so that 0 means infinity lol makes "Rock Skin" based on Frost Armor slow you down for the rest of the mission - now that sux :/
Bugtest no.1 is going pretty good BTW, spelling problems fixed and spells now work correctly
Bugtest no.2 will be with 'whosyourdaddy' and cutscene skipping to check if every skip works correctly and if optional quests not completed make a difference in later maps (whis is how it is supposed to be ;-) )

Last edited by MartinezTG : 08-24-2006 at 02:15 PM.