wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 04:52 AM   #121
Egg
User

Respected User

Egg will become famous soon enough (28)

OMG FINALY THE MEESH MISTER DOES IT. I PRAISE YOU. ILl clean up the thread later so its just tuts again. w00t.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-11-2004, 05:37 PM   #122
SpadeZ
User

SpadeZ has little to show at this moment (0)

The fire effect.
If used on skin, skip the clouds filter, unless you are using this on a large area.
Zoom (requires log in)
Old 09-11-2004, 07:11 PM   #123
flamesforzuljin
back from the dead

flamesforzuljin will become famous soon enough (31)flamesforzuljin will become famous soon enough (31)

Send a message via ICQ to flamesforzuljin Send a message via AIM to flamesforzuljin Send a message via MSN to flamesforzuljin

i think you spent more time on the text effects for "FIRE EFFECT" than the actual tut...

Old 09-11-2004, 07:36 PM   #124
Saikann
User

Respected User

Saikann has little to show at this moment (0)

Only post tutorials, everything else will be considered spam, and be deleted
Old 09-21-2004, 05:04 PM   #125
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

I'm gonna post here the way I do lightning. It can be used for spells, weather wffects, etc. I used Photoshop 7.0.

Zoom (requires log in)
Old 09-24-2004, 08:57 PM   #126
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Someone here asked about feathers, so here's how I do them. If there is a better way, and I'm sure it is, I would desperately want to know it.

Zoom (requires log in)
Old 10-22-2004, 12:02 AM   #127
horusrogue
User

horusrogue has little to show at this moment (4)

Armor tutorial revisited. More realistic...might be useful to someone
Old 10-23-2004, 03:02 AM   #128
horusrogue
User

horusrogue has little to show at this moment (4)

Might be useful...with a bit of editing...and creativity
Old 10-30-2004, 09:24 AM   #129
Modeler
User

Modeler has little to show at this moment (0)

I know this is noobish but can you do a tutorial on alphaing stuff
Also could someone do a bone tutorial?

Last edited by Modeler : 10-30-2004 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:46 AM   #130
r00t

It's easy - you just erase the colors (Photoshop) till squares will appear - this will be transparent. Only 1 thing that bothers - you cant alpha out places where team color is used (cape of rifleman etc.)
Thats it.

Old 10-31-2004, 01:24 AM   #131
Modeler
User

Modeler has little to show at this moment (0)

and bones?
Old 11-01-2004, 11:11 AM   #132
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

might not be much of a tut, but meh...

i guess i could try to explainh it in words a little... taking all those screenshots and progress thingies is not for me, i tried once, but then got so cought up in the skin that i kept forgetting to take new progress shots, leaving gaps in the progress xD

allright, rist off, i use photoshop and i have a wacom tablet, just so you know. some people dont agree with me, but i feel that a tablet greatly increases both speed, effeicianty and cunning when 'arting' on the computer. if you are thinking about getting one-- be sure to have one that is pressure-sensitive (press harder and your line will be thicker) or else yur tablet is a waste of time.

this is written for people who understand the workings of photoshop... i'm not posting a screeny for every layer io make xD

okay i made a little quick pick off my Kobolt Taurens head, too explain my layer works.

1. take the original texture. get it from wherever you want, i dont really care, i use wc3vieuwer preferably becouse it allows you to save progress a lot and vieuw your peogress on the skin when sen on the model, wich is a verry important part in my skinning.

2. resize the texture to 200% its original format (for easyer skinning)

3. make two new layers over the existing one, one will be for your shading and one will be for your color. the one for color underneath the one for shading, the original texture goes on the bottom. to clarify:

in this picture, we have layer one, wich is the original texture.
layer two, if the colors smacked over it (making the original layer not visible anymore). in picture 2b you can see layer two on its own.
then, layer 3, is the layer with all the shading. you see that this layer is placed over the other ones and gives it all its detail. on this layer you work with black and white exclusively. pick 3b shows layer three on its own, against a grey background.

Zoom (requires log in)

4. make the colors. in this step you will make the colors on layer two, with 100% opicity brushes but the layer set to 50% opicity! now you can see through what you are doing to the original texture, but still get full colors. now make yoru skin with blunt clean colors, everything you would like to make. (i'm so bad at explaining xD)

5. now, make a temporary layer between layers 2 and 3. at this point, layer two is still at 50% opicity. in this temporary layer, take a small black brush with 50% or so opicity, and start scetching the details you would like your skin to have, uding the original skin you are seeing through layer two as a reference, to make sure you wont fuck up the wrapping. (in the pick of layer two you can still see some of the lines i used on the temporary layer, in this case, lucky for you, i didntr remove the layer but just disabled it... yes, i am that lazy)

6. set layer two to 100% opicity, lower the opicity on the temporary layer untill its barely visible, and then work on layer 3. now, using black and white brushes of veriouse opicities (for you to dicide, i prefer around 20) start detailing the skin. amke the shading happone, all of the details, it's all aplied on layer 3. just sometimes use low opicity eraser to correct mistakes.

7. remove the temporary layer, then continue to work your details untill you are quite satisfied. if you want, you can add some color variations to the color layer now, by using a low opicity brush and adding in some extra colors to the existing color layer. this gives it a more vivid look, especially when doing fur. (example of this, in the pic i posted, is the pink fleshy color that i applied on the nose and lips)

8. finish it off by isong verry small, 2 pixel black 90% brushes, to blacken you deepest black, and really define details such as chains across chests and stuff...

9. take your vieuwer shots, paste a couple of em into a nice new file, so you have a pic to present your skin. then, resize the entire skin back to normal size (resize to 50%) and well... youre done ^ ^.

10. get drunk.

oh and, i hope this is of any use...
Old 11-11-2004, 09:57 PM   #133
IronWolf_SILVER
User

IronWolf_SILVER has little to show at this moment (0)

i would like to knoew ghow to do.....!:

1.- Bones
2.- Naga-like scales

ps: where can i find a good tut for layers >_<
Old 11-12-2004, 12:41 AM   #134
Kelna2
User

Submissions (1)

Kelna2 has little to show at this moment (0)

Heres a Bone Tutorial as requested.

Zoom (requires log in)
Old 11-15-2004, 05:39 PM   #135
Zapp90
User

Submissions (6)

Zapp90 will become famous soon enough (34)Zapp90 will become famous soon enough (34)

Ok, as that wolf made of iron wanted a scale tutorial too, i made one..
it's nearly the same technique as the feathers, but it's not shaped exactley like a feather, and then you must dodge and burn another way...
well, here it is...
(PS. the result can get alot better with some extra work i was too lazy to do :P)
Zoom (requires log in)

Last edited by Zapp90 : 11-19-2004 at 02:25 PM.
Closed Thread