wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Warcraft Editing Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-16-2016, 04:25 AM   #1
Bond009
User

Bond009 has little to show at this moment (0)

Default WC3 update to 1.27 broke some maps

Does anyone know what changes were made in this ver? it seems the code all works fine still so it wasnt the same issue that changed from 1.23 to patch 1.24 where jass and vjass objects changed.
this seems to be more about custom object data. like now items wont work like a speed scroll doesn't work now but still shows the buff but no speed affect, and a mana pot doesnt work now. stuff like that. but not the standard item spells they are custom object abilitys to these items. Does Vex's optimizer still work right and the widgitizer?
Any info is appreciated!
Bond009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-16-2016, 07:00 PM   #2
Ho ho
User

Ho ho has little to show at this moment (0)

Rumors say it's the widgetizers fault.
Ho ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:22 PM   #3
Bond009
User

thats sad.. :/ any idea what they changed to make that mess up? i thought they only made changes for compatibility with newer OS's

Also i forget, who made the widgetizer? Do they ever log on these days still?

Last edited by Bond009 : 03-16-2016 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:34 PM   #4
Ho ho
User

Ho ho has little to show at this moment (0)

PitzerMike made it.
First knowing what exactly is not working anymore would be interesting and if it really is related to the Widgetizer.
Ho ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:08 PM   #5
Bond009
User

Vex told me to play around with tweaks but i dont know enough about his program for that, can anyone help me with how to have it ignore object data when optimizing?
Old 03-19-2016, 06:23 AM   #6
PurgeandFire111
User

PurgeandFire111 will become famous soon enough (58)PurgeandFire111 will become famous soon enough (58)

So what happens if you don't widgetize the map? What if you just leave it as it is? Does it work correctly?
PurgeandFire111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:53 AM   #7
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Bleurgh, does any of this come from running Vex's optimiser or is the Widgetizer separate? Guess I'd better fire up 1.27 and check all my maps still work.

Last edited by Rao Dao Zao : 03-19-2016 at 08:53 AM.
Rao Dao Zao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:17 AM   #8
Bond009
User

yesh the map works perfect and normal without using tools on it and it also works fine with saving it with the vjass jngp as well. but the widgetizer must do something or the combination of using that and then Vexs program.
the map will still load and work just some random things mess up dealing with normal wc3 spells. its completely random it seems.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:13 PM   #9
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I'm guessing Vex's optimizer is not at fault here since most of its options are for optimizing code?

Maybe I should download the patch and test it...
Old 03-28-2016, 03:52 PM   #10
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

You could try and add the objects that break to the exceptions in Widgetizer.ini
I remember there's lots of stuff to customize in there.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:47 AM   #11
Bond009
User

How do i add exceptions for things in Widgetizer? its only for abilities data it seems..

Can someone try and help find out what Blizzard did to the ability's data in the update? they lied in their change log or did more than they listed.. they did something to change IDs around for no reason.. is there a support forum/email for wc3 still? lol