wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #76
Sinnergy
User

Sinnergy has little to show at this moment (8)

Quote:
Looks like you're doing everything right, despite you using code tags and not zinc tags. Does everything else in the spell happen properly? Maybe a thread crash? Do you have WC3 sounds turned on in-game?
spell is working, sound turned on in game, and what's a thread crash?

Quote:
Does everything else in the spell happen properly?
yes
Quote:
Maybe a thread crash?
thread what? whats that?
Quote:
Do you have WC3 sounds turned on in-game?
yes

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 01-22-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Double Post
Sinnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #77
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Don't double post. Send me the map you're doing this in via PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:10 AM   #78
Sinnergy
User

Sinnergy has little to show at this moment (8)

I didn't mean to double post, just when I clicked the post quick reply button mozilla has timed out, then when I refreshed this page, my post didn't appeared, so I re-posted again.

I deleted the old code I have using SoundUtils, and used the ordinary play sound trigger which sucks, I'll try to restore the old code and SoundUtils. I'll send you the map now.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #79
DanThanh
User

Submissions (1)

DanThanh has little to show at this moment (7)

Send a message via Yahoo to DanThanh

Hi Dusk, i tried "Sound\\Interface\\QuestNew.wav", but i does not work !
Old 04-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #80
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I've used that sound before without consequence. You'll need to tell me more than that.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #81
MasterofSickness
User

MasterofSickness is on a distinguished road (23)

Idea Note this!

I also already wanted to ask, because of getting impatient after many testings and not understanding why one sound isn't played while another in the same trigger runs flawlessly.

Well, I finally got it.
I had problems with eg this sound:
"Abilities\\Spells\\Items\\Alam\\Tomes.wav"
and others.

I used
"DefineSound( "Abilities\\Spells\\Items\\AIam\\Tomes.wav",..."
but it never played,
even setting the duration to some smaller or bigger value then the original length didn't change anything. Then I got a brainwave
I use JNGP5 (JassNewGenPack5) and it is only fully compatible until version 1.21 and so I thought lets have a look into the mpq-file from 1.24 with MPQMaster and explore the appropriate sound paths...
Finally I'm not sure if JNGP5 shows some differences in the paths of the sounds towards the mpq from 1.24, but nevertheless in MQMaster the path was written with an "I".
Let me show you what I mean:
In JNGP5:
"Abilities\\Spells\\Items\\AIam\\Tomes.wav" (I thought/think this is a small "L")
In MPQMaster:
"Abilities\\Spells\\Items\\AIam\\Tomes.wav" (this is apparently an "I")

So, in the end,
the path was missed!
My advice:
Double or triple check your sound paths if the sound doesn't play and you don't know why.
MasterofSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:03 AM   #82
iNfamous
User

iNfamous has little to show at this moment (0)

Hey!
I cant open the TestMap (the main-mapfile could not be openend).
Isnt it compatible with 1.24 at the moment?
iNfamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #83
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

akolyt0r has a spectacular aura about (120)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNfamous
Hey!
I cant open the TestMap (the main-mapfile could not be openend).
Isnt it compatible with 1.24 at the moment?

quite possible that the attachment is corrupted... wait for RisingDusk to fix it...
Old 12-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #84
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Would it be possible to provide a public Sound struct one could get to by typecasting the soundRef integers? Or better yet, make DefineSound return such a struct, it wouldn't affect backwards compatibility as long as the other functions still take an integer. The reason I ask is because I could really use a way to get the duration of the sound without requiring the users to pass it to my functions along with the soundRef itself.

Edit: Blizzard must have delegated sounds to the most incompetent programmer on the team. A couple of things I have discovered recently:

KillSoundWhenDone does not appear to actually destroy the sound handle, at least my handlecount kept going up in a test where I periodically created a sound and called KillSoundWhenDone on it. In any event, this needs further testing.

SetSoundPitch is not absolute, but relative to the sound's current pitch. This means that setting a sound's pitch to 1.0 will do nothing - if you had previously set a sound's pitch to 0.5 then to reset it you must now set it to 2.0. This means it is impossible to restart a sound you paused by setting it's pitch to 0.0 and recycling sounds that had their pitch changed will give you terrible problems.

There's also an issue with SetsoundPlayPosition which doesn't appear to work on a sound which hasn't started yet, which makes it useless when you try to use it on SoundUtils sounds, since a new sound will only be started after a small delay.

Working with sounds really is a pain. I was hoping I'd be able to avoid the issues by using SoundUtils, but there appear to be just too many of them for this library to be able to address them all.

Last edited by Anitarf : 06-15-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Anitarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #85
MasterofSickness
User

MasterofSickness is on a distinguished road (23)

Idea

So if i want to play a sound for several, but no all players (for a team of players), do I have to create several integers & defining the same sound for every integer?

EDIT:
Defining the same sound in different integers wont work! In the following example only Player(1) will hear a sound:
Collapse JASS:
local integer i_SoundType = DefineSound("Sound\\Ambient\\DoodadEffects\\SargerasLaugh.wav", 3326, false, false) // requires library "SoundUtils"
local integer i_SoundType2 = DefineSound("Sound\\Ambient\\DoodadEffects\\SargerasLaugh.wav", 3326, false, false) // requires library "SoundUtils"
call RunSoundForPlayer(   i_SoundType, Player(1)   ) // requires library "SoundUtils"
call RunSoundForPlayer(   i_SoundType2, Player(0)   ) // requires library "SoundUtils"

EDIT2:
Ah, read a bit through the library...
i will use a "RunSound" for local player like risingdusk did for playing the sound for 1 player (at the end of his library "SoundUtils")!

Last edited by MasterofSickness : 01-28-2014 at 12:49 PM.
MasterofSickness is offline   Reply With Quote