wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Cinematics > Cinematics Archive
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-26-2006, 02:10 AM   #1
Fin.
User

Submissions (1)

Fin. will become famous soon enough (34)Fin. will become famous soon enough (34)

Default Vengeance Lost

Vengeance Lost

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vengeance Lost5.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	11520

Summary:
Vengeance Lost is my first map and also a first in a cinematic series which I began in June, it tells the story of a young man Xann's search for his father. During this search Xann discovers the tale of Jak of Hearts, a man who seeks revenge on those who betrayed him. Xann soon sees the tale come to life as he gets placed in the middle of vengeance itself during his search for his father.

Features:

-The map uses the cinematic system created by Infrane and Anitarf which
provides smooth cameras and perfect timing.

-Contains a lengthy battle scenes that makes good use of the animations and special effects of Warcraft 3.

-Runtime of 14 minutes. Size is 16mb

-Voice acting by SamuraiPanda and JnM

Special thanks to ghenjis for helping me improve my terraining and testing the map, and also SamuraPanda for his awesome voice acting and helping me with the audio.

Download: Vengeance Lost

Pictures:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	466.8 KB
ID:	11524Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen2.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	544.2 KB
ID:	11525Click image for larger version

Name:	screen3.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	541.3 KB
ID:	11526Click image for larger version

Name:	screen4.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	587.4 KB
ID:	11527

Last edited by Fin. : 09-01-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Fin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-26-2006, 10:30 AM   #2
SeruK
I'm the One

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (8)

SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)

Send a message via MSN to SeruK

Very good work Fin., you use of the wc3 engine to near it's peak.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:06 PM   #3
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I think it's a shame you didn't have a custom music composed for the cinematic; as is, I find the track selections and transitions between them poor in most cases.

Zurg already commented on the cameras, so I won't do so again. I think the dialogue could use more polish, though, difficult to say what's bothering me, exactly, just little details in timing and word choice.

I'll repeat what was said about the action: too slow. It could be up to twice as fast in some places, like that jumping when dodging projectiles. The wall-walk part was well made, though, it was the high point of the action sequence.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:02 AM   #4
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

I agree with what Anitarf said. The action was too slow. The problem mostly was the "one guy does something and the other just waits". While here it wasnt THAT bad, it still showed a little.

For the cameras, I agree with Zurg, and I'd like to add that you sometimes have cameras that are supposed to follow the character, but the character is not centered (somewhat) on the screen. This is annoying to watch. Also you may have overused the smooth camera a little in some cases.

Well, these are the only -s I can think of, apart from them I think its a quite nice cinematic. Hope to see more!

I'll approve this to stimulate you to make more :)
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:53 AM   #5
Fin.
User

Submissions (1)

Fin. will become famous soon enough (34)Fin. will become famous soon enough (34)

Thanks a lot iNfraNe, it is an honor to be in the archives:), I know my cameras were somewhat poor at times but I wasn't too familiar with all the different aspects of the cameras when I created it, and it will be my primary focus of improvement in part 2. Of course I will also include a battle scene that won't seem awkward at times, and will not consist of waiting and sluggish movement. I look to continue the series very soon, and I just want to thank everybody who helped me out and the good people here at Wc3campaigns.

Last edited by Fin. : 08-31-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Fin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:21 AM   #6
Hemlock
user

Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via AIM to Hemlock

Congradulations on getting into the archives, I hope all goes well with part two, and if you need a voice actor again (hope I am not too busy this time), let me know ^_^.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote