wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-23-2007, 04:22 AM   #151
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

grimoire doesn't have priviledges to read the registry? Is vista involved?
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:19 AM   #152
TheCrystalBlade
User

TheCrystalBlade has little to show at this moment (2)

I have Windows XP 2, it worked before, as I said.
TheCrystalBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:06 AM   #153
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

The registry keys may simply not exist.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:22 AM   #154
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

i must thank everyone who brought this newgen to life, ive never had any problem with it since i started to try it. And it's just becoming more awesome the more i use it. <3 IT, and Vexorian is my Idol
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #155
TheCrystalBlade
User

Well, lucky you.
Mine still doesn't work. And It's getting annouying because I need to be able to remove the WE limits.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #156
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)

I have a strange problem with NewGen
I have to start it twice before I can use it.

First time extended toolbar does not appear
so I have to shut it down and start it again.
Then it works.

It is been like that since I started using it.
I guess it has something to do with loading scripts...
cohadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:19 PM   #157
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)

Crystal: As the messages show grimoire can't read/write/create registry keys on your machine. These keys go into HKEY_CURRENT_USER so there should be no permission problems. There is something wonky about your system that stops it, perhaps an antivirus utility or antispyware or something.

Easiest workaround: Replace the entire contents of findpath.lua with
Code:
path = "C:\\Warcraft III" -- your path to warcraft goes here
Old 08-06-2007, 08:22 AM   #158
TheCrystalBlade
User

Well, I tried highlighting+Delete, didn't work (error), so I created a TXT document with same name, but it says
"Grimoire executed correctly but world edited failed to start, please make sure you warcraft III CD is in your drive. If problem persists, report this bug"
Yeah, it's in there, cd anyway.
BTW, How to create .lua file?

Edit: Scratch that, It somehow began working after I downloaded WEU, then removed it...

Mystery problem solved by: ?????

Last edited by TheCrystalBlade : 08-07-2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:47 PM   #159
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

I'm currently working on an update for the grim extension pack and implementing a feature that has been requested by a few people (i think Anitarf, MindWorX, EarthFury and possibly others) and I need some feedback.
It's a plugin that can be used to generate objects. Example how it would be used:

Collapse JASS:
//! textmacro NewDamageBonus takes ID, BONUS
//! external CreateObject AItg $ID$ Iatt $BONUS$ ansf ($BONUS$)
//! endtextmacro

// USAGE
//! runtextmacro NewDamageBonus("MYID", "1024")

This would add a new damage bonus ability ('AItg' is the base ability) with 1024 bonus damage to the map and give it 'MYID' as its id. Also the editor suffix is set to (1024). Iatt and ansf simply identify the field that is changed and are taken from the meta data files (Iatt = damage bonus, ansf = editor suffix).

The idea is to make systems like BonusMod more painless by eliminating the phase where you copy and paste an ability 100 times and change only one property in the object editor.

I'd like to know if the shown interface is ok for everyone or if you want anything changed.

Last edited by PitzerMike : 08-19-2007 at 02:47 PM.
PitzerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:36 PM   #160
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

hmmm I am guessing externals are parsed after jasshelper then that actually works?
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 08-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #161
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

I guessed that textmacros are parsed before doing the external call. Anyway it's not necessary to use macros. The external call alone also works, just that you have to type the same parameters over and over again.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:14 PM   #162
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

2 days have passed and I did not receive any complaint about jasshelper 0.9.8.9 so I guess it is stable enough for a new version of newgen "E" .
Old 08-27-2007, 09:34 AM   #163
Jazradel
Superuser

Submissions (1)

Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)

Send a message via AIM to Jazradel Send a message via MSN to Jazradel

Awesome idea Pitzer.

Table:
Jump Map
Point System
Warcraft III Model Archive

W3 Model Archive should be available from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cd5..._III_Resources, PM me if it doesn't work.
Jazradel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #164
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

//! external CreateObject AItg $ID$ Iatt $BONUS$ ansf ($BONUS$)

slk table ? auto created "in the map" ? or external file ? =) i whole FUCKING AWESOME !

Quote:
2 days have passed and I did not receive any complaint about jasshelper 0.9.8.9 so I guess it is stable enough for a new version of newgen "E" .
btw i meantioned it just yet ^^ does
/* feature works ?

well anyway awesome job !
Old 08-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #165
Steel
User

Steel has little to show at this moment (4)

I've continually had problems with the NewGen pack and GameCache. After some random point in time, no matter what map I'm working on, game cache ceases working. Any values stored do not function, any references do not function. It is also for any map. Restarted WE doesn't work. Restarting computer doesn't fix it. Trying to play a map in War3 I was editing doesn't work. The only way to rectify this situation is if I reinstall the entire game.

Does the NewGen pack access / modify any external files of Wc3 that would cause potential problems?

Note: Using regular World Editor after a reinstall has yet to cause it to break. It is only after extensive use with the NewGen. Using Regular World Editor after NewGen stops working also does not function.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote