wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > Trigger (GUI)/ AI editor Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-04-2004, 05:53 PM   #46
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindWorX
Hehe... Thx alot... :D Do you have MSN?
I might. Why do you ask?
Old 11-05-2004, 10:05 AM   #47
MindWorX
Level 1 Neothelid

Tools Moderator

Submissions (2)

MindWorX has a spectacular aura about (147)

So we could talk a little more, exchange ideas, stuff like that... :)

Miniworx@hotmail.com is mine, add me if you'd like...
MindWorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 08:58 AM   #48
frefrefre

Yeah, i was wondering if my map would be any funny if u can have how many weapons as you wish, but ive fixed it now, but i want some help with my multiplau rpg, i have tried with this and i wonder if there are any more effective ways?

Event
Unit - A unit enters Necromancerslct <gen>

Condition
(Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Wisp

Action
Unit - Create 1 Kel'Thuzad for (Owner of (Entering unit)) at (Center of Hero spwn <gen>) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))

Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to 1

Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

then i keep on doin the same trigger for all heros, and have diffrent values on all my triggers.

but i wonder about the "hero finds weapon" trigger and the "hero drops weapon" trigger, am i supposed to make 1 of thoos triggers for each players??
Old 11-06-2004, 01:53 PM   #49
MindWorX
Level 1 Neothelid

Tools Moderator

Submissions (2)

My system? Or another system?
Old 11-08-2004, 05:57 PM   #50
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frefrefre
Yeah, i was wondering if my map would be any funny if u can have how many weapons as you wish, but ive fixed it now, but i want some help with my multiplau rpg, i have tried with this and i wonder if there are any more effective ways?

Event
Unit - A unit enters Necromancerslct <gen>

Condition
(Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Wisp

Action
Unit - Create 1 Kel'Thuzad for (Owner of (Entering unit)) at (Center of Hero spwn <gen>) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))

Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to 1

Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

then i keep on doin the same trigger for all heros, and have diffrent values on all my triggers.

but i wonder about the "hero finds weapon" trigger and the "hero drops weapon" trigger, am i supposed to make 1 of thoos triggers for each players??
You don't need a find weapon or a drop weapon trigger for each player, just change the event to a Generic Unit Event, rather than a "Player Owned Unit" event.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:33 PM   #51
Oxide2007

The Idea of getting the hero a weapon in there hand is something I was thinking about... (If so its arthas or some one it doesn't help because they already have for their model a weapon) so like say a vilager hero picks up a wrench... Yay now he holds a wrench... BUT If I do this, I am going to need to know the attachment points... lol... anyone have a clue as to which attachment points strings are and as to where they go?... (I haven't yet, but I will do a search on "Attachment Points")
~oxide
Old 11-12-2004, 06:28 PM   #52
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide2007
The Idea of getting the hero a weapon in there hand is something I was thinking about... (If so its arthas or some one it doesn't help because they already have for their model a weapon) so like say a vilager hero picks up a wrench... Yay now he holds a wrench... BUT If I do this, I am going to need to know the attachment points... lol... anyone have a clue as to which attachment points strings are and as to where they go?... (I haven't yet, but I will do a search on "Attachment Points")
~oxide

Right... The best way to add an attachment is through the "Damage Bonus" ability. Using the "Art - Target" field select your weapon model. Now, take the "Art - Target Attachment Point 1" field and add a string: "Hand". Then add *another* string: "Right" or "Left" depending on which hand needs the weapon. Then go a bit lower down to "Art - Target Attachments" and change the value to "1". There you go, the character should now be shown holding your weapon.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:08 AM   #53
MindWorX
Level 1 Neothelid

Tools Moderator

Submissions (2)

Quote:
~oxide
I did it by using the Sphere ability, but his way works just the same...
Old 02-01-2005, 12:55 AM   #54
Cloak_master
User

Cloak_master has little to show at this moment (0)

Or you could simply classify all swords as Antique items. Then have a trigger like...

Events:
Unit- Aqquires an item

Condition:
Item class of item being manipulated equal to antique

Actions: Set custom value of hero manipulating item to (custom value of hero manipulating value +1)
If - Custom value of hero manipulating item equal to 2

Then - Order hero aqquiring item to drop item being manipulated

Else - Do nothing

And make it so that if he drops an item it sets his custom value to -1. Voila, a simple and effective solution to this.
Cloak_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:40 PM   #55
Zeathral

Nice ^_^
Old 07-03-2005, 01:32 AM   #56
TaintedReality
User!

TaintedReality is a jewel in the rough (159)TaintedReality is a jewel in the rough (159)

AI Tournament #2 - 1st Place

Send a message via MSN to TaintedReality

Isn't there a much easier way to do this? Here is what I came up with.

Weapons
Events
Unit - A unit Acquires an item
Conditions
(Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Weapon
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 2)) Equal to Weapon
(Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 3)) Equal to Weapon
(Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 4)) Equal to Weapon
(Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 5)) Equal to Weapon
(Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 6)) Equal to Weapon
Then - Actions
Hero - Drop the item from slot 1 of (Hero manipulating item)
Unit - Order (Hero manipulating item) to drop (Item being manipulated) in 1
Else - Actions

------------------------------------
and for dual wielding daggers and such..

Daggers
Events
Unit - A unit Acquires an item
Conditions
(Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to DualWieldWeapon
Actions
If - Conditions
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 3)) Equal to DualWieldWeapon
(Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 4)) Equal to DualWieldWeapon
(Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 5)) Equal to DualWieldWeapon
(Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 6)) Equal to DualWieldWeapon
Then - Actions
If - Conditions
(Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 1)) Equal to DualWieldWeapon
Then - Actions
Hero - Drop the item from slot 2 of (Hero manipulating item)
Unit - Order (Hero manipulating item) to drop (Item being manipulated) in 2
Else - Actions
Hero - Drop the item from slot 1 of (Hero manipulating item)
Unit - Order (Hero manipulating item) to drop (Item being manipulated) in 1
Else - Actions

------------------------------------------

Shields and other items are the same as normal weapons, just use different inventory slots. And, I used variables for the weapon types, but you don't really need those. This seems like a simple way to not have to do much work while still getting a working inventory system with multiple units/heroes. It also keeps all your items nice and organized which can be useful if you need to mess around with them in other triggers.
TaintedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:35 AM   #57
blade*zen

Hi! guys , This trigger works.
^_^
Old 07-08-2005, 03:14 AM   #58
blade*zen

Quote:
~oxide

http://www.world-editor-tutorials.th...ttachments.php

You need to modify the hero's model, make him without a weapon.
Then you can add the weapon ability to the item.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:02 AM   #59
applecat

BladeZen, do you mean to say that if a hero already has a weapon you cant attach a new item unless his model is changed? And also, practically for all other units, we can't attach anything on them unless they have free hands?

Eg. A Dryad, do we need to remove her spear before attaching?
Eg2. A Wizard (with 1 stick on left hand), if we attach a stick to left hand, it won't show up either? (but if attached to the right, it will?)
Old 04-12-2006, 01:30 PM   #60
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

Setting "Number of dice" to -1 will cause the attack to deal 0-0 damage but still be visible. Just a tip :P
GaDDeN is offline   Reply With Quote