wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-22-2007, 09:02 PM   #16
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRaider
I am not sure if this occured to anyone here yet but i had 1.7 i think last time and it screws up the model i think. The model doesn't appear at all. Not sure if 1.8 is fixed.

Tell us the path of the model, details about the unit/doodad that used the model and the Widgetizer version that was involved.
If it can't be reproduced it didn't happen.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #17
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
Because widgetized maps take a lot of godamn space?

Compare a bunch of SLK and txt files with a bunch of binary object files, and the files on a widgetized map need to contain all the objects in the game, not just the custom ones.

Hmm I would usually ask a few other questions in a situation like this,
but the truth is I don't give a damn.

It takes 50k more space but it loads faster, it's fine by me.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:08 AM   #18
DreamRaider
User

DreamRaider has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via MSN to DreamRaider

well this occurs randomly. Sometimes when i test the map, i see this hero's model is fine. Next time, when i widgitzied the map later on, the same hero i see, the model disappears. Just the shadow underneath.

Last edited by DreamRaider : 12-27-2007 at 02:08 AM.
DreamRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #19
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

I cannot help you if you don't follow my instructions.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #20
DreamRaider
User

sorry i didn't respond. I kinda deleted that map long ago lol. I will try again and see the problem.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #21
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

Default 1.8.0.7 Update

This is a critical update that fixes possible problems with abilities that have more than 4 levels and a few special abilities like Command Aura.
It may also improve loading time further if you have spells with many levels.

Changes:
  • Level 4 data is not put into the SLK anymore because that might screw up higher levels of the ability
    This is because the level 4 columns in the SLK represent the default values for higher levels
  • However if the ability has no more than 4 levels, level 4 can and will be put into the SLK
  • Found a list of abilities that cannot be put into the SLK because they would get broken
    Such abilities now stay in the w3a file as a whole (the most important is Command Aura)
  • Made it so that all levels of profile data are externalized to the TXT file
    This means that CustomKeys.txt files can be used to completely translate maps
    However it also means that " characters are replaced with single quotes in strings
  • Fixed a problem where profile data of base abilities had a chance to get lost
Old 03-19-2008, 06:15 PM   #22
DreamRaider
User

i can't even open up widgitzer wtf? Um.... Can anyone explain why i cannot open it? And yes i did not click on the batwigitizer.

Edited: Nvm i fixed it, becuz i needed to restart computer.. lol... anyhow how does the custom key resistant work? It won't let anyone change the object editor? Will this screw up anything?

Also when i was wigitziing it, is it naturally that is says that id R009 doesn't exist or somthing like that pop up?

Found a problem as well... I used a crow form ability in triggering to the unit can fly during a attack. But the wigitized map won't let the guy fly. They are doing it on the ground.

Last edited by DreamRaider : 03-19-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:29 PM   #23
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

Quote:
i can't even open up widgitzer wtf? Um.... Can anyone explain why i cannot open it? And yes i did not click on the batwigitizer.

Edited: Nvm i fixed it, becuz i needed to restart computer.. lol... anyhow how does the custom key resistant work? It won't let anyone change the object editor? Will this screw up anything?

Also when i was wigitziing it, is it naturally that is says that id R009 doesn't exist or somthing like that pop up?

Found a problem as well... I used a crow form ability in triggering to the unit can fly during a attack. But the wigitized map won't let the guy fly. They are doing it on the ground.

You can send me the unprotected map to PitzerMike@gmx.at
Then I can look what the problem with crow form and R009 is.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:32 PM   #24
DreamRaider
User

Well i sent it, i hope u don't try hacking and stealing the map or somthing. -_-

But i wish i could use the tool, i couldn't use it due to many problems in it.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #25
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

I have attached a quickfix for you, DreamRaider. Replace the Widgetizer.exe with this one to try it again.

About the R009: The Widgetizer just reported a problem in your map to you. Your map contains garbage upgrade data. To repair your map open it in the object editor, then go to the Upgrades tab. Then in the File menu click Reset Standard Upgrades (Ctrl+Shift+U)

The Crow form problem was indeed a bug in the Widgetizer, it should be fixed now.

Quote:
due to many problems in it.

Many? If you know other problems, please report them!
Attached Files
File Type: rar quickfix.rar (511.0 KB, 30 views)
Old 03-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #26
DreamRaider
User

yea ty pitzer lol. Like veerytime i use this i found like a crap load of problems. But i didn't ave chance to report it. So i finally did it. In time i will remeber it and send it.

wait is this widigitzer u sent has the crow form problem fixed?

Last edited by DreamRaider : 03-21-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:46 PM   #27
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

Quote:
wait is this widigitzer u sent has the crow form problem fixed?

yes
Old 03-21-2008, 06:59 PM   #28
DreamRaider
User

Alright thx! Also question: it says like custom key resistance prevents from editing fof object editor or somthing, i do not understand this. Can u explain this abit better?
Old 03-21-2008, 08:15 PM   #29
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

Quote:
Alright thx! Also question: it says like custom key resistance prevents from editing fof object editor or somthing, i do not understand this. Can u explain this abit better?

No, it only prevents CustomKeys.txt files from overriding your object properties.
Selecting this option simply enforces the same restrictions regarding custom keys as if the map was never widgetized.
Normally you want to disable this option.

Last edited by PitzerMike : 03-21-2008 at 08:16 PM.
PitzerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #30
DreamRaider
User

Great i found another problem i was talking eailer. Some model of cetain character's do not appear once widgitized. What should i send u? The unprotect, the widgitizted, or the optimized + Widgitized?

Last edited by DreamRaider : 03-23-2008 at 07:16 PM.