wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > Site Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 02:43 AM   #1
themicroant
User

themicroant has little to show at this moment (0)

This is from the post at http://www.wc3campaigns.com/showthread.php?t=55818.

Xzarol post: "I have a problem. When my computer was formatted, I thought my brother had saved my map to another harddrive. It turns out that he didnt. I then lost the only unlocked version of the map I had, and I was very far into the creation process. Could anyone possibly unlock this map and give me a guide on how to add back in the triggers and stuff? When I locked it I used HeavyLock and it does weird stuff. If anyone can unlock the map I will give them credit in the map and I will give them their own hero as well, but only if you can unlock the map and tell me a way to fix the triggers or nearly. Thanks."

then 35263526 replied: "Wc3Campaigns does not support map unprotection. Sorry, you can't post anything to do with it here." and then he closed the thread

I didn't know WC III Campaigns had a stance on map unprotection. The only stance I knew was darky's comment "Map Protection: WARNING: This map has been damaged by a 3rd party application. People call this protecting the map." on protected downloads. My question is does WC III campaigns really have a stance cause I unportect maps all the time and I sent an email to Xzarol to help him unprotect the map?
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-23-2004, 03:24 AM   #2
Aznwhore
User

Submissions (1)

Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)

alpha disjunction was banned for this
obviously, the forum does not support, nor tolerate map unprotect
Old 05-23-2004, 05:07 AM   #3
DaMagicMilkMan
User

DaMagicMilkMan has little to show at this moment (0)

I think the alpha dude got banned for this...
Old 05-23-2004, 05:13 AM   #4
Ice Knight
User

Ice Knight is on a distinguished road (10)

that's what Aznwhore just said
Old 05-23-2004, 11:02 AM   #5
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

While Blizzard 'promotes' open source of maps, and offers no sort of map protection, that is their decision. Often, us map makers work long and hard to see our maps get messed by amateurs who discredit us, and ruin our hard work with 'cheap' versions of our maps. This is the reason we chose to protect maps. Sure, maps can be unprotected. Anyone capable of such should really have the skill to trigger their own map. Why steal something the author clearly wants to be exclusive?

We respect the desire of map creators to protect their maps.

We do not support or promote the unprotection of such maps, and will purge any posts or information regarding the unprotection of maps. This is the what the majority agrees to, and we'll be damned if we drop our stance for the few who seek to work against us. If you lost your original map after protection, then that's your own fault.

Be excellent to each other.
Closed Thread