wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing > Warcraft lore
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-12-2007, 03:29 AM   #1
Hunter of Shadows
User

Hunter of Shadows is on a distinguished road (13)

Default Faceless Ones

Does anyone have any theories as to what the Faceless Ones are where they come from whom they serve ect. I've never played WoW (I want to) so I don't know if that has any lore. But if you've played the Dwarf Campaign that has some great theories too. The main theory of the dwarf campaign is that the Faceless Ones hail from N'Gah a realm where the powers of the Old Gods exist in high amounts. Not the full power of one but enough that the Faceless Ones are uncontested there for the most parts and that the only ones that had any real success there were the Dwarves because the Pantheon shaped them themselves.

Some of that is my own interpretation, I duntcare if you accept that or not but I consider that the actual origin of the Faceless Ones (The Old Gods created them but I didn't say that oops...)
Hunter of Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-13-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
Lux
User

Lux has little to show at this moment (0)

As far as we know right now, the Faceless Ones that inhabit the subterranean zones of Azjol-Nerub are servants of the Old Gods. Although it hasn't yet been hinted whether the Faceless Ones were directly shaped by the Old Gods or simply warped by them, as was the case with the Qiraji, we do know that these creatures outdate the Nerubians, since they are the source of several legends by this race, and that they existed in company of a monstrosity that bore a striking resemblance to the embryonic state in which the Old God C'thun lived in Silithus.

Blizzard has already announced that in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, players will be able to confront an Old God in the depths of Azjol-Nerub. Given the fact that Arthas and Anub'arak confronted the Faceless Ones in that location, it is safe for us to presume that the Faceless Ones serve the Old God that resides in those vaults in some way or another.
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote