wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > Misc. Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-01-2005, 10:27 PM   #16
CryoniC
User

Submissions (2)

CryoniC has little to show at this moment (4)

Wow thanks for the feedback guys. Sorry about not coming earlier. Damn internet problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoz
This... didn't work for me. Do you have any suggestions on what might have gone wrong? Also, when I shift-click on the Art - Lightning Properties thingy it just goes to the normal selection, as if I had not held shift. Also, I have a Mac, and I don't know if the shift thing can only be done on PCs or some stupid thing like that...

Yup, I checked on my PC, and only PCs have the shift-click thingy You should probably warn about this in your tutorial under the "What you will need" section.

Why does Blizzard have to give Macs the shaft???????

Sorry but I have no idea how to do this on a Mac. What do you usually do to create an uppercase character without Caps Lock?
CryoniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:36 PM   #17
Daminon

I got problems when I used my new lightning in the game. I changed the primary lightning for Chain Lightning into my own one which had exactly the same vaules as Chain Lightning - Primary exept for the other texture, name and comment. When I tried it in the game it was just crap. The lightning was all white and extreamly chaotic. Do you have any idea of what could be the problem? I got to get this working since costum lightning effects has always been my dream.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:17 PM   #18
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

Readded this great tutorial, and reattached the screenshots thanks to Blade.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:22 AM   #19
R-ini
Banned

R-ini has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-1)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daelin
Awsome stuff! I must say I am impressed. I was searching for such a tutorial for ages. Thanks dude!

~Daelin
Can you use your purple lightning in Divine Intervention?I want to see how it works.
Back to the topic:There is no file with Splats\LightningData.slk.Are you sure it's here?Give me the location of it,R-ini
R-ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:55 AM   #20
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

R-ini: Kindly read our rules before ever posting again. Hint: We don't like double/triple posts. Consider this a warning.

On topic: The GIMP is a painting program, and WinMPQ is required to extract the LightningData.slk file which you can't find from the mpq. All this however, has already been stated in previous posts so please read more carefully in the future.

Last edited by PitzerMike : 11-17-2006 at 07:58 AM.
PitzerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:53 AM   #21
R-ini
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by garith
nope, srry, thats not there either! in my War3x.mpq under L i have theese files:

L.mpq
Leader.jpg
Licence.txt
LocationBar.html
Logo.jpg
Lrepeat.jpg

Nothing else! Whats going on! there is no LightningData.slk in War3.mpq either!!!!!!!!!
Where did you look for these?I think there is no LightningData.slk .Can someone post it in here?
Old 11-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #22
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)

Hero Contest - First place

There is no LightningData my ass. You just didn't search it well or you used a bad tool or you searched into another archive. I archived it myself into a .rar because the system would not let me upload it otherwise.

~Daelin
Attached Files
File Type: rar LightningData.rar (681 Bytes, 30 views)

Daelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:18 PM   #23
R-ini
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitzerMike
R-ini: Kindly read our rules before ever posting again. Hint: We don't like double/triple posts. Consider this a warning.

On topic: The GIMP is a painting program, and WinMPQ is required to extract the LightningData.slk file which you can't find from the mpq. All this however, has already been stated in previous posts so please read more carefully in the future.
This tutorial is destroyed for me.WinMPQ doesn't work at my computer.CAn I use a similar program to this one?WHat?
Old 11-18-2006, 08:01 AM   #24
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

Oh my god, you're doing it again! This is the last time I'll tell you to edit your previous message instead of double posting. Follow our rules or be banned!

And yes, instead of WinMPQ you can use Ladik's MPQ Editor, MPQMaster or PowerMPQ, MPQ2k, TechMPQ, HEXtractor ...
Old 11-18-2006, 09:49 AM   #25
R-ini
Banned

Information

Quote:
Oh my god, you're doing it again! This is the last time I'll tell you to edit your previous message instead of double posting. Follow our rules or be banned!

And yes, instead of WinMPQ you can use Ladik's MPQ Editor, MPQMaster or PowerMPQ, MPQ2k, TechMPQ, HEXtractor ...
Yes,I made it.I'm gonna use this path ReplacableTextures\Weather\LightningRed with the Splats\LightningData.slk .Did someone actually used the LightningRed at ChainLightning?

Quote:
Step 4
Open WE and the map you want to use the lightning in. Use the Import Manager to import your textures and the LightningData.slk file into your map. Change the SLK file's custom path to Splats\LightningData.slk.
Also change the textures' paths to those used in the SLK file.
Go to the Object Editor and then the Abilities rollout. Find the spell you want to use the lightning with. Find the Art - Lightning Effects or LightningEffects property and while holding down shift double click on it. Enter the 4 character name of the lightning here. Save your map and test it in warcraft.
Hopefully everything will work perfectly and you'll have your own custom lightning without having to replace existing lightning.
Here are some examples of lightning I created. Examples of effects you can create:

Wait a minute.Here's a problem when you select the Art-Effect,the you should hold SHIFT and double it on it,you enter the 4 caracter name of the lightning here.Aren't you reffering to this path
ReplacableTextures\Weather\LightningRed.blp?Even if was so,it wouldn't have worked,'cause it accepts only mdx/mdl files,not blp's .Sorry,but that's it.

EDIT#3:When I imported the texture of the red lightning and LighningData,it turn blank.It wasn't there when I opened the map.What sort of problem could this be?

EDIT4:I know what you're saying,but give me an example of the id and I made
understand.

Last edited by R-ini : 11-18-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #26
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

You don't enter the path of the file, you enter the 4-letter-id of the lightning. The id is defined in the first column in LightningData.slk.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:13 PM   #27
R-ini
Banned

Quote:
You don't enter the path of the file, you enter the 4-letter-id of the lightning. The id is defined in the first column in LightningData.slk.
AFOD id for LightningRed.Got it!Inset it in Art-Effect.It'll really work?
Old 02-11-2007, 03:26 PM   #28
Danhell
User

Danhell has little to show at this moment (0)

Hey.
I have problems with importing lightnings. :-\

When I try saving the map, I get an error:
Unable to create directory 'C:\DOCUME~1\Danhell\Asztal\DIESIR~1.w3xTemp\C:\Documents and settings\Danhell\Asztal\'
System Error: Sintaxis (or wth lol, I'm trying to transalate) of the f_n_ a k_t__ or the k_c_e is inappropiate/wrong/incorrect

EDIT: Okay, I retyped the paths, now it saved, but I get a FATAL ERROR! (^^) when I want to try it.

EDIT2: Yaaaaay this time I had something wrong in the LightningData, fixed, now it works, though it is damn ugly lolol.

EDIT3(Omg I'll never stop?):I know why is it ugly, because it is nothing. It is not the lightning. What kind of path should I type in LightningData, below file?

EDIT4: FIXED YAY I MADE MY OWN LIGHTNING ^_^'

Last edited by Danhell : 02-11-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Danhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:13 AM   #29
NightKiller
User

NightKiller has little to show at this moment (0)

I don't understand.I create a new Effect Lightning and i have this error:

Here the screen of the effect lightning CLPP:

Thank you for your answer

Last edited by NightKiller : 11-21-2007 at 10:15 AM.
NightKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:32 AM   #30
Dr.Willy
User

Dr.Willy has little to show at this moment (4)

I have the same problem, even though im quite sure i followed the guide.
Could anybody who got this working upload a testmap?
^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat
Dr.Willy is offline   Reply With Quote