wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-19-2007, 10:53 PM   #1
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

Default 2 quick questions

1. How do i count the number of units in a unit group? i cant find the native for it.

2. How do i use the CasterCast natives that i see in jasscraft? Are they worth using?
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

2. user the caster system by vex. they are not natives though.

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:46 PM   #3
Naakaloh
User

Submissions (2)

Naakaloh is a jewel in the rough (155)Naakaloh is a jewel in the rough (155)

Spell Making Session 09 WinnerSpell Making Session 05 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Naakaloh

There is no native for it; there is a CountUnitsInGroup bj function.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:49 AM   #4
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

You could do it like this:
Collapse JASS:
function CountUnitsInGroup takes group G returns integer
    local integer I = 0
    local unit U
    loop
        set U = FirstOfGroup(G)
        exitwhen U == null
        set I = I+1
        call GroupRemoveUnit(G, U)
    endloop
    return I
endfunction
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:02 AM   #5
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)

Send a message via MSN to zen87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
You could do it like this:
Collapse JASS:
    local integer I = 0
    local unit U
    loop
        set U = FirstOfGroup(G)
        exitwhen U == null
        set I = I+1
        call GroupRemoveUnit(G, U)
    endloop
    return I
endfunction
that will bring to a side effect -.- all the unit will be removed after the counting, i'll suggest to do a copy group and so...

for those CasterCast natives, try search for vex's caster system for more information http://wc3campaigns.net/forumdisplay.php?f=588
Old 02-20-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen87
that will bring to a side effect -.- all the unit will be removed after the counting, i'll suggest to do a copy group and so...
Ah, right. Here's the correct way to do it:
Collapse JASS:
    local integer I = 0
    local unit U
    local group G2 = G
    loop
        set U = FirstOfGroup(G2)
        exitwhen U == null
        set I = I+1
        call GroupRemoveUnit(G2, U)
    endloop
    return I
endfunction
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 02-20-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #7
shadow1500
STARCRAFT II OMFG

Submissions (9)

shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)

Send a message via ICQ to shadow1500 Send a message via AIM to shadow1500 Send a message via MSN to shadow1500

I don't see why would you want to create a new function for it when the BJ works just fine and does it a lot faster. You have an error in your function:
Collapse JASS:
local group G2 = G
This statement does not clone the group, it sets the reference of G2 to G which would cause your code below to corrupt the original. In order to use this iteration method, you must clone the group by using GroupAddGroup to add the original into a newly created group and then iterate through that one. Also, the clone group must be destroyed and nullified, which you didn't do at the end of your function.
shadow1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #8
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Damn. I concede; I've failed.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #9
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Collapse JASS:
function LawlICanCount takes group g returns integer
    set bj_groupCountUnits = 0
    call ForGroup(g, function CountUnitsInGroupEnum)
    return bj_groupCountUnits
endfunction
I like this way better. :P