wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-14-2005, 04:17 AM   #1
KingGigli
User

KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)

Send a message via MSN to KingGigli

Well I just noticed something. I was flipping through a Mens Health magazine and I noticed that all the pictures are totally ripped men with huge bulging packages. Well let me get this straight. A magazine with the word Men on the cover not accompanied by "Naked" has no women in it. The only woman I saw was groping a extremely muscular guy.

Now this got me thinking. So naturally I go to the news stand and buy a Cosmo(man I get weird looks) and open it up excitedly. I find that a magazine ment for women has barely no pictures of men but only pictures of women.

Ofcourse maybe the magazine makers are doing this to show the readers (male for Mens Health and female for Cosmo) what they should look like. But wouldnt you rather see pictures of the opposite sex (assuming your attracted to them) that are really hot? Wouldnt that make you want to get in shape and get healthy more so you can possibly have a chance with a man or woman like that? Besides one day a horny twelve year old is going to get a nasty surprise.

But I know the cause of this! Its television! Think about it. TV tells us what we should do, eat, smell, look at, fornicate, fart on, listen to and what to taste. It also tells us what we have to look like. This makes no sense. Everyone cant be good looking. If everyone was then only the people with talent in their proffesion (singing, acting etc) would get jobs! You would no longer see Britney Spears or Jennifer Lopez doing anything! They would be regular people (except Ms. Spears she is trailor trash).

This brings me to a point. TV has warped us. It tells us who we are attracted to. Can you imagine how hard it is for a ugly person to get a date when she thinks that theres a extremely hot guy from a boy band out there for her? Well there aint. Rich and famous people go out with rich and famous people (then they get drunk, make out, do something illegal, break up. Its a vicious circle.) not regular people with regular pay.

This brings me to my original point. If TV would shut up and let us make our choices of what we should look like and who we should be attracted to then the world would be a happier place.

P.S. Also there is a tribe in the Amazon where the women base their attraction on the wieght of the man. Thats right. See what happens when your not affected by TV?
Old 05-14-2005, 05:30 AM   #2
blackheart723
User

blackheart723 has little to show at this moment (0)

guess that wasn't much of a real story, but i guess you had to let it out. Also, i think this forum is nice to let people speak there mind, though the "mod" might stop this thread.

Anyways, let me give my two cents. Yes, the world of today tries to make people want to be something they don't want to be, and worst, it really makes them think that way. Fact is, we all can't be good looking or have great bodies. But only if we sink down to that level, do we ever feel the need to change like that of what we see.

We buy things we don't need. We do things we don't like. We become something we don't want to be. Why? Because we all want to be accpeted into some clubs no ones knows about. We're afraid to become different, and be happy about what we have. Our minds has been hinted at things like cars we will never need but want, and machines that have no real use.

This isn't to say that everything is bad though. What we do in life, only proves that our life is our own. We may change and become different because of what we see or hear, but this in itself is still ourselves changing. Don't blame anything on what you see or hear, because unless someone is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to change, the choice to be and do are still in your own hand.

I know that a world like today is hard for an individual to be different. Peer pressure and the need for friends are a big issue. I'm not going to say that friends will appear if you stay true to yourself. This is a lie. If you want friends, then get your ass up and talk to people. Don't stand around hoping for the world to see you.

I feel like i'm writing a term paper....TV isn't to blame. You do it because it easier to do than blaming ourselves. We can look at someone better and blame anything, only because we have no faith in ourselves. I know this issue can be agrued both ways, and both are right and wrong. Whatever you chose in life, make it your own choice. That's all i have to say.

...Sorry about the long post....Late nights really get me going.
blackheart723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 06:22 AM   #3
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Um... are we talking about politics?

(I remember seeing my oldest brother with a book called, "5 Reasons Why Television Should be Banned")
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 07:54 AM   #4
decadence
Miffy Is Eat Your Brain For Brekfast =x

Respected User

decadence has little to show at this moment (4)

What does this have to do with anything?

"Also, i think this forum is nice to let people speak there mind, though the "mod" might stop this thread. "

There's this nice new forum they set up for things like these, it's called off-topic.

[locked]
decadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #5
Bladefist
Banned

Bladefist has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-4)

Default This aint a story

Story. I don't think so.
Bladefist is offline   Reply With Quote