wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > Promotional Screenshots
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-10-2006, 02:45 AM   #1
CaptainPicard
User

Submissions (4)

CaptainPicard will become famous soon enough (55)CaptainPicard will become famous soon enough (55)

Approved Map: The Story of the Norj'Hal Elves

Default Inside a Norj'Hal Barracks

I've been working on some playable indoor scenery. Special thanks to Nasrudin and xXMorph3usXx for their superb custom doodads. The terrain is easily pathable to units, and the roofing material is made of decoration destructibles so that I can make them invisible during normal gameplay and not have them interfere in between cinematics.

These shots come from the first floor, which is currently the most complete, although there are more surprises and other well-furnished rooms on the second and third floors. What's more, there's things to find in the basement, and elevators to transport your units in between any of the floors.

(Edit) Daelin's Tiles Pack, and Walls Pack are seen in a lot of these shots, and his pedestals are in my campaign elsewhere. I've been making very good use of his resources as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ArcherHall.JPG (160.1 KB, 425 views)
File Type: jpg ArcherHall2.JPG (145.2 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg Kitchen.JPG (146.6 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg Kitchen2.JPG (143.0 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg Kitchen3.JPG (123.7 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg SwordsmanHall.JPG (153.5 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg SwordsmanHall2.JPG (160.4 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by CaptainPicard : 12-10-2006 at 05:31 PM.
CaptainPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-10-2006, 04:53 AM   #2
weeg
User

weeg has little to show at this moment (9)

Thats sweet whats with the title though ? ("Inside a Norj'Hal Barracks") Also some things that could be better : Needs more detail if this is a barracks then add some extra doodads to take up space like banners armor/weapon racks and/or piles of items.
weeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:49 AM   #3
CaptainPicard
User

Submissions (4)

CaptainPicard will become famous soon enough (55)CaptainPicard will become famous soon enough (55)

Well, I suppose the title is "The Barracks." This is a sub-title, though--the title of the overmap is "The Story of the Norj'Hal Elves: Nightfall in Dajh'Onnar." (This, and several other 'buildings' like it, will be part of a linked map in the style of the Orc-X campaign and "The Story of the Norj'Hal Elves, Act I").

This is a fairly posh barracks, I will concede. But there are weapons, crates, and barrels galore. You can find some in the shots (tons of racked swords, axes, and armor in one of the frames). But, there will be more. I've also got a complete mess hall, where there's all sorts of stuff on the shelves and tables everywhere. Upstairs, where the terrain is complete but for the vaulted ceilings**, is an infirmary and bunks for swordsmen, archers, and officers. On the second floor, half complete, is the head master's war room, complete with plush carpet, desks, paintings, draperies, a trophy case, and James-Bond style trap doors. The basement (complete) contains the brig and some torture devices, including troughs for waterboarding (and a changing station so that Cheney can take his new grandchild downstairs with him). The bit about the waterboarding will be discussed in the actual campaign--the Norj'Hal army isn't all about righteousness and defense of their race's solitude.

Edit: oh, and the reason I don't have too much clutter (there is some, though) is again because this is a playable map, not just a showpiece.

** Yes, vaulted ceilings are not what you'd expect in a barracks. The reason they're there is not for economics but so I can have some camera movement during the cinematics.

Last edited by CaptainPicard : 12-10-2006 at 05:55 AM.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:17 AM   #4
weeg
User

weeg has little to show at this moment (9)

Impressive, Picard, but that seems rather...extravagent for a soldier. Unless of course its part of a palace/keep/fortress/castle in witch case its completely okay. I like how you encorperated everything that a barracks could need all it needs now its some good old fashioned eye candy to make that barracks more lived in. If you make any updates show them to us will you ?

*EDIT*
The arrows are kickass how'd you get them like that?

Doodads and eye candy dont make a map not playable you just need to apply them right (your talking about movement space right?) Because you could always make the terrain have no actual pathing taken up (when placing chairs or small boxes ect) ill assume you already knew that though.

Last edited by weeg : 12-10-2006 at 06:22 AM.
weeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:17 AM   #5
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)

Hero Contest - First place

Cute terrain... I like the way you made the walls. :)

~Daelin

Last edited by Daelin : 12-10-2006 at 07:17 AM.
Daelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:00 AM   #6
kebabmeat
Cowmooflage

Submissions (31)

kebabmeat will become famous soon enough (63)kebabmeat will become famous soon enough (63)kebabmeat will become famous soon enough (63)

I really like the round table! Besides, the arrows is very good! =)
Old 12-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #7
SeruK
I'm the One

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (8)

SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)

Send a message via MSN to SeruK

Much better than the other stuff I've seen/played from your campaign. 0=)

One question though, why the hell dud you choose the nickname CaptainPicard?
Old 12-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #8
xXm0rpH3usXx
I want my rep back! asap

Submissions (35)

xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPicard
ISpecial thanks to Nasrudin and xXMorph3usXx for their superb custom doodads.

isnt that NAsrudins models only? i cant see anything i remember to have modeled...
Old 12-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #9
CaptainPicard
User

Submissions (4)

Oh, Seruk, that was the harshest compliment I think I've gotten around here. But, since you've played my campaign, how would you suggest that I change the terrain? Cinematics? Gameplay? In Act II, I'm incorporating Anitarf and iNfraNe's cinematic system. The terrain will have some more stuff like the snowy wilderness that was most of Act I, but there are improvements there, too. And there will be a lot of stuff like this.

Morph, I've at least downloaded a lot of your stuff.

Daelin, forgot to credit you--those are in fact your walls and of course your tiles, if you were smirking about that. I changed some textures with MDX Pather.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #10
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

Hehe, that's has to be the best kitchen I've seen so far. Fireplace made with walls; never seen that before. :)
Nasrudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #11
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Needs some pillars in the middle of rooms. As is, the rooms are far too wide for the ceiling to hold on it's own.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #12
SeruK
I'm the One

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (8)

SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)

Send a message via MSN to SeruK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPicard
Oh, Seruk, that was the harshest compliment I think I've gotten around here.
Just speaking my opinion. ;P In general it's a very good campaign (except for the cinematics, why not just use the ESC to exit them?!), I just don't like the terrain very much. Too... wc3ish I think. Was a while since I played it though.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #13
CaptainPicard
User

Submissions (4)

Hey Anitarf, pillars sound like a good idea. I'll see what I can do without making these rooms cinematic-unfriendly. That latest framing pack might come in very useful.

Very well, SeruK, I know about that cinematic thing and with my new system I can probably do the ESC feature without messing up the gameply too much. I'll see what I can do. But, if that terrain were wc3ish, I would not have hidden the jagged edges at the bottoms of the tree models, I wouldn't have placed rock models to actually be flush with the ground, and I would have left the buildings so that a castle was about 15' high. Other than that, guilty as charged, this is a WC3 spinoff so I maintained some of the terrain themes.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #14
xXm0rpH3usXx
I want my rep back! asap

Submissions (35)

xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)

how about a carpet?? i mean those in my stonehousekit :P
Old 12-22-2006, 09:17 PM   #15
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
. . .

Submissions (21)

WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)

+ Rep, The walls and the kitchen... everything is well done.
[21-10-16] Ash: WILLTHEALMIGHTY, IT IS NOT SAFE OUT THERE, TAKE THIS!
[21-10-16] Ash gives WILL a kitten.
WILL THE ALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote