wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin
Default Elite Siege Engine - The Übertank

Table:
Team Green Quality presents...
Elite Siege Engine
The Fenrir-class siege engine has been developed by the Ironforge Engineer Corps during the aftermath of the Third War.
With the Troggs and Frostmane trolls all around Ironforge, it was dangerous for King Magni Bronzebeard to leave his city
without heavy guard, and a siege engine capable of incinerating ground targets was the perfect solution. The Fenrir-class
Siege Engine is a heavy support vehicle, often used as a commander on the front lines. Armed with a devastating 150mm
Pounder-class cannon capable of firing mortar shells to incredible distances as well as main combat anti-armor shells, a
deadly Dragonfire-class Flamethrower capable of burning ground targets 30 meters in front of the tank and armor-piercing
Gryphon-class anti-air auto-targeted barrage missiles, it truly is a beast in the battlefield.

Also known as the Übertank. The model was made for the first Paired Modeling\Texturing Contest at the Hive, by me and l0w_kwaliti. We entered under the team name 'Green Quality'.

HUGE thanks, of course, to l0w_kwaliti for helping me out a lot with the model during its creation, teaching me a lot I didn't know about modeling, and of course, for the awesome textures he made for the model!

I'd also like to thank TurieL and his Rifleman Elite model for inspiring me to come up with the idea in the first place, before I joined with l0w_kwaliti for the Paired Modeling\Texturing contest. I think his model is one of the best Warcraft 3 models around here.

The model contains a completely optional external portrait model, featuring the Tank's pilot, which contains a talking animation. You are in no way required to use this external portrait and its accompanying texture, 'EliteSiegeEnginePortrait.blp', as the model features an internal portrait featuring a slightly zoomed-out view on the tank itself. For those who wish to preserve a low file-size in their maps, it is recommended NOT to import "EliteSiegeEngine_Portrait.mdx" and "EliteSiegeEnginePortrait.blp". For those who still have plenty of file-size left to use, however, it is recommended to use the external portrait file as its quality is higher and it is more fitting for a hero unit.

If you use this model, you must credit l0w_kwaliti and myself, Deolrin. Do not modify the model or the texture without mine AND l0w_kwaliti's direct permissions. If neither of us are available on WC3C or the Hive Workshop when you wish to edit this model, I suppose it's fine.

P.S, why doesn't WC3C support uploading RAR archives?
Attached Images
File Type: png EliteSiegeEngine.jpg.png (155.5 KB, 674 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip EliteSiegeEngine.zip (306.8 KB, 809 views)

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:28 AM   #2
Avenger
User

Avenger has little to show at this moment (0)

its the Mercenary siege engine! yeah!
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:47 AM   #3
Balnnazar
User

Balnnazar is on a distinguished road (11)

Send a message via MSN to Balnnazar

Lovely model. I like it. +rep
Balnnazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
EvilNoodle
User

Submissions (1)

EvilNoodle is on a distinguished road (21)

Damn thats a really sexy model.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
TKF
User

TKF is on a distinguished road (10)

Battle Tanks worthy :D
Old 11-19-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
SinisterX
User

Submissions (16)

SinisterX is a jewel in the rough (188)SinisterX is a jewel in the rough (188)SinisterX is a jewel in the rough (188)

That is a lovely tank model. I love your skin and the model itself.
SinisterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:34 AM   #7
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

Very awesome indeed :D

My only beef is that the eyes on the portrait need fixing; he looks severely Wall-Eyed right now.
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Hey AR,

I'm sorry, but I don't think I can fix the eyes. First of all, they are made in the same cartoonish style as the gyrocopter's eyes, and I like the way they look even though they look unrealistic. But what really prevents me from fixing it is that L0w_Kwaliti's texture has eyes on the place where I placed the pupils. I don't know if l0w_kwaliti would like to change his texture, but perhaps I might ask him.
Either way, I'm quite fond of the way they look right now. It's not meant to look realistic, but rather cartoonish and warcraftish.

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #9
CeDiL
User

CeDiL has little to show at this moment (1)

very nice, i like so much your wc3+Own Style that deolrin called cartoonish :)
And the model is great too.
CeDiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #10
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

Those eyes are the only thing bringing down an otherwise seriously awesome model, but that's probably just me. Besides, this has been sitting here for way too long.

~Approved
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #11
CeDiL
User

CeDiL has little to show at this moment (1)

Yaaay! At last!
CeDiL is offline   Reply With Quote