wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #436
SanKakU
User

SanKakU has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-2)

Send a message via AIM to SanKakU Send a message via MSN to SanKakU Send a message via Yahoo to SanKakU

is anayone else having problems with the goblin spells? the tooltip is saying the spider bots can do something while burrowed but they can't do anything...and also incineration doesn't seem to do what it says it does...it slows your hero and lets you do a knockback attack on a percent of your attacks or something like that...
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #437
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)

Send a message via MSN to Fledermaus

I was a bit confused by the Spider Bots at first too but they basically have immolation while burrowed. So you just need to burrow them near the enemy.

Last edited by Fledermaus : 01-11-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:56 AM   #438
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

Well heck, I submitted my lame artless entry, it wouldn't hurt to send yours in Dusk.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
2. Time to Die - D2 Barbarian
3. Too Much Baggage! - D1 Warrior
4. I Gotta Pawn Some of This Stuff! - D1 Warrior
Old 01-18-2010, 02:39 AM   #439
titan23
User

titan23 has little to show at this moment (1)

hey vex/mc, will this hero get released to the public in an editable fashion? i would certainly like to use this hero as is in my map, with credits of course . :D

Last edited by titan23 : 01-18-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:46 AM   #440
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd PlaceModeling session 2 - Chimeras

Send a message via MSN to Mc !

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan23
hey vex/mc, will this hero get released to the public in an editable fashion? i would certainly like to use this hero as is in my map, with credits of course . :D

Well, the model is out... I don't know if Vex will upload the spells in separate and stuff.

Awesomeness = #Rep / #Posts
Old 01-20-2010, 11:52 PM   #441
teuncreemers
User

Submissions (2)

teuncreemers has little to show at this moment (8)

So when does this contest "end"?
End like... public judging poll or something?
Or could anyone give clear information about it, someone that's not guessing but knows 100% what's going on? Could you give some info Dusk?
Old 01-21-2010, 12:20 AM   #442
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

So, what do you guys think would have to happen with this contesT? I know that Dusk wants to know nothing about it.

There are two full submissions, but honestly, I am not interested in such a small competition, I will wait for Av3n/his teammate 's opinion on it since they are the only ones with a full submission besides us. But I really think that given these things it is best to let the contest go and have no winners. It was fun making the hero anyway. Though if they want the poll to go and all, I can do it.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 01-21-2010, 04:52 AM   #443
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

I don't really mind. It's Dusk's final judgement to create the poll etc.

But the incomplete heroes were fun in the last contest (I mean Pyrogasm did get 5th place ^^).

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Old 01-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #444
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

Hero #4 extra-official winner

don't mind neither. But there ould still be a poll without having it as a real contest though.(no awards etc)
Old 01-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #445
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av3n
I don't really mind. It's Dusk's final judgement to create the poll etc.

But the incomplete heroes were fun in the last contest (I mean Pyrogasm did get 5th place ^^).

-Av3n
I will do this:

Every team has one week to submit whatever they may have, then we'll have a poll for fun. I don't think I'll update my submission though ... hmnn I might make it have the triggers split in a newgen friendly way though

On Jan 29th, I'll take whatever there is with a [HERO4] prefix in the pastebin and pull a Schulze poll.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 01-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #446
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

I'll see if Callahan can wrap up the art by then.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
2. Time to Die - D2 Barbarian
3. Too Much Baggage! - D1 Warrior
4. I Gotta Pawn Some of This Stuff! - D1 Warrior
Old 01-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #447
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

HyperActive is on a distinguished road (18)

That's some good news!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:10 PM   #448
teuncreemers
User

Submissions (2)

teuncreemers has little to show at this moment (8)

Yeah well, there doesn't have to be a winner or something.
I'm just disappointed that AnemicRoyalty (+ teamm8) and Callahan didn't post their work. That would give us 3 great submissions already and I got to say that it wouldve become hard to judge those then. And ofc there couldve been more entries but well, even if there wouldve been 3 submissions there could be just a 1st place reward.

All in all I'd say to discuss when the people that entered the contest would be done and just make an unofficial contest out of it or something?
Old 01-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #449
jigrael
Worker Ant

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (36)

jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceBattle Droids Model Competition Winner

I know Dusk is mad at me bout Myriad but I can help him if he wishes. (besides Im not the one who did not reply my last 2 pms)
Old 01-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #450
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I'm not mad at anyone, don't assume silly things. I just don't care anymore.