wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Systems
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-05-2007, 05:41 AM   #1
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)

Default Multibars

Multibars version 1.20

Created by Ammorth

Please give credit if you use this in your map.

Multibars is an easy way to create dynamic and sexy looking progress bars for multiboards.

Included in this version are 11 different bartypes:
  • Build (based on the in-game construction bar)
  • Health (A red health bar)
  • Mana (A blue mana bar)
  • Experience (A purple experience bar)
  • Chunk (A green bar that displays in chunks, rather than smoothly)
  • Radio (A radioactive [yellow and black] bar)
  • Mac (resembles a Mac OS X loading bar)
  • Orange (An orange bar that displays in chunks, but chunks light up vs. appearing)
  • Hearts (Zelda style hearts)
  • Hearts Up (Upgraded Zelda style hearts [white outline])
  • Magic (Zelda style magic meter)

Also included in the pack is the photoshop document with all the borders and fills I used to make the bartypes in the map.

I am willing to make other bartypes on request and include them in different version/packs. Just include a picture or description on what you want it to look like.

As of version 1.20 there is both a standard Jass version and a vJass version. For those who do not have vJass, the Jass version is available.

Download Pack (version 1.20)
Download Jass Map Only (Jass version 1.20)
Download vJass Map Only (vJass version 1.20)

vJass

Expand vJass Read-Me:

Expand vJass Multibars:

Expand vJass MultibarHelper:

Jass

Expand Jass Read-Me:

Expand Jass Multibars:

Expand Jass MultibarHelper:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Multibars Logo.jpg (57.1 KB, 3035 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Multibars v1.20 Jass.w3x (152.8 KB, 752 views)
File Type: w3x Multibars v1.20 vJass.w3x (152.3 KB, 837 views)
File Type: zip Multibars Pack v1.20.zip (377.9 KB, 1100 views)

Last edited by Ammorth : 01-12-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Ammorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-05-2007, 08:50 AM   #2
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Send a message via AIM to Malf

Looks damned sweet. Does it automatically update Health, Mana and Experience bars or do I have to manually do so? I'm hoping it's automatic..
Old 12-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #3
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

im gonna use this for ET2
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)

Currently, all you have to do is call method UpdateValue takes real newvalue, boolean update returns nothing to update it, but I can include linking bars to events (unit health, mana, exp, etc) so then the lazy people don't even need to call it.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
Oglog
User

Submissions (1)

Oglog has little to show at this moment (9)

Send a message via MSN to Oglog

Cool! I challenge you to make verticle ones as well.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #6
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Vertical bars are going to be tricky since there is a small gap between the icons, height-wise. It is possible, but it would look funny with the gaps.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:28 AM   #7
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Lovely!!

This resource would be almost perfect if you could add to the system a way to set a label for each bar, so you can give more customization to this system. If you do that I'll approve it at once.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:17 AM   #8
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Explain what you mean by labels?

The new version is going to have unit bars (bars the update automatically for unit health, mana and exp), and bars are now truly classified as bartypes. You create a bartype with function CreateBarType takes string name, string filetype, string directory, integer divisions returns integer and then use that integer as your type when you create new bars.

Last edited by Ammorth : 12-06-2007 at 03:18 AM.
Ammorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #9
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

I'm guessing he means put some text either on the bar or besides the bar.
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #10
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Send a message via AIM to Malf

I'm gonna wait on the new version ^^

I pray you could code linked experience bars, I don't know how to get the max exp needed for the next level and I think there's no GetExpRequiredToLevel(unit) function :P
Old 12-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #11
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammorth
Explain what you mean by labels?

The new version is going to have unit bars (bars the update automatically for unit health, mana and exp), and bars are now truly classified as bartypes. You create a bartype with function CreateBarType takes string name, string filetype, string directory, integer divisions returns integer and then use that integer as your type when you create new bars.
For example, If I want to use your library to manage ammo, I'd want to put a label to the left or right side of the bar which indicates that bar is for ammo.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #12
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
I pray you could code linked experience bars, I don't know how to get the max exp needed for the next level and I think there's no GetExpRequiredToLevel(unit) function :P
There is no function like that, nor can you pull the required values to calculate it straight out of constants. You'd have to adjust that calculation for each individual map, which while inconvenient, is the only way to do it.

Quote:
For example, If I want to use your library to manage ammo, I'd want to put a label to the left or right side of the bar which indicates that bar is for ammo.
I think the general use of this is being able to incorporate it into already made multiboards as an additional row/column. It would be terribly static and useless if all the system did was create a new multiboard and the only thing it does is update the bars. If made properly, anyone that uses it would be able to mod their current MB to include a label should they desire it. I don't think that parameter should be encompassed by this system.

By the way, this is a cute system.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #13
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
There is no function like that, nor can you pull the required values to calculate it straight out of constants. You'd have to adjust that calculation for each individual map, which while inconvenient, is the only way to do it.

Actually, the new (yet to be released) version does detect the XP required for the next upgrade without changing any constants (except for a max level). The idea revolves around a unit who has their level set will have the minimum XP to get to that level, which is the required XP for that particular level.

Collapse JASS:
globals
    private integer array GXPForLevel
    private integer DummyHeroUnit = 'Hpal'
endglobals

private function GetMaxXP takes integer level returns integer
    local unit u
    set level = level + 1
    if level <= 1 then
        return 0
    endif
    if GXPForLevel[level] == 0 then
        set u = CreateUnit(Player(12), DummyHeroUnit, 0., 0., 0.)
        call SetHeroLevel(u, level, false)
        set GXPForLevel[level] = GetHeroXP(u)
        call RemoveUnit(u)
        set u = null
    endif
    return GXPForLevel[level]
endfunction

This function takes the current level of the unit and returns the XP required for the next level-up (level 1, returns level 2 requirement). A level less than 2 requires 0 XP.

I think I will include labels, only because the health, mana, and XP bars are already automatic. It would be a waste of calculations for a person to then find the values outside the system and update the board.

Look for the new version some-time tonight or tomorrow evening. If you have any ideas for bartypes, tell me now, and I may include them in the next release.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:33 AM   #14
JetFangInferno
I Break Chopsticks

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (71)

JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)

very unique and will greatly benefit the warcraft modding community. +rep.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:35 AM   #15
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
The idea revolves around a unit who has their level set will have the minimum XP to get to that level, which is the required XP for that particular level.
That works I suppose, but it's rather clunky. Well shit though, the very fact it works is enough to merit its use. Reminds me of how Pitzer once did the GetItemCost function. (At least I think that's what it was... It used the same method you used, basically) Whatever works dude, rock on.