wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Terrain
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-16-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
Xain
User

Xain has little to show at this moment (0)

So I have a problem, I've seen many amazing screen shots of terrain with the world editor but what about it inside the actual game? In the world editor all you have to do is hold left control zoom out to view as far as you want, but in the actual game there seems to be a radius around your unit of blue sky that you can't see past, then as you walk toward it the terrain edges into view. Is there a way to max out the sight in game or will my fully adjustable 3rd person cam be wasted?

Also if you care to know my cam works with left and right arrow keys for rotation
Up and down keys for angle of attack
Abilities to zoom in and out

p.s. If I made another thread with the same material as this its cause my browser bugged T_T
Xain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
PurgeandFire111
User

PurgeandFire111 will become famous soon enough (58)PurgeandFire111 will become famous soon enough (58)

Use this:
Trigger:
Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Far Z to 12000.00 over 0.00 seconds

Modify the far Z value. However, this can cause major framerate lag if it gets too high and there are too many doodads/destructibles or whatever in sight.
PurgeandFire111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
2-P
la la la

Terrain Moderator

Submissions (14)

2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)

The maximum FarZ is 10000 btw, even if you can set it up to 20000 with triggers, afaik.
2-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:15 AM   #4
Xain
User

Xain has little to show at this moment (0)

I...love you... For a while I thought no one was going to enlighten me, but awesome, with this I've got my vigor back!

hehe... and now I am back to ask about the black fog like view that covers the terrain a distance out of your sight. I thought at first it was the fog I had enabled but I disabled it in map options and its still there, even the visibility modifier does nothing. I'm still trying different things but I might as well ask here too xD

Last edited by Xain : 02-22-2010 at 03:36 AM.
Xain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
2-P
la la la

Terrain Moderator

Submissions (14)

2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)

If you disable the fog in the map options it will still apply the default black fog in-game. You'll have to set the start and and end value to +10000 in the map options or via triggers (Environment - Set Fog).
2-P is offline   Reply With Quote