wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-06-2009, 04:04 AM   #16
Raj91
User

Raj91 has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolrin
Dude... the path must be "Textures\Red_Footman.blp".

Both the path in the import manager and the path in the MDL file. After you set the path to "Textures\Red_Footman.blp" in Notepad, convert the MDL back to MDX.

Thanks for taking the time to try to help me, but Im not that big of a noob. I checked, just to make sure after you posted and they both have ".blp" after the name, both in notepad and in import manager. (+ Rep for giving suggestion )!!

-----------------------------------------------
I will give rep to anyone who gives a good suggestion!
Raj91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #17
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I'm sorry, but I opened your testmap and you didn't listen to me at all. You didn't even change the texture path from "war3mapImported\Red Footman.blp" to what I told you to, "Textures\Red_Footman.blp"

Read this if you're still confused.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #18
Raj91
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
I'm sorry, but I opened your testmap and you didn't listen to me at all. You didn't even change the texture path from "war3mapImported\Red Footman.blp" to what I told you to, "Textures\Red_Footman.blp"

Read this if you're still confused.

Yes I did, But when I rename it to "Textures\Red_Footman.blp" and saved the map, It would not open back up. So I had to post the map without the texture renamed otherwise no one would be able to open it. Sorry for the confusion. Also thank you for taking the time to look at my map, but did you get the model to show in the game? If you did then maybie my computer is whats screwing up. I have been using WE for 5 years on the same computer, so thats not very likly, but still possible I guess.

Last edited by Raj91 : 12-07-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Rising_Dusk
This message has been deleted by Rising_Dusk. Reason: Wait
Old 12-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #19
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

It appears that the model you're trying to use is corrupted and crashes Wc3. If you import it correctly and it crashes, then that is plain to see.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:36 AM   #20
Raj91
User

Quote:
It appears that the model you're trying to use is corrupted and crashes Wc3. If you import it correctly and it crashes, then that is plain to see.

If I change the texture on the same model that is screwing up to a blizzard texture and it works, would that mean that the model is not corrupted?

PS: I can't stand not figuring things out.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:40 AM   #21
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

It is a problem with the model, not the texture. You can put the red footman texture on the normal footman if you'd like and it would work, but that model you have is corrupted. There's nothing to figure out.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:57 AM   #22
Raj91
User

Quote:
It is a problem with the model, not the texture. You can put the red footman texture on the normal footman if you'd like and it would work, but that model you have is corrupted. There's nothing to figure out.

So If I make another model ( using magos model editor with footman as base ) It should work? Because If so that would be great, that would solve all my problems.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:38 AM   #23
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Yes, that should be fine.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:16 AM   #24
Raj91
User

Quote:
Yes, that should be fine.

Yep, that was it. Thank you so much for taking the time to put up with me and help me out. I'd give you mega ultra rep if I could. Thanks again.

------------------This thread is now obsolete--------------------