wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2006, 08:47 AM   #31
Feanor
User

Feanor has little to show at this moment (4)

Wow there's a lot of discussion about this. Now I know that I'm never going to get any of my maps approved on here :)
(I suck with the campaign editor) Nice map but gets boring after playing for too long. Original though, I have to say more then I could make.
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #32
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor
Wow there's a lot of discussion about this. Now I know that I'm never going to get any of my maps approved on here :)
(I suck with the campaign editor) Nice map but gets boring after playing for too long. Original though, I have to say more then I could make.

Thanks for the comment, I hope to implement a gamemode or 2 more in the next release to make the replayability bigger.

Now concerning the random movement part again Taur had a look at it and from what I could understand the way I made my movement stuff the speed up/down stuff couldnt be made properly, there was no time for the wheel to do it before issued another order, so I resolved to having a 0.15 sec pause where the wheel does not move at all before going to a new destination. This only aplys to the timed movement and not the region movement there also is, it was better that way I figured after alot of testing. This gives you a small amount of time to react to possible dangers, this is all I can do to that I am afraid, if that is not enough, then, well.....
ragingspeedhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:46 PM   #33
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

Yah what raging said, making the wheel turn slow and then speed up, would be rather difficult seeing as how there is next to no time for it to speed up before it turns again.

And about the way it turns, it's not at all random, the move system is very systematic.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:15 AM   #34
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

It's allright, you did your best.

I approve this nice little map.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:40 PM   #35
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
It's allright, you did your best.

I approve this nice little map.

Great

1.7 will be a bit delayed though as I will be away the next 10 days or so on Roskilde Festival, I have no access to the net at all in that time
Old 06-28-2006, 07:17 PM   #36
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

darn this was fun. I approve this map. that's 3/3 welcome to the maps section.

Edit: A way to restart the map without quiting the game / rehosting it would be cool for next version
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:45 PM   #37
Taur

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

lol, I guess raging made it in, even without my cool little tweaks, coming next version ^^. 1.7 will have a team mode option I think... sssshhh dont tell raging I told you .

And the restarting map thing is done on purpose, I asked raging, he said he wanted to make people host the game more, giving a restart button means less hosts...

btw congrats raging

Last edited by Taur : 06-28-2006 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #38
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

Wauw I just checked in and saw this, awesome, I am glad you liked the map vex

About the restarting that was on purpose for 2 reasons, one of them being the map would recieve more hosting if not having an restart option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur
lol, I guess raging made it in, even without my cool little tweaks, coming next version ^^. 1.7 will have a team mode option I think... sssshhh dont tell raging I told you .

btw congrats raging

Hehe no problem Taur and thanks!
Old 07-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #39
PhoenixFeather
User

PhoenixFeather has little to show at this moment (7)

I think I've found a bug. Whenever you have used your Extra Life item, you can put another item in that slot and it still works as an Extra Life. I think I died 7 or 8 times and winning the map using that method.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:42 PM   #40
Taur

yes I noticed that with the coding, it takes the charges of the 1st item in the slot for some reason, we're fixing that for 1.7
Old 06-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #41
TheWye
User

TheWye is on a distinguished road (11)

hahaha this map is fun especially if your friends are the quite crazy types lolz. Its small, simple and cute :)

btw, looking at your signature is like getting a perma aerial shackles....... *droooool....*

SetTextTagTextSetTextTagTextSetTextTagText
TheWye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #42
Malcous
User

Malcous has little to show at this moment (0)

Great map :)
Malcous is offline   Reply With Quote