wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > Modeling Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2005, 04:01 AM   #16
darkness50

me too
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-01-2005, 07:33 PM   #17
runtmaster2
User

runtmaster2 has little to show at this moment (0)

good ty aznwhore that helps alot
runtmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:00 PM   #18
Dudeed

I got this footman to animate like a blademaster now. :\
Old 03-05-2005, 12:51 PM   #19
deep_dheep
User

deep_dheep has little to show at this moment (0)

can i use 3ds max 7???
its the only one i have... o_O
deep_dheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 12:14 AM   #20
Dudeed

What are you talking about? o_O

My Avatar? o_O
Old 03-27-2005, 03:01 AM   #21
luckyownz92
User

luckyownz92 has little to show at this moment (0)

I got up to the Animating part (WHICH IS KILLING MY NECK!!!). I have a question do the boxes dissapear when you set them as bones ?
luckyownz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 05:39 AM   #22
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)

Hero Contest - First place

Obviously they should... After all, they don't appear in wc3. However, when I tried to use the boxes and link them, after that when I moved the bones the model wouldn't follow. That's frustrating and I don't get it why!

Deep_dheed... Yes you can (atleast I think). But you will need Dex's exporter (I have it as well even though I don't use it). Art tools don't work with max greater than 5 or lower than 4. So, you may not preview it or use the special emmiters (I find these the best additions... oh, and the warcraft material as well).

~Daelin

Daelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 09:43 PM   #23
TheMinishCap

im confused :(
Old 06-21-2005, 08:22 AM   #24
petergriffen711

hi everyone im here to tell u somethings about 3dmax and gmax........ gmax (yes i know its used to add stuff into games) isnt really all that great is it? i mean it does not have the bip functions that 3dmax does and to get right to the point gmax has hardly any things that 3dmax has... i have a class that i take everyday that uses 3dmax so i go a question for u all.......

how come u cant use a bip to make the mesh move? does it have to be bones?
i mean.... come on a bip has all those things made so wouldnt it be easier to just do it with a bip?

another question i have...... how do u set the walk speed of the unit to wc3? and what EXACTLY do u have to do to make it part of the game.........

ok off topic now........... how do u import SC (star craft) skins into wc3.. any info will be much appreciated and thank u for taking the time to read this.......... (i cant believe it.... im almost there to making games.. lol.... i wonder?..... will there ever be a warcraft 4 due to all these new things coming out for wc3) well thanks again and hope to get some advice

thanks
Old 07-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #25
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)

Hero Contest - First place

Warcraft 4? Who knows? And as for the Starcraft skins, it must be warcraft 3 style, in blp form and attached to the model of course (model file must have correct UV and path). So I don't know what you mean by importing starcraft skins. If you mean resources from wc3sear.ch, you should check an import skin tutorial. Must be one somewhere...

The walk speed? I think the game actually adjusts the animation speed. So make a good animation speed, and I guess at high speeds the game will adjust it. Make it move normal on the model.

About bip, I didn't ever get a model animation work (hehe, atleast not on characters only effects and through keyframe) so I can't help you here. ;)

~Daelin

Daelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:42 PM   #26
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

You should submit the finalized model!
Dionesiist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #27
Moogleface
User

Moogleface has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Moogleface

Hmmmm, Is there anyone that can give me an editor to edit colors on a unit's flat picture thingie, Using tools not coding, And t needs to be free, I dont trust psying the internet :P Well, aanyway, email me the link at patroldude@hotmail.com
-thanks!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 02:31 AM   #28
Raq_Thao
User

Raq_Thao has little to show at this moment (0)

I think your exporter link is broken.
Raq_Thao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #29
Meai
User

Submissions (3)

Meai has little to show at this moment (1)

Wow this tutorial is WAY too difficult for beginners. Pls explain things more, and give us a download link to ur model used in the tutorial.
Meai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:34 AM   #30
Naminator_X_
User

Naminator_X_ has little to show at this moment (0)

Where i could find 3D Studio Max 5...i searched google and live.com for trial version i just want to make 2-3 models with it and delete it...i have 3d studio max 9 trial...but i cannot install art tools in it :( so...from where i can find 3ds max 5...trial or some other edition..help please...you can PM if you want
Naminator_X_ is offline   Reply With Quote