wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 11:59 PM   #31
Crystalking52
User

Crystalking52 has little to show at this moment (0)

I just said that (I wanting it to be released), and i have his pocket factory and robo goblin icons, along with his hero icon, the passive tower ability and the robo goblin off icon if anyone is interested.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-02-2004, 01:33 AM   #32
leppy
User

leppy is on a distinguished road (20)

definitely fake.... according to this, someone could make two accounts, use them both as one ogre, and just play by himself with an ogre that would have the life of two characters combined.

i wish it was real though... the ogre would be fun to play if they could find a way to make it fair. and the tinker is cool. that may be real... :D
Old 04-02-2004, 02:22 AM   #33
Boobles
User

Boobles has little to show at this moment (0)

Well, obviously both are April Fools day because i have checked them out on WoW and Frozen Throne, Blizzard would do something like this for an April fools joke
Old 04-02-2004, 04:01 AM   #34
tha_chump
User

tha_chump has little to show at this moment (0)

the orge text is hillarious

Quote:
Sharing a single body with another player can produce an mutually enlightening, symbiotic relationship

Quote:
You and your second head will naturally be spending a lot of time together, and you may find one of your biggest challenges to be learning to cooperate and coexist with your lifelong soul mate.

Quote:
each Two-headed Ogre will get its own channel so that both heads can better make personal decisions and confer privately about things like what quest to do next, what monster to target, and what direction to move in.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:11 AM   #35
Nakou the Saiyan
User

Nakou the Saiyan has little to show at this moment (0)

Hey, look at the third screenshot thumbnail on the goblin page. In the thumbnail, his portrait and icon are colored red. When you click on the screen and look at the full image, they are colored grey.

This makes it definately look like a doctored screenshot unfortunately. I'm sure its April fools day joke anyway, they do it every year. I'll bet both are fake. Anyway, I'm comforted in the fact we will see the Goblin Tinkerer one way or another...

[OFFTOPIC]This is a bit off topic, but Wotc put up a message saying they were changing the name of Magic: The Gathering due to copyright problems with the Orlando Magic LOL... Off course that one is a fake too...

A friend of mine's father woke her up this morning and told her her car was being stolen, and had his friend drive off with it right as she got out the door.[/OFFTOPIC]

I love April Fools!
Old 04-02-2004, 11:01 AM   #36
Mozared
User

Mozared is on a distinguished road (20)

QUOTE=Berry2K

Whoever thinks the ogre is real really has an IQ below 50.
>>>we'l see

The tinker won't be introduced as a neutral hero either of course, but we can hope they'll release the model (I think they made a new model; wouldn't take them too long and they went through quite some trouble with april 1st jokes previous years...)
>>> jep, though it's gonna be one way or another yes...

Remember the pandaren empire anyone? There were a LOT of idiots going around shouting things like 'It's real! They wouldn't go through all the trouble to fabricate pics like that!", or perhaps even "They're just saying this so everyone will *think* this is a joke, but it isn't, really!!!
>>> and what happened? they're here... voila.

Anyway, back to the Ogre:
1) Blizzard is not going to add in a whole new race this late.
>>>why not? this would add so much a new playstyle, and if they also add a new alliance race, it would be great fun - more people buy it - blizzards target.
2) It would be EASY as hell for blizzard to have a player control the ogre model, and face it, the chat wouldn't be hard to fix up either, now would it? Even the stormcraft (warezed WoW Alpha guys) could fix up screenies like that.
>>> guess that, but check out the tinker pics... lot's off bugs in there, and i can't find any serious in these pictures, so...
3) 2 players controlling one character really wouldn't work.. what if one isn't online? What if you get an argument and one doesn't want to play anymore? How do you handle combat? It's just sillyness to think they'll really include the ogre.
>>>You didn't even read the text like most of you, it CLEARLY states "if a player will be offline, his head will be asleep and his body will half limb", somebody back here even STATED that, try to read the whole post before replieing. and if somebody doesn't want to play anymore, his side will just be asleep forever, or you pick another character. and how you do handle combat? one doing walking, both hitting, proberly one casting and one being melee.

Blizzard is known to add things from their April 1st jokes in their games as easter-eggs though; so this may not be the last we've heard of the Tinker or the ogre :)
>>>Yep, as I just stated, and my conclusion is it will be added... it looks to worked out for me, also, if it's jsut april fools, wouldn't they have gotten it of the site by now? it's 2 april here, 13:51 and still on the site.
though i named good arguments, you can also name back like the fact that the ogre + discription is ONLY on the us version of the site (they ARE on the mainpage, but the discription is not on the WOW page), and in non of the other... the tinker ISN'T even discripted in i believe korea, and another language...

>>>conclusion: i think 50/50, since there are very strong FOR arguments and also very strong AGAINST arguments...

/QUOTE

Mozared
Old 04-02-2004, 11:37 AM   #37
Balthamos
User

Balthamos has little to show at this moment (4)

Grrr, I didn't even think about it being April Fool's day when I read it, I was too caught up in the cool concepts of the Ogre :(. Although I wasn't interested in playing him myself, I was interested in what the alliance equivalent would be and just seeing an ogre player walking around would be so cool. I'm thinking...two dwarves, like a mortar team, fighting together for the alliance version :P just kidding. Maybe a dwarven robot perhaps...hmmm...anyway, I think they're both jokes though, unfortunately, the ogre did look cool but they did say that there'd only be 8 races, when they finished with the trolls. The goblin looks cool, but a bit silly I think...definately fake though...(why is he controlling an army of sheep? I mean, I've heard of strategies going wrong but...what the?)
Old 04-02-2004, 12:14 PM   #38
Mozared
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthamos
Grrr, I didn't even think about it being April Fool's day when I read it, I was too caught up in the cool concepts of the Ogre :(. Although I wasn't interested in playing him myself, I was interested in what the alliance equivalent would be and just seeing an ogre player walking around would be so cool. I'm thinking...two dwarves, like a mortar team, fighting together for the alliance version :P just kidding. Maybe a dwarven robot perhaps...hmmm...anyway, I think they're both jokes though, unfortunately, the ogre did look cool but they did say that there'd only be 8 races, when they finished with the trolls. The goblin looks cool, but a bit silly I think...definately fake though...(why is he controlling an army of sheep? I mean, I've heard of strategies going wrong but...what the?)

Well, like we said, it isn't even 100% sure it's a joke jet... since it's now 2 april and it's still on the site, they're discussing this fact in the WoW forums ATM, where i just signed up :D

Mozared
Old 04-02-2004, 01:30 PM   #39
Boobles
User

Boobles has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozared
Well, like we said, it isn't even 100% sure it's a joke jet... since it's now 2 april and it's still on the site, they're discussing this fact in the WoW forums ATM, where i just signed up :D

Mozared
It is 100% joke, its not displayed on the Korean Page and I've Checked it out on WoW, that is an easy Copy and paste on that ogre anyway... so there is not much of a point to dicuss this
Old 04-02-2004, 01:49 PM   #40
Mozared
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobles
It is 100% joke, its not displayed on the Korean Page and I've Checked it out on WoW, that is an easy Copy and paste on that ogre anyway... so there is not much of a point to dicuss this

Why is everybody bitching about things like "i haven't seen the ogre in wow" and "the tinker is not in tft!" blizzard states CLEARLY that beta testers will see the ogre appearing WITHIN THE FOLLOWING WEEKS, not even one day has past... and about the tinker, they stated clearly again, "it will come to you within the next patch" BUT THERE'S NO PATCH JET SO YOU CANT KNOW!!!

So both of these are no excuse, and also i just found something off more hope: normally the info of the ogre would link you to the wow community then to the town hall, but check out what i found at the german site: http://www.blizzard.de/wow1/2-headed-oger.shtml

Mozared
Old 04-02-2004, 04:01 PM   #41
Crystalking52
User

Say, my friend gave me this site Here and when i saw it i said to myself "I bet they doctored the pics" when i relized that maybe both are real and blizzard tried to trick us by doctoring the goblin pics on purpose so we could say "look! It's all doctored so it is fake!" or the pics are just plain fake. But.... food for though. (Sorry if this is confusing, but.... it is getting more tricky every second)
Old 04-02-2004, 04:07 PM   #42
Mozared
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalking52
Say, my friend gave me this site Here and when i saw it i said to myself "I bet they doctored the pics" when i relized that maybe both are real and blizzard tried to trick us by doctoring the goblin pics on purpose so we could say "look! It's all doctored so it is fake!" or the pics are just plain fake. But.... food for though. (Sorry if this is confusing, but.... it is getting more tricky every second)

They tricked those since they're not in (jet)... admins of servers can change certain models...

Nicely done though, i know the site :D

Mozared
Old 04-02-2004, 04:20 PM   #43
Crystalking52
User

I looked at the pandaren race page and noticed nothing wrong with the pics, yet they were fake, now i look at the goblin tinker and notice several things wrong, perhaps blizzard IS trying to trick us because he is real? It's your choice if you believe what i say or not. *I still think there is a big chance of him being fake though*
Old 04-02-2004, 04:23 PM   #44
Xaran Alamas
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Xaran Alamas will become famous soon enough (54)Xaran Alamas will become famous soon enough (54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalking52
I looked at the pandaren race page and noticed nothing wrong with the pics, yet they were fake, now i look at the goblin tinker and notice several things wrong, perhaps blizzard IS trying to trick us because he is real? It's your choice if you believe what i say or not. *I still think there is a big chance of him being fake though*
Pandaren Empire: Used already existing models in the game.

Sp00ky says:
as you know I'm working on a fanfic
HandCLAW says:
RUN, XARAN! RUN!
Old 04-02-2004, 04:38 PM   #45
Crystalking52
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaran Alamas
Pandaren Empire: Used already existing models in the game.

Back when it was announced we didn't know they were existing.
Closed Thread