wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 06:17 PM   #16
Cookie
User

Respected User

Submissions (4)

Cookie will become famous soon enough (26)

Well, both would be cool, but the ogre features is most likely not real as it would be unpractical in use (like who controls when you have two palyers? player a moves the legs and players two uses the hands?) =P

Lets see later on what will happen. ^_^
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-01-2004, 06:30 PM   #17
Mozared
User

Mozared is on a distinguished road (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie
Well, both would be cool, but the ogre features is most likely not real as it would be unpractical in use (like who controls when you have two palyers? player a moves the legs and players two uses the hands?) =P

Lets see later on what will happen. ^_^

Might be big pic, though i found it on their site:

As you can see on the big which is real(?), it states that they're argueing about the control, so that would mean both players could walk, but they should let either one of them do it, otherwise it'l just look weird...

By the way, My favorite sentence i've read about the ogres is:
"Since both heads speak with this single name, there is no way for other players to know which of the heads within one body is speaking. Thus, it is important to discuss these external communications internally first to avoid appearing schizophrenic. "

Just imagine you see an ogre:

Mozared: hey hello
Mozared: hi
You: hello ogre man
Mozared: lol
Mozared: hehe
Mozared: i was going to say that
Mozared: shut up now it looks screwed up
You: huh
Mozared: what looks screwed up?
Mozared: the chat ofcourse!

that would be absolute ogre ownage :D

Mozared
Old 04-01-2004, 06:55 PM   #18
Sheep(Wolf2)
User

Sheep(Wolf2) has little to show at this moment (0)

I think that even if Blizzard doesn't make the Goblin someone else probably can. As for the ogre it seems alot like in some games I believe one player controls the gun for a tank and the other player drives the tank. So this may be possible. Blizzard probably might do the ogre and let both players control it to add to confusion making it seem like the ogre is stupid and can't control itself very well. Both of them might be possible with a bit of work.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:58 PM   #19
Mozared
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep(Wolf2)
I think that even if Blizzard doesn't make the Goblin someone else probably can. As for the ogre it seems alot like in some games I believe one player controls the gun for a tank and the other player drives the tank. So this may be possible. Blizzard probably might do the ogre and let both players control it to add to confusion making it seem like the ogre is stupid and can't control itself very well. Both of them might be possible with a bit of work.

Let's pray for the ogre... i would SO love to see that one in-game...

Mozared
Old 04-01-2004, 07:08 PM   #20
Sheep(Wolf2)
User

Actually I just thought about how many problems this would come up if there were a 2 headed ogre. A tank is only controlled by 2 players when they get into it, but the ogre would ALWAYS be controlled by 2 players. The problem would be finding who to be the other person to be the ogre with you when you decide to pick the ogre. The other problem is if one player is on but the other is not then how would that work?
Old 04-01-2004, 07:20 PM   #21
Wolf Boy
User

Wolf Boy has little to show at this moment (0)

Didnt anyone read the information on the ogre? I did, it said when 1 player is offline the second head will be sleeping and ur ogre will limp. as for controlling, each head controls 1 arm and 1 leg and the head. Happy?
Old 04-01-2004, 07:34 PM   #22
Sheep(Wolf2)
User

Ok yea. Guess I'll just go read it now/ ^_^
Old 04-01-2004, 07:35 PM   #23
Marco Polaris
User

Marco Polaris is on a distinguished road (10)

Well, I think this picture of the two-headed ogres is definitely fake.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.net/info/...ogres/ss02.jpg

Plus, there's the whole part where the conversations sound like one guy messing around while the other's hopelessly trying to keep it together. The dialog, when coupled with the picture, seems very scripted indeed.

If this two-headed ogre thing is real, great for those who want it, but I'd rather have a character to myself. Maybe if they had one-headed ogres, too, I'd be okay with it.

I can't access battle.net right now, so I haven't even the slightest clue what the Tinker's like. (squirms in curiosity)
Old 04-01-2004, 07:36 PM   #24
Mozared
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep(Wolf2)
Ok yea. Guess I'll just go read it now/ ^_^

... :

LOL

<<<edit>>> posted JUST after you, otherguywhopostedabove me... to repeat to you: the only thing about fakeness that worries me on the pic is the strange "fall" animation BEHIND the ogre, for the rest i've seen that the pic/place (not mentioning the ogre and the chat thingies) exist, check out the screenshots of just WoW for yourself...
for the rest - i can imagine some people like solitary characters ofcourse, but since my best friend WANTS to play NE and i WANT to play troll, there's no way for us to join up. though this would be THE solution, thats why i hope it's not fake...

Oh and about the tinker - it's fake for sure, i don't care that much about him, but it's fake... read the other quotes in this post for pretty strong arguments why it's fake...

Mozared
Old 04-01-2004, 07:51 PM   #25
Sheep(Wolf2)
User

Yea but the Goblin Tinkerer is possibly easier to make. If they don't make it someone like Darky probably will because he's made so much goblin stuff already.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:59 PM   #26
ThyFlame
User

Submissions (1)

ThyFlame is on a distinguished road (10)

I'm inclined to agree... a modeler could remake that without a lot of difficulty and a lot of mappers can remake those abilities.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:13 PM   #27
Berry2K
User

Berry2K has little to show at this moment (1)

Whoever thinks the ogre is real really has an IQ below 50. The tinker won't be introduced as a neutral hero either of course, but we can hope they'll release the model (I think they made a new model; wouldn't take them too long and they went through quite some trouble with april 1st jokes previous years... Remember the pandaren empire anyone? There were a LOT of idiots going around shouting things like 'It's real! They wouldn't go through all the trouble to fabricate pics like that!", or perhaps even "They're just saying this so everyone will *think* this is a joke, but it isn't, really!!!

Anyway, back to the Ogre:
1) Blizzard is not going to add in a whole new race this late.
2) It would be EASY as hell for blizzard to have a player control the ogre model, and face it, the chat wouldn't be hard to fix up either, now would it? Even the stormcraft (warezed WoW Alpha guys) could fix up screenies like that.
3) 2 players controlling one character really wouldn't work.. what if one isn't online? What if you get an argument and one doesn't want to play anymore? How do you handle combat? It's just sillyness to think they'll really include the ogre.

Blizzard is known to add things from their April 1st jokes in their games as easter-eggs though; so this may not be the last we've heard of the Tinker or the ogre :)
Old 04-01-2004, 10:20 PM   #28
johnfn
Taur is... MY SISTER!!!

Respected User

Submissions (3)

johnfn has a spectacular aura about (129)

Send a message via AIM to johnfn

I think that they might (should) release the models of the tinker and his beast form or whatever. You can tell that this is an april fools joke because all of the links lead to the same page.

The ogre is a nice touch, though. The whole site has all the stuff the other sites have, making it look authentic. Good AF joke, bliz.

Taur: btw dun tell anyone but I bribed the wc3c admins with a life supply of packaged peanuts to host UL ^^

Taur | Unsung Legends says:
guess what blade?
Blade.dk says:
JOHN IS YO BRO!

Old 04-01-2004, 10:22 PM   #29
Crystalking52
User

Crystalking52 has little to show at this moment (0)

I'd like it being released (and i would like the icons to be released too!)
Old 04-01-2004, 11:54 PM   #30
sc_freek
User

Submissions (11)

sc_freek will become famous soon enough (68)sc_freek will become famous soon enough (68)sc_freek will become famous soon enough (68)

Tinker probably isn't real, besides what everyone else said, there's also no selection circle around the Tinker on the last pic even though it shows his portrait and commands. I hope Blizzard will release the models tho
Closed Thread