wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 01:14 PM   #1
Cookie
User

Respected User

Submissions (4)

Cookie will become famous soon enough (26)

Well, it seems that they got their annual apriljoke again, but this time two for the price of one [?]. Here is a snippit of their post:

Quote:
It's official: Blizzard Entertainment is proud to announce that Two-headed Ogres are now a playable race in World of Warcraft, our upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Giving two separate players simultaneous control of a single body, this new race introduces a unique cooperative gaming experience never before attempted. See them for yourself in this exclusive preview, which includes the first available screenshots and an exciting first look at the innovative new game mechanics. Current beta testers should expect to see this new content added in the coming weeks.

And.......

Quote:
The Goblins are fed up and they aren't going to take anymore! A new neutral hero, the Goblin Tinker, is coming to a Frozen Throne patch near you! Learn more about this amazing, irritable new Hero here.

The first one is WoW - related, allowing people to play together as a two-head ogre on their lands. Needless to say, two heads are always better then two wangs', aint it Blizzard? ^_^

The second one is related to goold old' WC3: TFT. Adding a goblin Tinkerer in the patch, you can now wreak havoc with tha 0wning Goblins!

Yours to decide which is fake, or perhaps even both of them? Needless to say is that WC3Campaigns will gladly provide angry mob equipment for all those who live near Blizzard's office when the Goblin Tinkerer is not in a new patch [Note! Two of those icons are indeed in the old patch information, along side with a few others....perhaps some day we will receive two additional neutral heroes?]. Molotov cocktails are in the first truck, razor-sharp pitchforks are in the second one. If you are ransacking, please remember to bring the peon piggy rider along with you as well. Enjoy!
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-01-2004, 02:32 PM   #2
Crystalking52
User

Crystalking52 has little to show at this moment (0)

Blizzard and their april fools joke, i wish the Goblin hero was real, that would be awesome killing enemy units with cluster rockets!
Old 04-01-2004, 02:34 PM   #3
Devourer
User

Respected User

Devourer has little to show at this moment (0)

That goblin hero is definately not real...they used the same pics of the goblin in the 2 pics and the portrait is the same in all 3 too :p Would be cool tho...

edit: pff nevermind they're not the same -.-
Old 04-01-2004, 02:42 PM   #4
Bezdomniy
User

Bezdomniy has little to show at this moment (9)

Ogre stuff is obviously a fake... The goblin, however, appears to be real. New model, new abilities, new icons etc. - all this is too good to be fake! And btw Pandaren Brewmaster also started as an April fool joke, so why the *** not?
Old 04-01-2004, 02:53 PM   #5
Crystalking52
User

I noticed something funny, in the second pic of the goblin hero attacking an orc town, near the middle of the map was a second hero icon.... but no icon in the upper left. Hmmmm, perhaps they added the goblin heros pic on the screen shot and changed his icon. Also, he has no base, is part of the orcs and has M-sheep.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:24 PM   #6
Andyx
User

Andyx has little to show at this moment (0)

If it was really a joke, it would've not been announced in the blizzard site itself, and the two headed ogre, is also present at the WoW site as well as the community site, so this may not be a joke after all. It can be real!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 03:50 PM   #7
Mozared
User

Mozared is on a distinguished road (20)

Thinker is a joke yes, like people said, things are just to weird. and again, if you look at the (?) pic, you can see the transformed thinker in front of some grunts. they ARE enemy unless some REALLY akward situation occured, and from the point that they are enemy: why don't the grunts auto aim for the thinker? he's not invulnerable or some, and the grunts aren't even TURNED to his side. also the goblin has no shadow which (blizzard knowing) he would have if he was real, so no, no goblin thinker guys.

I'm not sure about the ogre, though i hope it's trough, it would own for sure... though bugs on pictures as i said at the thinker i can't find, so all the pics seem to be real... even if they dont reveal it as an april fools joke within the next 2 weeks or so, then OR
1. the beta testers will have it (like stated)
OR
2. we should see an additional alliance race, since the teams are now unfair and they're gonna change this (if ogre's true). i'm 100% sure they're going to chance it (if ogre's true) cause thats just 100% blizzard, and it would be unbalanced else.

So, want to hear what you think about it. Both would be cool, though the thinker is fake. i guess the ogre's fake as well but i'm hanging on to the fact they said "it's official now" which they shouldn't if it's an aprils fools joke... oh and btw, i saw them talking in the forum about it, but none of the blizzard people in there replied to one of the 50 treads about whether it was fake or not...

Mozared
Old 04-01-2004, 04:50 PM   #8
Crystalking52
User

Mozared does sound right, but my friend said something else that sounded correct.... Why are the humans running away in the third picture? Why are the grunts not attacking the goblin? It could be mozared is right on the second pic, or my friend could be right that both are humans! The humans are running from the goblins in the third pic. No AI would do that, they can easly crush them, but it was a human controled race. That's just a theory though. I personally think the tinker has little to no chance of being real. (I wish it was though) No comments on the ogre.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:07 PM   #9
Cookie
User

Respected User

Submissions (4)

Note that there are icons in the patch mpq that reflect the screenshots (the golden gear and the missile barrage) so there is a small chance that it might be real on some aspects 9the model is real though, only problem is if Blizzard would release it...).

in any case, if its fake i suggest using the molotov cocktails to get foothold into their office and poke their butts with razorsharp pitchforks ^_^
Old 04-01-2004, 05:10 PM   #10
Crystalking52
User

Indeed, i used the golden gear in a map of mine and i noticed the others, perhaps the goblin tinker is true? if so, what could blizzard do with the other icons.... (And yes, i am aware you said this before.)
Old 04-01-2004, 05:13 PM   #11
Lady_Shadow
User

Lady_Shadow has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie
Well, it seems that they got their annual apriljoke again, but this time two for the price of one [?]. Here is a snippit of their post:

And.......

The first one is WoW - related, allowing people to play together as a two-head ogre on their lands. Needless to say, two heads are always better then two wangs', aint it Blizzard? ^_^

The second one is related to goold old' WC3: TFT. Adding a goblin Tinkerer in the patch, you can now wreak havoc with tha 0wning Goblins!

Yours to decide which is fake, or perhaps even both of them? Needless to say is that WC3Campaigns will gladly provide angry mob equipment for all those who live near Blizzard's office when the Goblin Tinkerer is not in a new patch [Note! Two of those icons are indeed in the old patch information, along side with a few others....perhaps some day we will receive two additional neutral heroes?]. Molotov cocktails are in the first truck, razor-sharp pitchforks are in the second one. If you are ransacking, please remember to bring the peon piggy rider along with you as well. Enjoy!

I have an idea cookie you should model edit <whatever> and make it and maybe get darky to make spells and exn to make icons!
i mean it would be pretty dang awsome :)! it would be a Tradgedy if it doesn't get into are hands SOMEHOW!
Old 04-01-2004, 05:15 PM   #12
Cookie
User

Respected User

Submissions (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Shadow
I have an idea cookie you should model edit <whatever> and make it and maybe get darky to make spells and exn to make icons!
i mean it would be pretty dang awsome :)! it would be a Tradgedy if it doesn't get into are hands SOMEHOW!

I want to wait before doing that =P Darky loves Goblin stuff so its most likely that it will be done if Blizzard does not release it.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:16 PM   #13
Mozared
User

I hear nobody commenting on the ogre... i guess this is wc3campaigns and not WoW campaigns, still anyway...

The ogre is what bothers me the most, one new unit in a game, a few tries and well poof your done with him... the ogre would be SO cool if it was there... if i'm getting WoW me and me friend would be him together, but the problem is: is this true, and if it is, are you matched randomly or not?

Mozared
Old 04-01-2004, 05:34 PM   #14
TheGameFreak
User

TheGameFreak has little to show at this moment (0)

the ogre thing is totally stupid, you cant play 1 character with 2 players. But the goblin thing... it seems a lot of work just to be a joke, 3 new models is it, new portrait, some new icons...
They'd be mad to make all that as a joke...
They do seem a little on the powerfull side tho.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:00 PM   #15
Mozared
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGameFreak
the ogre thing is totally stupid, you cant play 1 character with 2 players. But the goblin thing... it seems a lot of work just to be a joke, 3 new models is it, new portrait, some new icons...
They'd be mad to make all that as a joke...
They do seem a little on the powerfull side tho.

Goblin hero = fake. 100% sure. new portrait? haha, ever saw darky's "the spider queen" campaign... or wait, i mean "return of the dragons" dunno if i was allowed, though he just put the map OPEN for beta testing, the portrait in there was EXACTLY the same as this one, just a goblin with a head over his face... it's just a changed portrait from the sapper, not to much work... 3 new models? that'd be just pictures... icons? easy meat....

And the ogre thing may seem stupid to you, but wouldn't it be cool while you were siding with your best friend in one character, giving eachother help?

Mozared
Closed Thread