wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 10:39 PM   #1
weaaddar
User

Respected User

Submissions (3)

weaaddar has a spectacular aura about (131)

We now have a better tool for the RPG maker, a way for the programmer to create classes, Darky27 has made a cool new easy to use method of adding selling towers to your Tower Defense map, and for the AOS map maker a lag free system of Spawning.

First off on the list of things is my Dialog Test 4 Advance RPG engine reaching another major revision. This is probably the most user friendly extension of war3 avaliable which blurs the lines between RPS and RPG.
Features include:
-------------------
Developer features:
As a developer you can set up five different classification of items.
You can set up item restriction by unit type, str, agi,int
You can set up items to give direct bonuses of str, agi,int,dammage,intelligence, armor and damage.
You can set up items to attach models.
You can set up items to add an unlimited number of ability to a hero.
You can let heroes manually attribute and chose how many points they gain per level.
Setuping a hero is only one line of code!
Limited to 80 hero objects.
Extremely easy to add to your map. Just follow the getting started guide.

End User (game player) features:
Seamless addition of inventory. A new menu that when brought up swaps your inventory with whats equiped and can let you browse through what other items you have.
You can now hold 111 items. (6 quick use physical inventory, 5 equiped items, and 100 items that can be equiped but are not currently.)
Equipable items are identical to there normal item counter parts. They can be dropped, sold, traded, bought picked up etcetra.
When you level up your inventory menu button is swapped with the attribute button. Allowing you to manually chose what stats you would like.
A hero can fully function while checking out his inventory or attributing no slow downs at all.
No lag is created by this system. It cleans up completely after itself.
----------------------------------------

Alright but enough about my system.

This is the real exciting news. Cooler has found a way to make Structs/Classes WITH JASS USING GAMECACHE!
This means that no longer do we have to use obtuse workarounds to get 2d array and use secrative methods to get private data. No longer do we really even need global variables. This is truly impressive and allows all us Jass developer away to get the most out of mapping experience. This is probably the most fundamentally important discovery in jass since the return bug.

With this system we can most likely fully do away with using the shady return bug, and use as many variables as we please using this game cache method. And the best part is that it adds no lag, and works in multiplayer* as well.

(*You can't actually save them in multiplayer but really if you are using this method you probably had no desire to save anyway.).

---------------------------------------
Darky27's new sell tower system is simply fantastic.

You no longer have to set set up individual triggers for each tower. With this one trigger every unit that has his sell tower ability will now be able to be sold for whatever percentage of gold you want. This is a really great fix for those who made 100s of towers and just really didn't want ot go through the hassle of having to code a sell tower trigger for each. This uses no global variables at all. You just have to swap the id of your sell tower ability with the one found in this single trigger. It works perfectly and is so simple to use.
----------------------------------------
Hivemind's new system of AOS spawning is brillaint. Rather then recreate units and create more and more memory usage he recycles them. He creates them only once then keeps on reviving them. It seems easy to use and once you take a look at it you can accomdate your system to use this method of spawning.

Last edited by weaaddar : 01-19-2004 at 11:31 PM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-19-2004, 10:44 PM   #2
Keane
User

Keane has little to show at this moment (0)

A geat weekend eh?
I guess no news is good news even though its very boring and will only intres people in the mapping forum
Old 01-19-2004, 11:00 PM   #3
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

kewl, the JASS one prob wont be as much used, but that RPG item me likes :D
Old 01-19-2004, 11:22 PM   #4
COOLer
User

COOLer is on a distinguished road (14)

I added an updated fully Commented version of my class map dl it
Here!
  2. Project Revolution: Most anticipated mod for WC3
Old 01-20-2004, 01:29 AM   #5
Power
User

Power has little to show at this moment (0)

This is great! Must be that day off....
Old 01-23-2004, 08:42 AM   #6
Andy
oh dear

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Andy has a spectacular aura about (80)Andy has a spectacular aura about (80)Andy has a spectacular aura about (80)

Wow, its a pity that all of this will go to waste when wc3 dies, very impressive fellas :D
Old 01-23-2004, 09:12 PM   #7
BloodHunter
User

BloodHunter has little to show at this moment (0)

There has been talk of WC3 dieing, ALOT, but i beleive it wont-
If WOW is like i think it is, it will get old pretty fast, and this will never die, it is such a classic.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:49 AM   #8
BloodGrunt
User

BloodGrunt has little to show at this moment (0)

WoW isn't that great no online rpg things are, sides, you have to pay $15 a month to play it. WC3 will be around for a very long time, look at SC, millions still play it and it came out in 97'
Old 01-24-2004, 06:10 AM   #9
Silversuns
User

Silversuns has little to show at this moment (0)

yea BloodGrunt your right.
Starcraft never died why should warcraft 3 can die ??
I think it will stay alive for a really long time.
With WoW, i don't think you can make any map or anything like in the warcraft3 editor.
Before it slowing down, Starcraft2 or Diablo3 or warcraft4 may come out if they have to... anyway.
It's what I think!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:58 PM   #10
Magic
User

Respected User

Magic is on a distinguished road (10)

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy
Wow, its a pity that all of this will go to waste when wc3 dies, very impressive fellas :D

Guh? A few remaining people can signal a community's heartbeat, you know.
Even the SC community is fairly active from the sites I visit. I predict the same for WC3.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:14 PM   #11
Lord Evilblobs
User

Lord Evilblobs has little to show at this moment (0)

WC3 WILL NEVER DIE:ggani:

until WC4
Old 02-09-2004, 04:38 AM   #12
Lord Skeith
User

Lord Skeith has little to show at this moment (0)

where the hell is the program?!
Closed Thread