wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 10:27 PM   #16
illidan92
Banned

illidan92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
Because of the massive amount of genocide carried out in it? The way the Americans lost more men than in the rest of their wars together while trying to prop up a brutal dictatorship that executed people on the street? Maybe the burning of many innocent civilians to death by napalm? And of course chemical warfare. And then excursions into other nearby countries completely illegally, resulting in the rise of another brutal dictator and a million deaths, before finally being stopped by none other than Vietnam under communist rule, who cleaned up the mess the USA left.

I'm not saying don't make it, just do your homework and don't get it all wrong, and don't glorify the Americans.
...It's just a game, not an arguement that the U.S. is right or wrong.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:41 PM   #17
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan92
...It's just a game, not an arguement that the U.S. is right or wrong.

So a game glorifying Nazi or Soviet death camps would be fine?
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Old 12-30-2006, 01:17 AM   #18
illidan92
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
So a game glorifying Nazi or Soviet death camps would be fine?
Stop trying to argue. Whoever said i'm glorifying anything? Just let it be and post something related to the map.

Last edited by illidan92 : 12-30-2006 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:46 AM   #19
Jualin
User

Jualin is on a distinguished road (22)

What makes this war different is that this one was recent. That brings up feelings which many agree to be best left buried and forgotten. But if you wish to continue regardless, remember you have been duly warned.

Hidden information:
Old 12-30-2006, 07:44 AM   #20
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

I would help if I didn't have more projects on my hands.

And to be honest, I don't tihnk anybody is gonna get pissy on Bnet about what storyline the map follows. Theres been so many war-maps that it's lost the sting. The Alamo, WW1, WW2, civil war, revolutionary, iraqi, persian gulf, basically every war america has fought in as a map for it. Personally, I say go ahead.

Quote:
Requirements: Need some basic to advanced trigger knowledge to develope custom GUI or JASS enhanced abilities. Must be loyale and cannot have negative rep..

Just felt like pointing out that you have negative rep, so you cannot work on this project.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

Last edited by darkwulfv : 12-30-2006 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:03 AM   #22
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Major difference between the latest Iraqi war, WWI, WWII, etc.. Those wars didn't have the atrocities going on on the 'battlefield'. The attrocities in Vietnam, meanwhile, had a lot of it taking place on the 'battlefield' and in 'combat'.

All I'm saying is be sensible, respectful, and also know your history. He doesn't know his history, shown by stuff like him not knowing about the combat in cities (Tet offensive, etc.)
Quote:
Old 12-31-2006, 10:31 PM   #23
illidan92
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwulfv
I would help if I didn't have more projects on my hands.

And to be honest, I don't tihnk anybody is gonna get pissy on Bnet about what storyline the map follows. Theres been so many war-maps that it's lost the sting. The Alamo, WW1, WW2, civil war, revolutionary, iraqi, persian gulf, basically every war america has fought in as a map for it. Personally, I say go ahead.

Just felt like pointing out that you have negative rep, so you cannot work on this project.
That was actually not my fault. Some kid started flaming me (yes, ACTUAL, unecessary, pointless flaming) and I merely said "stop being a jackass", then got -2 rep points for merely saying that, then for some reason I got another like -4 rep for supposedly "If you ever post copywrite material ever again you're banned." although i've never posted copywrite material so that also does not make sense.

And besides, I already said i'm not working on this map anymore and someone else can if they wish.

Last edited by illidan92 : 12-31-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:37 PM   #24
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Quote:
That was actually not my fault. Some kid started flaming me (yes, ACTUAL, unecessary, pointless flaming) and I merely said "stop being a jackass", then got -2 rep points for merely saying that, then for some reason I got another like -4 rep for supposedly "If you ever post copywrite material ever again you're banned." although i've never posted copywrite material so that also does not make sense.

And besides, I already said i'm not working on this map anymore and someone else can if they wish.

I quote:

Quote:
Sorry I don't play the same map all day and only like unique, original maps.

That was the whole post. No supporting evidence - nothing.

And you did post copyrighted material. Sounds ripped from another game, I think, can't remember exactly.

It was your fault you got negative rep.
Quote:
Old 12-31-2006, 10:55 PM   #25
illidan92
Banned

What sounds I ripped from another game? The Star Wars seismic charge sound? I got that from a site openly giving the public star wars sounds you idiot! God that ticks me off so much that people just assume WAYYY too much these days. You didn't even ask where I got it too! Bottom line is: Don't assume, you'll make an ass out of u and me, which is exactly what freakin' happened.

My post was relevant to their biased and assuming posts (someone first said "he hasn't even played the game" when nothing suggests that at all, and then what your quoted reply was to "he doesn't even play AOS maps" or something like that, so it was merely a reply, actually more ethical than your actions). And to prove it is look at what you're posting, this is about "VIETNAM WAR MAP RECRUITMENT" not "WHAT CAPTAIN_HYPOCRITICAL THINKS", and our arguement was actually about their game and replies not what captain_hypocritical thinks.

Last edited by illidan92 : 12-31-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:47 AM   #26
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Quote:
What sounds I ripped from another game? The Star Wars seismic charge sound? I got that from a site openly giving the public star wars sounds you idiot!

So it was from a site? And? Doesn't make it any less copyrighted. LucasArts very much dislike their stuff being used for modding.

Quote:
God that ticks me off so much that people just assume WAYYY too much these days. You didn't even ask where I got it too! Bottom line is: Don't assume, you'll make an ass out of u and me, which is exactly what freakin' happened.

You are claiming that sounds from Star Wars aren't copyrighted.

That's bull.

Also, god doesn't figure in this.

Quote:
My post was relevant to their biased and assuming posts (someone first said "he hasn't even played the game" when nothing suggests that at all, and then what your quoted reply was to "he doesn't even play AOS maps" or something like that, so it was merely a reply, actually more ethical than your actions). And to prove it is look at what you're posting, this is about "VIETNAM WAR MAP RECRUITMENT" not "WHAT CAPTAIN_HYPOCRITICAL THINKS", and our arguement was actually about their game and replies not what captain_hypocritical thinks.

Your post was negative without any supporting evidence, and part of a trend in that thread. It is firmly stated in the rules that that isn't allowed.

If you wish to further discuss the rights or wrongs of enforcing the rules, take it to the correct channels - not here.
Quote:
Old 01-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #27
illidan92
Banned

Why do you keep saying "Supporting evidence" theres no such thing as supporting evidence in our quarrel that you basicly made because it tore me from staying on topic and trying to add to the game.

If the sounds were copywrited and the site is OPENLY GIVING THEM TO THE POPULACE I highly doubt it would be on there for that amount of time before getting lawed to death.

Give supporting evidence yourself please, how do we know LucasArts doesn't like their stuff being used for modding?

I want all of that negative rep. from captain_hypocritical removed from the "copywrite claims".

Besides, how am I supposed to be posotive when they're just being negative right back in the first place? You can't, clearly showing so in this topic.

Sorry, i'd rather keep discussing it here because 1: you started it here idiot 2: i'd love to embarass you more and 3: I don't know what "the correct channels" is.

Last edited by illidan92 : 01-01-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Captain Griffen
This message has been deleted by Captain Griffen. Reason: Accidently triple post.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Captain Griffen
This message has been deleted by Captain Griffen. Reason: Accidently triple post.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #28
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Why do you keep saying "Supporting evidence" theres no such thing as supporting evidence in our quarrel that you basicly made because it tore me from staying on topic and trying to add to the game.

You made negative comments without backing it up with anything. That's against the rules. No debate on that needed.

Quote:
If the sounds were copywrited and the site is OPENLY GIVING THEM TO THE POPULACE I highly doubt it would be on there for that amount of time before getting lawed to death.

First, many sites do offer a load of downloads.
Second, copyrighted material can be used for some uses, and not for others. I doubt LucasArts would approve of Star Wars material being used in a competitor's game.

Quote:
Give supporting evidence yourself please, how do we know LucasArts doesn't like their stuff being used for modding?

Cease and desist notices they send out, lack of support for modding (even of their own games, which they can be hostile to in protection of Star Wars cannon). That's my experience of them. They may have improved in the last few years, but I doubt to the extent of supporting their material being used for competitor's games.

Quote:
I want all of that negative rep. from captain_hypocritical removed from the "copywrite claims".

Provide evidence that sounds from Star Wars aren't copyrighted then.

Quote:
Besides, how am I supposed to be posotive when they're just being negative right back in the first place? You can't, clearly showing so in this topic.

Being negative amount someone else's work without backing it up is treated as flaming.

Quote:
Sorry, i'd rather keep discussing it here because 1: you started it here idiot 2: i'd love to embarass you more and 3: I don't know what "the correct channels" is.

Obviously you can't read. I sent you a PM telling you that you could PM an admin.

Closed.
Quote:
Closed Thread